GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:26 pm

    Countdown to the draft: 113 days

    asq2
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 7179
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by asq2 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:28 pm

    Oh tell me about it. Ryan is absolutely invisible. But Chiasson, man. He just brings nothing special to the table, even in a good game.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:37 pm

    Meanwhile Prince scores for the Isles and Sens twitter collectively goes "SEE???!"
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:47 pm

    Watch the leafs beat us on Saturday Laugh1

    Needed a close to perfect week to stay alive. Instead I think they're gonna go 0-4 now that wheels are coming off.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:51 pm

    We've been done for a while. The kind of run that happened last year is history-making, once-in-w-lifetime. Won't see another one (and if we do, it would be a different team).


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:55 pm

    Also they played so much better with confidence. You just knew they were gonna win, just not the same feel this time around.

    Not to say they played bad tonight. I thought they played fairly well and hit a couple posts too. But alas I think that's what going to frustrate our boys. Karlsson I think already is thinking about the world championships, he's had quite a few rough games in a row.

    Karlsson, Ryan, Hoffman and apart from the hat trick, zibanejad. Sheesh it's not been good.

    Positives? I like what I see from Cody Ceci, he's got some confidence to him. Our power play has sucked for a while now, i really think it needs to be switched up and allow Ceci some time on it. I think everyone has figured out how to stop our PP (although we looked good tonight).

    Tough game to lose...and to bishop too. He's really got their number.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10038
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by spader on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:37 am

    tim1_2 wrote:I really wish we had somehow moved up to get Landeskog that year we took ZBad.

    Remember after the Sens interviewed him and everyone here went nuts imagining them somehow getting him? That was good times.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:56 am

    wprager wrote:Meanwhile Prince scores for the Isles and Sens twitter collectively goes "SEE???!"
    Actually I really do hope Prince pans out so this can signal that our evaluative methods of talent from our coaching staff leaves a lot to improve. We are by far not where we should be in that department.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 am

    spader wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I really wish we had somehow moved up to get Landeskog that year we took ZBad.

    Remember after the Sens interviewed him and everyone here went nuts imagining them somehow getting him? That was good times.
    I remember... And then we breathed a sign of desperation.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24760
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:31 am

    Michallica wrote:Also they played so much better with confidence. You just knew they were gonna win, just not the same feel this time around.

    Not to say they played bad tonight. I thought they played fairly well and hit a couple posts too. But alas I think that's what going to frustrate our boys. Karlsson I think already is thinking about the world championships, he's had quite a few rough games in a row.

    Karlsson, Ryan, Hoffman and apart from the hat trick, zibanejad. Sheesh it's not been good.

    Positives? I like what I see from Cody Ceci, he's got some confidence to him. Our power play has sucked for a while now, i really think it needs to be switched up and allow Ceci some time on it. I think everyone has figured out how to stop our PP (although we looked good tonight).

    Tough game to lose...and to bishop too. He's really got their number.

    This fine youngster will bring that confidence to the negotiating table and end up with a fat contract. I like how he confidently ices the puck all the time because he doesn't know how to clear the zone or hit anyone with a pass. "puck mover" indeed.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #65: Lightning @ Senators - 7:30 pm - Thursday, Mar 3, 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:22 pm