You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 NHL Draft Discussion

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 12]

136 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Shock of the draft has to be Kekalainen *not* picking the consensus 3rd overall -- and a Finn, to boot.  This might come back to haunt him in a few years.  Puljujarvi will be playing with McDavid or Hall, so he should get a ton of points.  Meanwhile there's no guarantee Dubois will even make the Jackets' roster.  Can't evaluate this pick until 2 years down the road but, of course, they will.

That is pretty shocking.

But you know I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if brown doesn't pan out to be more than a 3rd liner. Gonna hold that over your head for the rest of your life. Spezz has the trade stone and you will have draft Brown.


Sarcasm

137 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 am

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Comparing this tall player to other tall players based on them being tall is really dumb. 

Brown sounds good. A nice fellow with LOCAL CONNECTIONS!

It's about time this team goes local.

138 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:30 am

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Shock of the draft has to be Kekalainen *not* picking the consensus 3rd overall -- and a Finn, to boot.  This might come back to haunt him in a few years.  Puljujarvi will be playing with McDavid or Hall, so he should get a ton of points.  Meanwhile there's no guarantee Dubois will even make the Jackets' roster.  Can't evaluate this pick until 2 years down the road but, of course, they will.

That is pretty shocking.

But you know I'm gonna hold you personally responsible if brown doesn't pan out to be more than a 3rd liner. Gonna hold that over your head for the rest of your life. Spezz has the trade stone and you will have draft Brown.


Sarcasm

Fair enough. You might also keep track of who was taken at or after the 12 spot in the third round.

139 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:37 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Sounds like he took his game to another level in the 2nd half.  Sounds like spezza a little...

He played the second half of the season as a center. Interestingly, he was 50% on face offs -- not bad for a guy switching to the position mid-season. Big kid, too -- 6'3" and 202 at 17 (he *just* turned 18 the day of the draft).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

140 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Sounds like he took his game to another level in the 2nd half.  Sounds like spezza a little...

He played the second half of the season as a center.  Interestingly, he was 50% on face offs -- not bad for a guy switching to the position mid-season.  Big kid, too -- 6'3" and 202 at 17 (he *just* turned 18 the day of the draft).  

Spez was talking about brown

141 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:04 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
You sure about that?

Anyway ...


Sens take Ulf Dahlen's son, Jonathan, at the #42 spot. Smallish C/LW from Sweden who is a "McGyver on the ice."

http://thehockeywriters.com/jonathan-dahlen-the-next-ones-2016-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

142 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:40 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I was talking about Brown and admit to being confused.

143 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:51 am

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/st_timra1_tu3bc2

144 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:00 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
4th round pick (they gave up their 3rd for Brown) is another big(ish) center -- 6'3" Todd Burgess:
http://www.newsminer.com/sports/ice_dogs/ice-dogs-todd-burgess-makes-nhl-central-scouting-rankings/article_76b7e2d2-bf52-11e5-8d19-572e980b4178.html


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

145 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:03 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:I was talking about Brown and admit to being confused.

No worries, the conversation was about a Finnish GM skipping a Finnish player everyone thought would go 3rd to pick Dubois. He was switched to center mid-season. That's why I thought you were talking about him.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

146 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:14 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I was talking about Brown and admit to being confused.

No worries, the conversation was about a Finnish GM skipping a Finnish player everyone thought would go 3rd to pick Dubois.  He was switched to center mid-season.  That's why I thought you were talking about him.

Yeah, I went back and re-read and understand now. They must really have had red flags about the Finn.

147 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:15 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2018145&page=3

One of the things HF I'd really good for is intestine reads on prospects. They love our 2nd rounder

148 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:26 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2018145&page=3

One of the things HF I'd really good for is intestine reads on prospects.   They love our 2nd rounder

Real in-depth analysis, eh? Visceral stuff, goes right to the core since what's inside is what matter most.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

149 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:42 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
5th round pick -- Maxime Lajoie, a two-way D-man from Alberta.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=99281


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

150 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:43 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
6th round pick - Markus Nurmi:
http://thehockeywriters.com/markus-nurmi-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

We finally get a Finn Smile


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

151 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:06 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Are we done? Dorion was trying to get Calgary's 7th round pick for Chiasson.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

152 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:06 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Anyone else surprised that Chychrun dropped so much?

153 Re: 2016 NHL Draft Discussion on Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:09 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Murray Pam ‏@Pammerhockey wrote:
.@THNRyanKennedy listed Lajoie and Burgess 115 and 116 respectively in his final rankings. #Sens select both players.

Goes to show how past the top three two it's really a crapshoot.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum