Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Let's do this??!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Hammond has this uncanny ability to just step in whatever the situation and be great. Man, if only we had that extra point from the St Louis shootout and one or two more Ws from earlier in the season...it'd be a whole different ballgame!

Before Turris got injured the Sens were 6th in the Conference and just 1 point back of Detroit for 2nd in the Atlantic, and with a game in hand to boot. It's not inconceivable that they could have ended up 1st in the Division. But even back then, we were winning because of great goaltending and lucky scoring (our team PDO was unsustainably high and was going to regress sooner or later). Effort level in the first has been terrible except for one game (against a Rangers team that was playing pretty bad, IIRC). And you can't hang that one on Hoffman. It was pretty much across the board.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I'm in Montreal visiting my mom. So can't watch until I get home. How have they been so far?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
So, I see from the box score that Wiercioch is scratched. How has Thor been?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Hello?

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
They've looked good in the first period. Weircioch is injured. I don't know who's stoning the senators more....lehtonen or oduya?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
How may more games does Cameron have to bench Hoffman until Smith is leading the team in goals? That's the master plan, after all, isn't it?

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:How may more games does Cameron have to bench Hoffman until Smith is leading the team in goals?  That's the master plan, after all, isn't it?

18th of the season today. That's just wild to me.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Of course. A Spezza PPG.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:How may more games does Cameron have to bench Hoffman until Smith is leading the team in goals?  That's the master plan, after all, isn't it?

18th of the season today. That's just wild to me.

Hard to believe the season smith is having.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Of course.  A Spezza PPG.  

Speaking of Spezza and (a different type of) PPG, did you know that he's 10th on the active list for points per game?

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
Well thats that

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:So, I see from the box score that Wiercioch is scratched.  How has Thor been?

Thor has been solid. No surprise there.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
What is it, now, 41 days till the Draft Lottery?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ok, I don't want to win one more game all year please.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:Ok, I don't want to win one more game all year please.  
That's sad. But I understand where this comes from.

Winning is good for a young team but this team has lacked the drive to win all season. Such a travesty because we have such good pieces.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Well that's gonna finally end our hopes. I'm thankful they kept it interesting, it was a solid game but what a heart breaker after that lazar goal got called back. But that's how it goes: we didn't deserve to win yesterday, and we deserved to win today.

Ironic actually that two coach's challenges really did us in: this one, and then the one against vancouver that was still allowed to stand and paved the way for the loss that night.

You got 15 games to now see what's really in the system. And it's make or break time for both Hoffman and Zibanejad.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Ok, I don't want to win one more game all year please.  
That's sad. But I understand where this comes from.

Winning is good for a young team but this team has lacked the drive to win all season. Such a travesty because we have such good pieces.

I wish our winning last season meant good things for the future but taking a step back is a real kick in the pants. Honestly don't know if winning down the stretch now does much for development and growth. Columbus won like crazy late last year and everyone thought they were a shoo-in for the playoffs this year.

Honestly, I just hope they're competitive going forth, and for that I think we need to let the kids play more.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum