GAME DAY #67: Stars @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, March 6 2016

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: GAME DAY #67: Stars @ Senators - 5:00 pm - Sunday, March 6 2016

Post by PTFlea on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:09 am

There hasn't been these much red flags on a player since I can't remember. I disagree with the way Cameron is going about it some of the time, but long and short, he's not the kind of player for us.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 21012
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:40 am

wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Listen, Walter, you can't deny that there are plenty of red flags around Hoffman.  He was playing quite poorly recently, and certainly deserves the "demotion" he's getting.  If he's not burying his chances, he's pretty useless, and lately he hasn't been burying.  Comparing his level of effort to Karlsson is laughable and just diminishes your argument.  

I disagree.  He's playing the same as before.  He's hit a few more posts and crossbars and has been getting less ice time with worse linemates.  He is a small skilled player with excellent speed and shot.  He is not going go generate offense by himself like Chiasson or Zibanejad should be able to do.  He is not going to be a big hitting machine or a defensive wizard.  Nevertheless, he has the kind of skill which -- if used effectively -- will help you win games.  But Cameron has a chip on his shoulder and is more preoccupied with playing "the right way" than winning games.

What? Why is Chiasson supposed to generate offense by himself? That makes zero sense.

Hoffman when on generates things by himself. Lately he's been bad and hasn't been creating much of anything. Posts and crossbars are still misses.

But yes he should not be handling the puck so much because he isn't smart enough to make good decisions with it.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48302
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:08 am

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:Listen, Walter, you can't deny that there are plenty of red flags around Hoffman.  He was playing quite poorly recently, and certainly deserves the "demotion" he's getting.  If he's not burying his chances, he's pretty useless, and lately he hasn't been burying.  Comparing his level of effort to Karlsson is laughable and just diminishes your argument.  

I disagree.  He's playing the same as before.  He's hit a few more posts and crossbars and has been getting less ice time with worse linemates.  He is a small skilled player with excellent speed and shot.  He is not going go generate offense by himself like Chiasson or Zibanejad should be able to do.  He is not going to be a big hitting machine or a defensive wizard.  Nevertheless, he has the kind of skill which -- if used effectively -- will help you win games.  But Cameron has a chip on his shoulder and is more preoccupied with playing "the right way" than winning games.

What? Why is Chiasson supposed to generate offense by himself? That makes zero sense.

Hoffman when on generates things by himself. Lately he's been bad and hasn't been creating much of anything. Posts and crossbars are still misses.

But yes he should not be handling the puck so much because he isn't smart enough to make good decisions with it.

Because of his physical attributes. Hoffman can generate things with his speed, but against better-coached teams that may not be enough by itself.
    TheAvatar
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2728
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by TheAvatar on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:10 am

Ryan has been awful as well so why isn't he on the 4th line?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48302
    Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by wprager on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 am

TheAvatar wrote:

Ryan has been awful as well so why isn't he on the 4th line?

There's not enough 4th line minutes for all players who have earned them. Even Stone, while he's been excellent of late, was horrible after he was suspended and until he was (mercifully) separated from Turris. And it wasn't just Turris' ankle.

I even remember people talking about how Pageau (early in the season) was not showing much hustle and compete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:26 pm