GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
i just tuned in and it's 4-2. urghhh

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Matrix to start.  A win tonight and a Red Wings loss to Winnipeg, and we're only three points out!

I believe this is the third time you've done that and jinxed them every time. Really working for that draft pick, eh?

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran
#FireEverybody

After five years as a head/assistant coach, if the players, no matter how bad they are, do not play a system consistently, it is bad coaching.

I hope Melnyk cleans house.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Is this a contract year for Smith?  I mean, seriously.  Murray has found that top-six left winger he's been looking for.  Also some ammunition in his contract talks with Hoffman.

no. just no.
smith is no long term solution for the top 6. even arguably not the top 9. we give a contract to smith it will be greening all over again. smith is having a great year no doubt but at his age i'd say this is a one off. enjoy it cuz it won't happen again.

I was only joking.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
dennycrane wrote:#FireEverybody

After five years as a head/assistant coach, if the players, no matter how bad they are, do not play a system consistently, it is bad coaching.

Coaching should be evaluated next year. Just fire Jason smith and you're all good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Is this a contract year for Smith?  I mean, seriously.  Murray has found that top-six left winger he's been looking for.  Also some ammunition in his contract talks with Hoffman.

no. just no.
smith is no long term solution for the top 6. even arguably not the top 9. we give a contract to smith it will be greening all over again. smith is having a great year no doubt but at his age i'd say this is a one off. enjoy it cuz it won't happen again.

He's going to chip in 15 goals every year and play all situations

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
dennycrane wrote:#FireEverybody

Coaching should be evaluated next year. Just fire Jason smith and you're all good.
yeah. jason hasn't proven much with teaching d-men to acclimatize to the NHL. cowen, wier, ceci to some extent...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Kostka is not an NHL D-man. Why did we ever pick him up?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I could see everyone getting fired if/when a new gm come in. It's time for new blood to come in and identify the core and get this team to the next step

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith). We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith).  We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.

It's business. Sometimes you have to fire even your "bestie".

This team needs a totally different direction.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith).  We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.

Theres a lot of problems and some of it is lack of a consistent style of play and system imo

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I obviously love Karlsson but when he's your top player, the team, especially the D, will try to play like him which isn't a good style for most D. I am not sure we will ever be good defensively with Karlsson as our #1.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
No, what we need is some winners in the locker room and behind the bench. Been there done that type of guys.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:I obviously love Karlsson but when he's your top player, the team, especially the D, will try to play like him which isn't a good style for most D. I am not sure we will ever be good defensively with Karlsson as our #1.

Agree 100%

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Fire Smith and Tourigny. Replace with Richardson and someone else.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Fire Smith and Tourigny. Replace with Richardson and someone else.

tourigny is fine, he should just take Smith's role to run the D. He turned Erik Johnson around in Colorado.

The best hire would be Jacques Martin

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star
Jacques Martin would be perfect, I was thinking about him too lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum