GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13130
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:27 pm

    i just tuned in and it's 4-2. urghhh

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47966
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:48 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Matrix to start. A win tonight and a Red Wings loss to Winnipeg, and we're only three points out!

    I believe this is the third time you've done that and jinxed them every time. Really working for that draft pick, eh?

    dennycrane
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 2121
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by dennycrane on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 pm

    #FireEverybody

    After five years as a head/assistant coach, if the players, no matter how bad they are, do not play a system consistently, it is bad coaching.

    I hope Melnyk cleans house.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47966
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Is this a contract year for Smith? I mean, seriously. Murray has found that top-six left winger he's been looking for. Also some ammunition in his contract talks with Hoffman.

    no. just no.
    smith is no long term solution for the top 6. even arguably not the top 9. we give a contract to smith it will be greening all over again. smith is having a great year no doubt but at his age i'd say this is a one off. enjoy it cuz it won't happen again.

    I was only joking.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:41 pm

    dennycrane wrote:#FireEverybody

    After five years as a head/assistant coach, if the players, no matter how bad they are, do not play a system consistently, it is bad coaching.

    I hope Melnyk cleans house.

    Coaching should be evaluated next year. Just fire Jason smith and you're all good.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:42 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:Is this a contract year for Smith? I mean, seriously. Murray has found that top-six left winger he's been looking for. Also some ammunition in his contract talks with Hoffman.

    no. just no.
    smith is no long term solution for the top 6. even arguably not the top 9. we give a contract to smith it will be greening all over again. smith is having a great year no doubt but at his age i'd say this is a one off. enjoy it cuz it won't happen again.

    He's going to chip in 15 goals every year and play all situations
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13130
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:29 am

    Ev wrote:
    dennycrane wrote:#FireEverybody

    After five years as a head/assistant coach, if the players, no matter how bad they are, do not play a system consistently, it is bad coaching.

    I hope Melnyk cleans house.

    Coaching should be evaluated next year. Just fire Jason smith and you're all good.
    yeah. jason hasn't proven much with teaching d-men to acclimatize to the NHL. cowen, wier, ceci to some extent...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47966
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:16 am

    Kostka is not an NHL D-man. Why did we ever pick him up?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54437
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:21 am

    I could see everyone getting fired if/when a new gm come in. It's time for new blood to come in and identify the core and get this team to the next step
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16332
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:40 am

    Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith). We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47966
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:50 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith). We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.

    It's business. Sometimes you have to fire even your "bestie".

    This team needs a totally different direction.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54437
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:06 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Except Cameron is Melnyk's bestie. Anyway, coaching isnt really the problem here (except maybe for Smith). We have a mediocre roster and can't weather injuries to our #1C.

    Theres a lot of problems and some of it is lack of a consistent style of play and system imo
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 am

    I obviously love Karlsson but when he's your top player, the team, especially the D, will try to play like him which isn't a good style for most D. I am not sure we will ever be good defensively with Karlsson as our #1.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:37 am

    No, what we need is some winners in the locker room and behind the bench. Been there done that type of guys.
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:38 am

    Ev wrote:I obviously love Karlsson but when he's your top player, the team, especially the D, will try to play like him which isn't a good style for most D. I am not sure we will ever be good defensively with Karlsson as our #1.

    Agree 100%

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1953
    Age : 87
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:39 am

    Fire Smith and Tourigny. Replace with Richardson and someone else.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Ev on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Fire Smith and Tourigny. Replace with Richardson and someone else.

    tourigny is fine, he should just take Smith's role to run the D. He turned Erik Johnson around in Colorado.

    The best hire would be Jacques Martin
    avatar
    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Age : 30
    Location : Montreal, QC
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by LeCaptain on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:43 am

    Jacques Martin would be perfect, I was thinking about him too lol.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #69: Senators @ Panthers - 7:30 pm - Thursday, March 10 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:16 am