You are not connected. Please login or register

 » Ottawa Senators » GAME DAY #70: Leafs @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, March 12 2016

GAME DAY #70: Leafs @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, March 12 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Point is, Gomez is not part of the future for the Sens while Puempel is a 1st round pick that they've invested in over the last few years, and they are paying him a heck of a lot more to sit in the press box then they would have if he was still in Bingo.  If they don't think he's part of the future then keep him in the AHL and save the cash.  It's not like Gomez is the difference between making the playoffs and missing.

Bottom line, Gomez makes no sense in light of the fact that Puempel was brought up to Ottawa.


I think management has finally realized that leaning on the kids is not a formula for success. The mix has to be weighted in favour of more vets in the NHL while they reset the farm by actually leaving the kids down there longer than needed...

I would have no issue with ScoGo centering line 4 and playing the PP next season.

I think added veteran presence would lead to fewer peaks and valleys throughout the season. I think the biggest problem with a kid-focused team makeup is the lack of consistency.

Agreed with both above posts.  That said there might be better options than Gomez in the off season,  but I like him.

I don't really care who they get, as long as he's cheap! The important thing is to get Bingo sorted out in a hurry. They got overzealous and overconfident with our prospects and we may have been set back 2 or 3 years in that area because of it.

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
Return of this guy tonight

GAME DAY #70: Leafs @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, March 12 2016 - Page 2 MM

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Red Wings win in OT. Sens 8 back of the Penguins who have 2 in hand -- "mathematically eliminated" isn't too far off. Malkin is out 6-8 weeks. Flyers just 3 back with a game in hand.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Red Wings win in OT.  Sens 8 back of the Penguins who have 2 in hand -- "mathematically eliminated" isn't too far off.  Malkin is out 6-8 weeks.  Flyers just 3 back with a game in hand.  

R u still scoreboard watching? We may not be mathematically eliminated till like 5 games remaining in the regular season. Save yourself the trouble now

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:Red Wings win in OT.  Sens 8 back of the Penguins who have 2 in hand -- "mathematically eliminated" isn't too far off.  Malkin is out 6-8 weeks.  Flyers just 3 back with a game in hand.  

R u still scoreboard watching? We may not be mathematically eliminated till like 5 games remaining in the regular season. Save yourself the trouble now

Sens are running the table starting tonight. Buckle up!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:Red Wings win in OT.  Sens 8 back of the Penguins who have 2 in hand -- "mathematically eliminated" isn't too far off.  Malkin is out 6-8 weeks.  Flyers just 3 back with a game in hand.  

R u still scoreboard watching? We may not be mathematically eliminated till like 5 games remaining in the regular season. Save yourself the trouble now

Sens are running the table starting tonight. Buckle up!!!!
GoSensGo!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Point is, Gomez is not part of the future for the Sens while Puempel is a 1st round pick that they've invested in over the last few years, and they are paying him a heck of a lot more to sit in the press box then they would have if he was still in Bingo.  If they don't think he's part of the future then keep him in the AHL and save the cash.  It's not like Gomez is the difference between making the playoffs and missing.

Bottom line, Gomez makes no sense in light of the fact that Puempel was brought up to Ottawa.


I think management has finally realized that leaning on the kids is not a formula for success. The mix has to be weighted in favour of more vets in the NHL while they reset the farm by actually leaving the kids down there longer than needed...

I would have no issue with ScoGo centering line 4 and playing the PP next season.

I think added veteran presence would lead to fewer peaks and valleys throughout the season. I think the biggest problem with a kid-focused team makeup is the lack of consistency.

Agreed with both above posts.  That said there might be better options than Gomez in the off season,  but I like him.

I don't really care who they get, as long as he's cheap! The important thing is to get Bingo sorted out in a hurry. They got overzealous and overconfident with our prospects and we may have been set back 2 or 3 years in that area because of it.

They're gonna trade zbad and Hoffman and change the culture of the team imo. Prospects are coming , too many had graduated to nhl and a lot are in juniors still

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Point is, Gomez is not part of the future for the Sens while Puempel is a 1st round pick that they've invested in over the last few years, and they are paying him a heck of a lot more to sit in the press box then they would have if he was still in Bingo.  If they don't think he's part of the future then keep him in the AHL and save the cash.  It's not like Gomez is the difference between making the playoffs and missing.

Bottom line, Gomez makes no sense in light of the fact that Puempel was brought up to Ottawa.


I think management has finally realized that leaning on the kids is not a formula for success. The mix has to be weighted in favour of more vets in the NHL while they reset the farm by actually leaving the kids down there longer than needed...

I would have no issue with ScoGo centering line 4 and playing the PP next season.

I think added veteran presence would lead to fewer peaks and valleys throughout the season. I think the biggest problem with a kid-focused team makeup is the lack of consistency.

Agreed with both above posts.  That said there might be better options than Gomez in the off season,  but I like him.

I don't really care who they get, as long as he's cheap! The important thing is to get Bingo sorted out in a hurry. They got overzealous and overconfident with our prospects and we may have been set back 2 or 3 years in that area because of it.

They're gonna trade zbad and Hoffman and change the culture of the team imo.  Prospects are coming , too many had graduated to nhl and a lot are in juniors still  
Yeah I'm kind of excited to have the youth injection that we will likely have in bingo next year. Quite a few interesting prospects should be heading there.

And yes. Someone is getting traded this summer. That's a given. Shake the $hit out of that locker room

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Stone is so good. Pageau and him are gonna become legendary penalty killers here.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Point is, Gomez is not part of the future for the Sens while Puempel is a 1st round pick that they've invested in over the last few years, and they are paying him a heck of a lot more to sit in the press box then they would have if he was still in Bingo.  If they don't think he's part of the future then keep him in the AHL and save the cash.  It's not like Gomez is the difference between making the playoffs and missing.

Bottom line, Gomez makes no sense in light of the fact that Puempel was brought up to Ottawa.


I think management has finally realized that leaning on the kids is not a formula for success. The mix has to be weighted in favour of more vets in the NHL while they reset the farm by actually leaving the kids down there longer than needed...

I would have no issue with ScoGo centering line 4 and playing the PP next season.

I think added veteran presence would lead to fewer peaks and valleys throughout the season. I think the biggest problem with a kid-focused team makeup is the lack of consistency.

Agreed with both above posts.  That said there might be better options than Gomez in the off season,  but I like him.

I don't really care who they get, as long as he's cheap! The important thing is to get Bingo sorted out in a hurry. They got overzealous and overconfident with our prospects and we may have been set back 2 or 3 years in that area because of it.

They're gonna trade zbad and Hoffman and change the culture of the team imo.  Prospects are coming , too many had graduated to nhl and a lot are in juniors still  
Yeah I'm kind of excited to have the youth injection that we will likely have in bingo next year. Quite a few interesting prospects should be heading there.

And yes. Someone is getting traded this summer. That's a given. Shake the $hit out of that locker room

Like Mike Borkowski?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=141853

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Always nice to demolish the Leaves. And enough on this stupid Soshnikov kid.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:Red Wings win in OT.  Sens 8 back of the Penguins who have 2 in hand -- "mathematically eliminated" isn't too far off.  Malkin is out 6-8 weeks.  Flyers just 3 back with a game in hand.  

R u still scoreboard watching? We may not be mathematically eliminated till like 5 games remaining in the regular season. Save yourself the trouble now

Actually the interesting race now will be the Pennsylvania 6-5000.  Like I said, Flyers are 3 back with a game in hand and Malkin down for the rest of the regular season.

(I actually posted this last night but there was a submission error; I see now that the Flyers lost in the SO so 2 back now, no game in hand)



Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Trading both Zibanejad and Hoffman should, in theory, bring us a legit 1LC.  But what team out there has a legit 1LC that it is willing to trade for a 2LC and a scoring threat?  How about Malkin?  He's 29, so he should still have a good 3-4 years before he starts slowing down.



Last edited by wprager on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:Trading both Zibanejad and Hoffman should, in theory, bring us a legit 1LC.  But what team out there has a legit 1LC that it is willing to trade for a 2LC and a scoring threat?  How about Malkin?  He's 29, so he should still have a good 3-4 years before he starts slowing down.

I know, I'm not sure who will be out there,  but we'll need to pound the pavement

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
ZBad + Hoff + Ceci for Malkin. Cool.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:ZBad + Hoff + Ceci for Malkin. Cool.

I'm sure they'd want stone and zbad and Ceci

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:ZBad + Hoff + Ceci for Malkin. Cool.

I'm sure they'd want stone and zbad and Ceci

And I'm sure that it would cost less than either of those proposals.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:ZBad + Hoff + Ceci for Malkin. Cool.

I'm sure they'd want stone and zbad and Ceci

That's nice, but I'm not sure they get an offer better than that...with three good roster players coming over. Anyway, it's not going to happen, so it's not really worth talking about. What FA centres are available this summer?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum