You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 Awards Predictions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:50 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course he will.  Not only are they leading the league, he's also their workhorse.  Can you even name their backup without googling it?

Yeah, it's Grubauer and he's actually got better stats than Holtby.  I get that Holtby has a ridiculous amount of wins, but that's because Washington is ridiculously good.  I'll certainly admit that he might win, but I don't think he should or will.  The thing is that the only real other candidate is Ben Bishop, and Tampa hasn't been playing him a ton.  But his GAA is 2.02, which is by far and away the best in the league. He's also the leader in save % among starters.

Have you watched many Washington games? Yes, they're good, but he's been spectacular. He isn't one of those goalies that just happens to be playing in front of a good team. He's a big reason why they're so good. I've been paying close attention to him for the last three or four years (for fantasy hockey), and I can tell you that he's a better goalie than you're giving him credit for.

Also, I think Crawford and maybe Quick are other reasonable candidates.

17 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course he will.  Not only are they leading the league, he's also their workhorse.  Can you even name their backup without googling it?

Yeah, it's Grubauer and he's actually got better stats than Holtby.  I get that Holtby has a ridiculous amount of wins, but that's because Washington is ridiculously good.  I'll certainly admit that he might win, but I don't think he should or will.  The thing is that the only real other candidate is Ben Bishop, and Tampa hasn't been playing him a ton.  But his GAA is 2.02, which is by far and away the best in the league. He's also the leader in save % among starters.

It's not like Holtby's .922 SV% is bad. Bishop has huge D in front of him -- Hedman is 6'6", Sustr is 6'7", Coburn is 6'5". Carlson is 6'3" and he's the biggest on the Caps blue line. Holtby has to manage more shots from in close and more traffic in his crease.

18 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:19 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course he will.  Not only are they leading the league, he's also their workhorse.  Can you even name their backup without googling it?

Yeah, it's Grubauer and he's actually got better stats than Holtby.  I get that Holtby has a ridiculous amount of wins, but that's because Washington is ridiculously good.  I'll certainly admit that he might win, but I don't think he should or will.  The thing is that the only real other candidate is Ben Bishop, and Tampa hasn't been playing him a ton.  But his GAA is 2.02, which is by far and away the best in the league. He's also the leader in save % among starters.

Have you watched many Washington games? Yes, they're good, but he's been spectacular. He isn't one of those goalies that just happens to be playing in front of a good team. He's a big reason why they're so good. I've been paying close attention to him for the last three or four years (for fantasy hockey), and I can tell you that he's a better goalie than you're giving him credit for.

Also, I think Crawford and maybe Quick are other reasonable candidates.

Exactly.

19 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Of course he will.  Not only are they leading the league, he's also their workhorse.  Can you even name their backup without googling it?

Yeah, it's Grubauer and he's actually got better stats than Holtby.  I get that Holtby has a ridiculous amount of wins, but that's because Washington is ridiculously good.  I'll certainly admit that he might win, but I don't think he should or will.  The thing is that the only real other candidate is Ben Bishop, and Tampa hasn't been playing him a ton.  But his GAA is 2.02, which is by far and away the best in the league. He's also the leader in save % among starters.

Have you watched many Washington games? Yes, they're good, but he's been spectacular. He isn't one of those goalies that just happens to be playing in front of a good team. He's a big reason why they're so good. I've been paying close attention to him for the last three or four years (for fantasy hockey), and I can tell you that he's a better goalie than you're giving him credit for.

Also, I think Crawford and maybe Quick are other reasonable candidates.

Exactly.
Crawford.... Good goalie but definitely benefits from the team he's playing for. Put him in Edmonton and watch him collapse.

20 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:32 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Collapse? No. He would still be a good goalie but wouldn't win as many games, of course. You can be a great goalie and lose games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

21 Re: 2016 Awards Predictions on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Collapse? No.  He would still be a good goalie but wouldn't win as many games, of course.  You can be a great goalie and lose games.  

Truly riveting analysis.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum