GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:27 am

    Sens were officially eliminated last night.

    #GoBallsGo

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:10 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    spader wrote:ooooh...duplicate GDTs. Maybe that's good luck? Hammond getting a win would help me out in the finals of my pool.

    It'll help me out in one of my pools too...Let's do it!

    WE DID IT!

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20775
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by Ev on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:18 am

    That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:34 am

    Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

    He just swapped the puck in a split second earlier. There were two problems with that play -- first, Stone was an idiot in not keeping his head up, second, the lineseman was in the way of Stone squeezing through untouched.

    Late in the game, with the Sens clinging to their 1 goal lead they were about to clear the puck along the boards and it hit the linesman who was standing inside the blue line. I have no idea why he was standing inside the blue line in the first place (refs go into corners and behind the goal, linesemen don't need to, except for face offs), but he made it even worse by not doing anything to get out of the way of the puck (didn't jump, didn't even lift his skate). It was bizarre, luckily did not lead to a tying goal, but could have.

    I wonder if it was the same linesman.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:12 pm

    Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

    While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

    That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by wprager on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:30 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

    While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

    That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.

    I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue). If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game. Buff is big.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16256
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

    While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

    That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.

    I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue).  If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game.  Buff is big.  

    Meh. He was in a bad spot with the wrong guy on the ice. Every now and then, you get kamblammo'd. Unless you're Erik Karlsson.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10038
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by spader on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:40 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Ev wrote:That hit was clear interference to me. Will be outlawed soon.

    While you might be right and the NHL might want to get the 'massive' hits out of there, I don't see how they can.

    That was one of the first things I thought though, great hit, but an unnecessary danger for an already violent game.

    I love Stone, but he's 70% at fault here; the other 30% goes to the linesman (he probably saw "Wideman" in the lineup and went rogue).  If Stone skated at full speed in the end boards you wouldn't want to take the boards out of the game.  Buff is big.  

    Meh.  He was in a bad spot with the wrong guy on the ice.  Every now and then, you get kamblammo'd.  Unless you're Erik Karlsson.

    This. The hit was 100% legal. That happens sometimes. Sucks to be Stone, but if Methot had laid that hit on Schieffele, we wouldn't be complaining.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:52 pm

    It was a good hit, I have different reactions to those than I used to though. Someone's gonna get crippled out there soon.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16256
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:41 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:It was a good hit, I have different reactions to those than I used to though.  Someone's gonna get crippled out there soon.

    There's no real way to ban "hard" hits though. The only way would be to eliminate body checking, which isn't as crazy as it sounds, but likely won't happen in our life times.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GAME DAY #77: Senators @ Jets - 7:30pm - Wednesday, March 30, 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:39 pm