GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:really? He'd be my favourite acquisition in Sens history. The kind of guy we need.

also MacArthur is a Top six on ANY team

If Lucic comes to Ottawa, I guarantee we'll talking about the horrible penalties he takes within 10 games. He does produce though.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
So yeo has been interviewed

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:So yeo has been interviewed

I wonder if they asked him for his salary demands. Or, as Melnyk puts it, "How low can Yeo go!"

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lol, good old prager

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:MacArthur is a 50 point guy. That's top six on any team.
MacArthur has only reached over 50 twice in his career. One could also say that he benefited from playing with turris and stone. I'd rather have someone like Hoffman or ericksson in that spot. Put MacArthur with pageau and you'll get some fairly good results. He'll get chances to score but wih less even strength minutes will likely play more PK. Better player management.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
MacArthur has only reached over 50 twice in his career. One could also say that he benefited from playing with turris and stone. I'd rather have someone like Hoffman or ericksson in that spot. Put MacArthur with pageau and you'll get some fairly good results. He'll get chances to score but wih less even strength minutes will likely play more PK. Better player management.

I think the best way to handle this is to put him where he's always excelled, which is with Turris, leaving Stone with Pageau and Smith. That's if we can sign Eriksson, which is a huge if.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think the best way to handle this is to put him where he's always excelled, which is with Turris,  leaving Stone with Pageau and Smith.   That's if we can sign Eriksson,  which is a huge if.

Mac-Turris-Eriksson
Hoffman-Zib-Ryan
Smith-JGP-Stone

Is that what you're proposing? Kind of a 2ABC approach?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Looks like Quentin Shore will test free agency and not sign with the Sens. That's OK, we have Wolanin (who win the Frozen Four) and are in on his team-mate Caggiula.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Looks like Quentin Shore will test free agency and not sign with the Sens.  That's OK, we have Wolanin (who win the Frozen Four) and are in on his team-mate Cagliari.
Is he testing meaning he refused their contract offer or did they not offer him one?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
spader wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think the best way to handle this is to put him where he's always excelled, which is with Turris,  leaving Stone with Pageau and Smith.   That's if we can sign Eriksson,  which is a huge if.

Mac-Turris-Eriksson
Hoffman-Zib-Ryan
Smith-JGP-Stone

Is that what you're proposing? Kind of a 2ABC approach?

Definitely, except switch ryan for Eriksson because ryan must always play with turris.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Looks like Quentin Shore will test free agency and not sign with the Sens.  That's OK, we have Wolanin (who win the Frozen Four) and are in on his team-mate Cagliari.
Is he testing meaning he refused their contract offer or did they not offer him one?

I'm sure they offered him a standard ELC. He didn't want to sign.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
Dude. If mac actually ever really comes back. And let's be honest. Mac is much more of a 3rd liner on a deep team than a true top 6 player.

Hoff-turris-ryan
Ericksson/drouin-Zib-stone
Mac-pageau-Chiasson/dzingel
Smith-lazar-dzingel/Chiasson
Puemple-paul-neil as extras

But anyways, we were promised changes in the offseason so we will see who is still around when the dust settles.

We are not getting Drouin as his trade value skyrocketed this playoff and with Stamkos likely not returning he may turn into the Bolts' next star. Ericsson will cost too much as a FA unless Karlsson demands it/gets in his ear. Lucic will also cost an arm and a leg and can see him signing with Vancouver or somewhere on the west coast.

I think we stay relatively quiet via FA and whatever changes we make will come via trade with equal value going in and out.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Dude. If mac actually ever really comes back. And let's be honest. Mac is much more of a 3rd liner on a deep team than a true top 6 player.

Hoff-turris-ryan
Ericksson/drouin-Zib-stone
Mac-pageau-Chiasson/dzingel
Smith-lazar-dzingel/Chiasson
Puemple-paul-neil as extras

But anyways, we were promised changes in the offseason so we will see who is still around when the dust settles.

We are not getting Drouin as his trade value skyrocketed this playoff and with Stamkos likely not returning he may turn into the Bolts' next star. Ericsson will cost too much as a FA unless Karlsson demands it/gets in his ear. Lucic will also cost an arm and a leg and can see him signing with Vancouver or somewhere on the west coast.

I think we stay relatively quiet via FA and whatever changes we make will come via trade with equal value going in and out.

There are also a lot of RFA's out there which could be intriguing via trade. A Hoffman+ for Schwartz trade would be interesting. Andrew Shaw is available. Alex Killorn. Marcus Johansson, Kyle Palmieri, Brett Connolly, Jason Zucker, etc.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
And Nashville may be willing to give up more D for scoring if they lose to Anaheim. Wouldn't Mattias Ekholm look good playing with Karlsson or Ceci?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I doubt anyone's getting Drouin now.

As far as guys like Eriksson and Loooosik costing too much, that is certainly a very real problem. That said, Dorion will want to "make a splash", and we could see a guy or two shipped away (i.e. ZBad/Hoffman/Ryan) in order to free up some salary money. Also, Wiercioch, Phillips, and maybe Chiasson are coming off the books. The only free agent we have to resign of any consequence is Ceci (and Hoffman if we go that route). So there's a bunch of variables here, but if Ottawa *wants* to make a play for a big name FA, there are relatively straight forward ways to come up with the cash.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm not sure that trading Ceci would have got us Drouin for certain... If that is the case, we should all be sick to our stomachs as Sens fans.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
can people stop saying Drouin's value has skyrocketed because of four playoff games? Are you serious?

And no I would not trade Ceci for him ever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think his value has risen - by a decent margin, but I laugh at the fools who are panicking now saying we should have traded White and the 1st when we had a chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum