You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Michallica wrote:hot damn Wideman suspension reduced to 10 games by arbitrator.  He's served 19 games out of 20 so far.

What a flawed system.

How dumb is that?

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So with expansion talk comes the possibility of the next expansion draft...this is the initial thought on how many guys a team can protect...crazy:
----
Each team has option of protecting 3d, 7F and I goalie or 8 skaters +1 goalie. Expansion determined before draft
----

So who would the Sens protect?  

Stone, Turris, Ryan, ZBad, Lazar, Pageau, Hoff (if here)?

D is maybe a little easier (?): Karlsson, Methot, Ceci

Goalie: Anderson

Looks about right. You can lose up to 2 players depending on how many new franchises there are.

More rules:
Daly says prospects plus first- and second-year NHL players will be exempt from a potential expansion draft.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft. So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
And yet more rules:

Other pertinent expansion draft detail: teams must expose enough players which total at least 25 percent of previous season's payroll

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong. Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes. So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Tim, D.E.D. (Doctor of Expansion Draft).

I don't think any expansion team would want Phaneuf. He was overpaid for what he is and will continue to be even more so. The only way Murray rationalized him being here is by moving Cowen/Michalek/Greening. Expansion teams won't have that rationalization. There are plenty of D-men who are more bang-for-the-buck.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well, he won't be in the draft anyway, which means Ceci or Methot will be.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong.  Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes.  So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

This part of it is stille up in the aire, according to Elliotte Friedman.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
And it'll be interesting to see if it's just NMC that are exempt or NTCs as well. MacArthur has a NTC, so suddenly he'd have to be one of our protected forwards.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Well, he won't be in the draft anyway, which means Ceci or Methot will be.  

If we lose Methot, so be it. Phaneuf moves up and we need a 2nd pairing leftie, Cowen will be looking for a job and now that the Leafs' doctors have done their magic he should be back to a top-five pick form, right?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:So with expansion talk comes the possibility of the next expansion draft...this is the initial thought on how many guys a team can protect...crazy:
----
Each team has option of protecting 3d, 7F and I goalie or 8 skaters +1 goalie. Expansion determined before draft
----

So who would the Sens protect?  

Stone, Turris, Ryan, ZBad, Lazar, Pageau, Hoff (if here)?

D is maybe a little easier (?): Karlsson, Methot, Ceci

Goalie: Anderson

I'm confused. In option one you can protect 11 players, but you can only protect 9 players in option two? Why would anyone select option two?

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong.  Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes.  So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

This part of it is stille up in the aire, according to Elliotte Friedman.

I thought once a NMC was waived, it was waived. I don't think the Sens need to honour that clause anymore.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong.  Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes.  So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

This part of it is stille up in the aire, according to Elliotte Friedman.

I thought once a NMC was waived, it was waived. I don't think the Sens need to honour that clause anymore.

Phaneuf didn't waive his NMC to come here. He had a modified-NMC which allowed him to be dealt to certain teams. We were on the "OK" list, so he never had to waive anything, meaning his NMC is still intact. If a player waives the NMC or NTC once, then it's gone for good.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
The whole NTC NMC might actually change according to the NHL. I doubt that it ends up being that we have to. Protect all our players that have NMC or NTC. For some teams it makes no sense.
Still lots to get ironed out between the NHL and NHLPA on this topic.

I'll tell you one thing, it's exciting! But I just don't see expansion being more than Vegas for now. Too much insecurity about the Canadian dollar will prevent them from voting in Quebec City. Vegas is a shoe in. And Maithili end up being a disaster (for players heading there.)

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:The whole NTC NMC might actually change according to the NHL. I doubt that it ends up being that we have to. Protect all our players that have NMC or NTC. For some teams it makes no sense.
Still lots to get ironed out between the NHL and NHLPA on this topic.

I'll tell you one thing, it's exciting! But I just don't see expansion being more than Vegas for now. Too much insecurity about the Canadian dollar will prevent them from voting in Quebec City. Vegas is a shoe in. And Maithili end up being a disaster (for players heading there.)

I think there was a recent memo stating that Quebec is not even being considered for expansion. Furthermore, Portland is already reportedly next in line after Vegas. IMO, Quebec has been set aside as a landing spot for a relocating team.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum