You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong.  Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes.  So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

This part of it is stille up in the aire, according to Elliotte Friedman.

I thought once a NMC was waived, it was waived. I don't think the Sens need to honour that clause anymore.

Phaneuf didn't waive his NMC to come here. He had a modified-NMC which allowed him to be dealt to certain teams. We were on the "OK" list, so he never had to waive anything, meaning his NMC is still intact. If a player waives the NMC or NTC once, then it's gone for good.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
The whole NTC NMC might actually change according to the NHL. I doubt that it ends up being that we have to. Protect all our players that have NMC or NTC. For some teams it makes no sense.
Still lots to get ironed out between the NHL and NHLPA on this topic.

I'll tell you one thing, it's exciting! But I just don't see expansion being more than Vegas for now. Too much insecurity about the Canadian dollar will prevent them from voting in Quebec City. Vegas is a shoe in. And Maithili end up being a disaster (for players heading there.)

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:The whole NTC NMC might actually change according to the NHL. I doubt that it ends up being that we have to. Protect all our players that have NMC or NTC. For some teams it makes no sense.
Still lots to get ironed out between the NHL and NHLPA on this topic.

I'll tell you one thing, it's exciting! But I just don't see expansion being more than Vegas for now. Too much insecurity about the Canadian dollar will prevent them from voting in Quebec City. Vegas is a shoe in. And Maithili end up being a disaster (for players heading there.)

I think there was a recent memo stating that Quebec is not even being considered for expansion. Furthermore, Portland is already reportedly next in line after Vegas. IMO, Quebec has been set aside as a landing spot for a relocating team.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
The whole Quebec thing is weird. The arena is built, and *now* Mulroney thinks they have cold feet? Maybe he's just "negotiating" with the league. The loonie has rebounded a bit and the NHL surely won't mind another guaranteed sell-out, even if it's 75 cents on the dollar (as opposed to full dollar value in Florida with greatly reduced ticket prices and only half the lower bowl filled).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:The whole Quebec thing is weird.  The arena is built, and *now* Mulroney thinks they have cold feet?  Maybe he's just "negotiating" with the league.  The loonie has rebounded a bit and the NHL surely won't mind another guaranteed sell-out, even if it's 75 cents on the dollar (as opposed to full dollar value in Florida with greatly reduced ticket prices and only half the lower bowl filled).
A team in Quebec wouldn't really generate much more revenue.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:More expansion draft wrinkles, and this is a big one:

Players with NMCs likely won't be eligible for the expansion draft.  So suddenly these clauses will work in the team's favour (unless they want to be rid of the player).

I interpreted this wrong.  Players with NMCs just have to been on your protected list...yikes.  So Phaneuf would have to be on ours.

This part of it is stille up in the aire, according to Elliotte Friedman.

I thought once a NMC was waived, it was waived. I don't think the Sens need to honour that clause anymore.

Phaneuf didn't waive his NMC to come here.  He had a modified-NMC which allowed him to be dealt to certain teams.  We were on the "OK" list, so he never had to waive anything, meaning his NMC is still intact.  If a player waives the NMC or NTC once, then it's gone for good.

Thanks for clarifying.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:The whole Quebec thing is weird.  The arena is built, and *now* Mulroney thinks they have cold feet?  Maybe he's just "negotiating" with the league.  The loonie has rebounded a bit and the NHL surely won't mind another guaranteed sell-out, even if it's 75 cents on the dollar (as opposed to full dollar value in Florida with greatly reduced ticket prices and only half the lower bowl filled).
A team in Quebec wouldn't really generate much more revenue.  

More than the Coyotes, Panthers (if they don't win the Cup), Devils, Hurricanes or maybe even Islanders.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Enjoy your suspension, Vandenvelde...or whatever your name is.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ben Scrivens and Lehner almost fought tonight. Scrivens said Lehner is "a bit of a pyscho" after the game.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Philly with a huge win over Chicago, and they are now in the final wildcard spot.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Ben Scrivens and Lehner almost fought tonight. Scrivens said Lehner is "a bit of a pyscho" after the game.

I think that's gonna cost him long term. We'll see... very few hothead goalies excel these days.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Philly with a huge win over Chicago, and they are now in the final wildcard spot.

Good. Screw Detroit.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Ben Scrivens and Lehner almost fought tonight. Scrivens said Lehner is "a bit of a pyscho" after the game.

I think that's gonna cost him long term.  We'll  see... very few hothead goalies excel these days.

Yeah, I would agree. He needs to learn to control The Lehner within.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Ben Scrivens and Lehner almost fought tonight. Scrivens said Lehner is "a bit of a pyscho" after the game.

There was a scrum in Lehner's crease. Normally goalies just skate away but we all know Lehner is not a normal goalie. So he grabs one of the Habs players and kinda pulls him by the scruff of his neck and out of the scrum. Pretty funny, actually. The Habs player reacts by grabbing Lehner's cage -- that's not cool. He definitely should not have done that. In football that's 15 yards.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/710290885343182849/pu/vid/1280x720/Hj17gbuqhx6H1LRf.mp4

So, not sure why Scrivens was all up in arms. Be Lehner standards this was an afternoon tea, so Scrivens coming out to the blue line and flapping his gums at him was no warranted. It was also very stupid. He's lucky this isn't 3-4 years ago or he'd be sipping his lunch through a straw for a while.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Ben Scrivens and Lehner almost fought tonight. Scrivens said Lehner is "a bit of a pyscho" after the game.

I think that's gonna cost him long term.  We'll  see... very few hothead goalies excel these days.

Yeah, I would agree.  He needs to learn to control The Lehner within.

He did.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The Pens absolutely pumped the Caps tonight. That'll be the East final, regardless of what round it takes place in.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:The Pens absolutely pumped the Caps tonight. That'll be the East final, regardless of what round it takes place in.

Often happens once you've clinched a playoff spot and virtually clinched the president's trophy. Hope they have some more letdown left in them for tomorrow night.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Kadri:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/kadri-i-got-jumped~832798

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum