You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25532781/will-the-predators-be-able-to-sign-top-prospect-jimmy-vesey

Hmm, doesn't sound great for the Preds.  This is what Vesey wrote last monthg:

Beyond hockey, staying for my senior year has given me the opportunity to graduate from Harvard. One of the things I'm most proud about is that I'm from Boston. I come from a long line of blue-collar Bostonians.… City people — that's who we are.

If he signs with the Preds the advantage is that he can play in the post-season right away, and he burns a year of his ELC.  But he managed to wait 4 years, what's another few months.  

It was all over this morning, apparently Bobby Mac broke it last night that Vesey's "people" informed Poile and the Preds that they were not intending to sign a contract and will be heading to free agency on August 15.  This, after the Preds pretty much promised him NHL games, including the post-season.

Poile is pretty upset.  Boston and Toronto are the likely destinations -- Boston is obvious; Toronto hired Vesey's father as a scout last summer and drafted his older brother int he 6th round.  I call shenanigans (or Shannahanigans, as TGOR called it).

What a punk kid lol.  Didn't even want to meet the GM face to face.  He's exercising his right I guess but if NCAA wants more NHL players drafted, they need to fix this stupid loophole.  Unless you're not qualified, you should never have an opportunity to be a UFA.  

Anyways he'll fail just like Justin Schultz and since he'll probably go to the leafs, Diddle him

This. The system is broken with regards to NCAA players.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Michallica wrote:
wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25532781/will-the-predators-be-able-to-sign-top-prospect-jimmy-vesey

Hmm, doesn't sound great for the Preds.  This is what Vesey wrote last monthg:

Beyond hockey, staying for my senior year has given me the opportunity to graduate from Harvard. One of the things I'm most proud about is that I'm from Boston. I come from a long line of blue-collar Bostonians.… City people — that's who we are.

If he signs with the Preds the advantage is that he can play in the post-season right away, and he burns a year of his ELC.  But he managed to wait 4 years, what's another few months.  

It was all over this morning, apparently Bobby Mac broke it last night that Vesey's "people" informed Poile and the Preds that they were not intending to sign a contract and will be heading to free agency on August 15.  This, after the Preds pretty much promised him NHL games, including the post-season.

Poile is pretty upset.  Boston and Toronto are the likely destinations -- Boston is obvious; Toronto hired Vesey's father as a scout last summer and drafted his older brother int he 6th round.  I call shenanigans (or Shannahanigans, as TGOR called it).

What a punk kid lol.  Didn't even want to meet the GM face to face.  He's exercising his right I guess but if NCAA wants more NHL players drafted, they need to fix this stupid loophole.  Unless you're not qualified, you should never have an opportunity to be a UFA.  

Anyways he'll fail just like Justin Schultz and since he'll probably go to the leafs, Diddle him

This. The system is broken with regards to NCAA players.
yup. i can't believe they haven't already fixed this issue. it's embarrassing and really doesn't help teams hold on to their best NCAA prospects.

let's get White signed ASAP

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:

Methinks he's gonna hear about that one. Yeesh. Ahhhhh!

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
So, someone fill me in if I'm missing anything. A bunch of internal NHL emails about concussions were leaked and are being posted on Twitter (and probably elsewhere) for everyone to see. There was one where Bobby Mac appeared to be asking Colin Campbell to give out a suspension to Corey Perry for a hit on Cheechoo.

Largely, they seem to indicate that the NHL was blasé about concussions, even dismissive.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
That's an amazing email to read!

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wonder what Bobby Mac is going to say about these emails. He's going to lose a lot of face with the players over this one particular email, and it must just be the tip of the iceberg. Colin Campbell referring to Doug Wilson as "Doug Whine Wilson" is amazing too. Like, that's a high-ranking NHL official showing bias against a GM. Yikes.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Haha, I missed that.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I wonder what Bobby Mac is going to say about these emails.  He's going to lose a lot of face with the players over this one particular email, and it must just be the tip of the iceberg.  Colin Campbell referring to Doug Wilson as "Doug Whine Wilson" is amazing too.  Like, that's a high-ranking NHL official showing bias against a GM.  Yikes.

Good thing MacKenzie is nearing retirement anyway.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I wonder what Bobby Mac is going to say about these emails.  He's going to lose a lot of face with the players over this one particular email, and it must just be the tip of the iceberg.  Colin Campbell referring to Doug Wilson as "Doug Whine Wilson" is amazing too.  Like, that's a high-ranking NHL official showing bias against a GM.  Yikes.

Good thing MacKenzie is nearing retirement anyway.

I can only imagine what will be discovered in the rest of the emails. Just goes to show, be careful what you send from ye ol' corporate email address.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
How many games for Kane, I wonder.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
And now Dreger is talking about how the media doesn't have any sway with NHL teams...interesting.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/dreger-days-of-media-sway-are-over-1.460902

If anyone sees any comments from Dreger or Bobby Mac or anyone else about the unsealed NHL emails, post it here!!

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
They were not leaked:


Brian Platt‏@btaplatt  

The Globe has a searchable archive of the unsealed emails from Gary Bettman and other NHL execs (Below article) http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/kelly-unsealed-emails-show-an-nhl-in-midst-of-an-existential-crisis/article29419071/ …

Or you can just do a search here:

https://www.documentcloud.org/public/search/

Just type in "nhl.com" as one of the search terms since all the NHL e-mails use that domain. Then add the name of someone like "Campbell" or "Bettman" or "MacKenzie". Have fun.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Dung is super-interesting:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778844-NHL0025053.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778979-NHL0024816.html


Mike Van Ryn was a "woos (wuss?) and is soft" according to Colin Campbell.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:Dung is super-interesting:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778844-NHL0025053.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778979-NHL0024816.html


Mike Van Ryn was a "woos (wuss?) and is soft" according to Colin Campbell.

Collie Campbell comes across as someone who would have been fired, long ago, from any place other than the NHL Old Boy Club.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Dung is super-interesting:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778844-NHL0025053.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778979-NHL0024816.html


Mike Van Ryn was a "woos (wuss?) and is soft" according to Colin Campbell.

Collie Campbell comes across as someone who would have been fired, long ago, from any place other than the NHL Old Boy Club.

I was just thinking that. He's an embarrassment.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Dung is super-interesting:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778844-NHL0025053.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778979-NHL0024816.html


Mike Van Ryn was a "woos (wuss?) and is soft" according to Colin Campbell.

I don't see that in the emails you posted. Was it from a different one?

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
More:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778983-NHL0028532.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778984-NHL0028554.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778985-NHL0029537.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778857-NHL0029591.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778858-NHL0029625.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778861-NHL0029673.html (featuring Brian Burke)

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778864-NHL0031023.html (Colin Campbell and Darren Dreger don't get along)

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778988-NHL0031195.html (Bobby Mac says "f|_|ck")

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2778990-NHL0031307.html (Bobby Mac doesn't think much of Cherry)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum