You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 Empty PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
ROUND 1:

Round 1 East:

Florida VS NYI
TB VS Detroit

Washington VS Flyers
Rangers VS Pittsburgh

Round 1 West:

Anaheim VS Nashville
LA VS San Jose

Chicago VS St.Louis
Dallas VS Minny




GO! Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Round 1 East:

Florida OVER NYI in 7 games
TB over Detroit in 6 games

Washington OVER Flyers in 6 games
Rangers OVER Pittsburgh in 7 games

Round 1 West:

Anaheim OVER Nashville in 6 games
LA over San Jose in 5 games

Chicago over St.Louis in 6 games
Dallas over Minny in 5 games

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
Capitals ALWAYS go 7 games....

Round 1....FIGHT!

FLA over NYI in 6
DET over TBAY in 7
WSH over Flyers in 7
PIT over NYR in 5

NSH over ANA in 6 (token round 1 upset)
LA over SJ in 7
STL over CHI in 7
DAL over MIN in 5

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
FLA over NYI 6
TBAY over DET 6
PHI over WSH 7
NYR over PIT 6

ANA over NSH 6
SJ over LA 6
CHI over STl 6
MIN over DAL 6

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Dallas take it in 6 over the Wild
Blackhawks in 7 over the Blues
Ducks take it in 7 over the Preds
Sharks take it in 7 over LA
Caps take it in 5 over the Flyers
The Pens take it in 6 over the rags
Panthers take it in 7 over the isles
Wings take it in 7 over the Bolts


A lot of tough calls on this
i could see the blues winning or LA winning or even the preds also.
good tough match ups.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Here are the winning picks:

Florida in 5
Tampa Bay in 7

Washington in 5
Pittsburgh in 7

Anaheim in 5
San Jose in 7

St.Louis in 7
Dallas in 6


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
Florida in 5
Detroit in 6
Washington in 6
Pittsburgh in 7

Anaheim in 5
San Jose in 7
StL in 6
Dallas in 4

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:FLA over NYI 6
TBAY over DET 6
PHI over WSH 7
NYR over PIT 6

ANA over NSH 6
SJ over LA 6
CHI over STl 6
MIN over DAL 6
Wow. Bold move. I hope for your sake that Parise isn't out too long

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
His bold move was Washington to lose. Madness if that happens, heads will roll (?), probably not...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
So what are the points? 2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Florida in 5
Detroit in 7
Washington in 5
Pittsburgh in 6

Anaheim in 5
LA in 7
Chicago in 6
Dallas in 7

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah, that sounds good. Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

13PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:15 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah,  that sounds good.   Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format. Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games. Each round these numbers doubled. So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.

Alternatively you could add a bonus point in each round for picking the most correct teams.

I think picking the winner should give you more points than picking the number of games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

14PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:24 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah,  that sounds good.   Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format.  Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games.  Each round these numbers doubled.  So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.  

Alternatively you could add a bonus point in each round for picking the most correct teams.

I think picking the winner should give you more points than picking the number of games.  

I'm on board. Make it so.

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 Picard10

15PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:So what are the points?  2 for picking the right team and a bonus for picking the series length as well?

Yeah,  that sounds good.   Maybe even 2 points for picking the exact length of series?

I was just going with the old Prager's Brackets format.  Got 2 points for the winner and if you picked that correctly, another 1 bonus point for the number of games.  Each round these numbers doubled.  So a max of 96 points over the four rounds, and then 4 points up front for ante-ing up (back when I ran the pool with $$ entry fee) that brought it to an even 100.  

Alternatively you could add a bonus point in each round for picking the most correct teams.

I think picking the winner should give you more points than picking the number of games.  

Sure, can you put in the OP.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum