You are not connected. Please login or register

» All things PLAYOFFS! » PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 17]

226PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:45 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Well, it is now impossible for me to win the pool, so I'll just start ignoring this topic.

227PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:50 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Poor San Jose, I remember 2007 when we got waxed. It hurts and it'll hurt for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

228PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:56 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Poor San Jose, I remember 2007 when we got waxed.  It hurts and it'll hurt for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

Y'know I think it's actually easier on the fans when it's not close. When we lost in 07, I was like "Alright, we can learn from this whuppin', make a couple tweaks, and come back stronger." Of course, that didn't quite happen, but that's besides the point. You were just outplayed by a better team.

If you lose a really close 6 or 7 game series, then you're left with the feeling that it was a coin toss that didn't go your way...and you're more prone to focus on a couple individual penalty calls/goals/whatever that will haunt you.

I mean fark, could you imagine watching your team in Game 7 OT of the Cup Finals? My heart would probably explode, and then if we lost....wow.

229PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:21 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Poor San Jose, I remember 2007 when we got waxed.  It hurts and it'll hurt for a long, long, long, long, long, long time.

Y'know I think it's actually easier on the fans when it's not close.  When we lost in 07, I was like "Alright, we can learn from this whuppin', make a couple tweaks, and come back stronger."  Of course, that didn't quite happen, but that's besides the point.  You were just outplayed by a better team.

If you lose a really close 6 or 7 game series, then you're left with the feeling that it was a coin toss that didn't go your way...and you're more prone to focus on a couple individual penalty calls/goals/whatever that will haunt you.

I mean fark, could you imagine watching your team in Game 7 OT of the Cup Finals?  My heart would probably explode, and then if we lost....wow.

You'll still be wondering about what was. We lost the cup finals in 5 but 4 of those games were down to the wire. 5th one was a blowout and phillips scored the gwg...

Sharks fans will probably feel the same pinch. They haven't had the lead but the games have been close. First game could have gone to OT as well. Anything goes then.

Imagine how rangers fans feel after losing to the kings and losing 3 OT games. Lost in 5.

230PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The games were close because of emery. Diddle we got destroyed. Boo hoo

231PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:24 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:The games were close because of emery.   Diddle we got destroyed.   Boo hoo

Only game 2 was close because of Emery. He stunk it up otherwise in the cup final, and his performance in game 5 was deplorable.

Previous season's team (with havlat, chara) with Hasek likely wins the cup.

232PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:

Y'know I think it's actually easier on the fans when it's not close.  When we lost in 07, I was like "Alright, we can learn from this whuppin', make a couple tweaks, and come back stronger."  Of course, that didn't quite happen, but that's besides the point.  You were just outplayed by a better team.

I mean fark, could you imagine watching your team in Game 7 OT of the Cup Finals?  My heart would probably explode, and then if we lost....wow.
I think that's a valid point. We totally thought we'd finally started seeing the light at the end of the tune but the core fell apart.
In retrospect we didn't have strong enough D or the depth in forwards to beat the western teams.

Making the finals and falling this short is gonna take a lot out of the players. I doubt they should be keeping the Marleaus and thortons of that team. But they probably will thinking they'll have another shot. Best they could do if you ask me I'd trade one or both and get younger real fast if they want to keep the window somewhat open.

233PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:The games were close because of emery.   Diddle we got destroyed.   Boo hoo

Game four was very close.

234PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I remember game 2 where emery was unreal and we couldn't score.

235PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:I remember game 2 where emery was unreal and we couldn't score.

And then he blew it late by trying to play the puck instead of just freezing it at the side. Right then and there I felt that a more experienced goalie would have decided to take his chances with a faceoff.

236PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Entertaining game. I tuned in because I thought it might be the final. Now I'm not sure...

237PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
Jones Being fantastic!

238PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
We might just see a game 7

239PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They had a close up of Kessel in the dying seconds. The caption could have been "It was 4-1". Who knows, maybe Phil will soon be part of a "It was 3-1" meme.

240PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154

Teams have trailed 1-3 in a best of 7 series 229 times, and 20 of them came back to win (8.7%). The only one to have done that in a Cup Final series is the 1942 Leafs.

241PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:56 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
That was a wildly entertaining game last night. Pittsburgh once again deserved the W, but Jones was incredible.

242PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I had the under 5 last night. Four goals in five minutes then lost a push with the empty netter... Wow

243PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=31154

Teams have trailed 1-3 in a best of 7 series 229 times, and 20 of them came back to win (8.7%).  The only one to have done that in a Cup Final series is the 1942 Leafs.
PLAYOFF POOL - PICK YOUR WINNERS FOR ROUND 1 - Page 16 Image10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum