NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Share

    Poll

    Who will be the next Sens coach?

    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    42% [42%] 
    [ 2 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    17% [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    24% [24%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

    Total Votes: 12

    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu May 05, 2016 9:46 pm

    Money talks. Keep in mind that the Euge has paid both of our previous coaches under $1M. Boudreau will be somewhere between 3 and 4. Also keep in mind that Cameron is still on the books.

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 05, 2016 10:56 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:His daughter has retweeted several boudreau to Ottawa tweets and appears quietly excited by the prospect

    She sure has!



    Soooo....Bouderau to Ottawa E4?

    Bruce Boudreau via Garrioch wrote:“My daughter lives here, my grand-daughter who I don’t get to see too often and she’s only (18 months) and actually all my family is back East. That’s always a really compelling thing,” Boudreau told Postmedia. “Ottawa itself is compelling itself because they’ve got the opportunity to be a pretty good team and they’ve got a lot of pretty good pieces in place.”
    http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/sens-bring-boudreau-to-town-for-interview

    I urge everyone to check that out + the video.

    Get. It. Done

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1953
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Fri May 06, 2016 8:00 am

    tim1_2 wrote:Money talks. Keep in mind that the Euge has paid both of our previous coaches under $1M. Boudreau will be somewhere between 3 and 4. Also keep in mind that Cameron is still on the books.

    Greening off the books. Pays for a coach.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Ev on Fri May 06, 2016 8:54 am

    Money isn't everything either. He's 61 years old.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13130
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri May 06, 2016 10:20 am

    Sure sounds like we have a shot to land Boudreau
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri May 06, 2016 10:31 am

    After hearing snippets of his interview on TGOR this morning I have canceled my vote and switched to Boudreau. Certainly sounded like a guy excited at the prospect of seeing more of his grand-daughter (and daughter). Now, let's just hope his son-in-law is not a Lefs fan.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri May 06, 2016 10:34 am

    Might have to cancel my vote again:

    https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2014/12/16/winning_leafs_find_believer_in_boudreau_arthur.html

    I watch every one of their games, because I’m a Toronto boy. I’m a Leafs fan, unless I’m playin’ em. I’d love them to win the East — I’m sure all my friends and my mum would, too.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri May 06, 2016 11:47 am

    Ugh, oh well no one's perfect. That's ugly though.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20866
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Ev on Fri May 06, 2016 12:00 pm

    really doesn't matter
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri May 06, 2016 12:09 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:Ugh, oh well no one's perfect.   That's ugly though.

    I always figured he'd want to stick it to the Leafs based on not really getting a shot when he was a player, and a productive one too. Anywho, like all good Senators, he will learn to hate the Leaves.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by wprager on Fri May 06, 2016 12:41 pm

    Of course it doesn't matter. They do call him "gabby" for a reason, probably never met a mic he didn't like. He and Melnyk would be gold for the media around here.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri May 06, 2016 1:33 pm

    Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Fri May 06, 2016 3:55 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

    http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-guesses-boudreau-inside-track-senators-job/

    Elliotte Friedman was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Friday morning.

    On the Ottawa Senators:

    “Bruce Boudreau interviews in Ottawa today, and if that goes well, he’s probably the guy.”

    On Eric Francis having told 590 Hartley was a shoo-in for that job:

    “I don’t know. I think if Bryan Murray was the general manager still, that might be the case. I’m not sure Pierre Dorion feels as strongly about Bob Hartley as Bryan Murray did.

    “My guess is that if the Boudreau thing goes well, and they can agree on a contract – that’s going to be the big one there – he has the inside track.

    “If it doesn’t go well, then I think Hartley enters the picture there.”
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri May 06, 2016 4:04 pm

    Michallica wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

    http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-guesses-boudreau-inside-track-senators-job/

    Elliotte Friedman was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Friday morning.

    On the Ottawa Senators:

    “Bruce Boudreau interviews in Ottawa today, and if that goes well, he’s probably the guy.”

    On Eric Francis having told 590 Hartley was a shoo-in for that job:

    “I don’t know. I think if Bryan Murray was the general manager still, that might be the case. I’m not sure Pierre Dorion feels as strongly about Bob Hartley as Bryan Murray did.

    “My guess is that if the Boudreau thing goes well, and they can agree on a contract – that’s going to be the big one there – he has the inside track.

    “If it doesn’t go well, then I think Hartley enters the picture there.”

    So...Eric Francis doesn't know his arse from his elbow?
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13130
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri May 06, 2016 5:03 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Michallica wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

    http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-guesses-boudreau-inside-track-senators-job/

    Elliotte Friedman was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Friday morning.

    On the Ottawa Senators:

    “Bruce Boudreau interviews in Ottawa today, and if that goes well, he’s probably the guy.”

    On Eric Francis having told 590 Hartley was a shoo-in for that job:

    “I don’t know. I think if Bryan Murray was the general manager still, that might be the case. I’m not sure Pierre Dorion feels as strongly about Bob Hartley as Bryan Murray did.

    “My guess is that if the Boudreau thing goes well, and they can agree on a contract – that’s going to be the big one there – he has the inside track.

    “If it doesn’t go well, then I think Hartley enters the picture there.”

    So...Eric Francis doesn't know his arse from his elbow?
    well according to gary lawless minny would be the prime destination for boudreau if they can yank him away from ottawa and in his regards ottawa's prime candidate (after boudreau) for the job is Guy Boucher Laughing3 Facepalm Gag

    oh gary...

    http://www.tsn.ca/talent/the-watercooler-all-quiet-on-the-expansion-front-1.485149
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri May 06, 2016 5:19 pm

    SensChirp ‎@SensChirp
    According to @mbrassard, Bruce Boudreau met with Dorion from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM today. A five and a half hour interview. #Sens

    Marc Brassard ‏@mbrassard 44m44 minutes ago
    Interview ended around 14 pm 30 Bruce Boudreau. I just talked to him at his hotel, did not want to talk about the interview. # Ledroit

    Marc Brassard ‏@mbrassard 43m43 minutes ago View translation
    Interview began at 9 am, so about 5 h 30 face to face with P. Dorion. Boudreau said he returns home tomorrow. # Ledroit
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Fri May 06, 2016 5:20 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Michallica wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

    http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/friedman-guesses-boudreau-inside-track-senators-job/

    Elliotte Friedman was on Toronto’s Sportsnet 590 on Friday morning.

    On the Ottawa Senators:

    “Bruce Boudreau interviews in Ottawa today, and if that goes well, he’s probably the guy.”

    On Eric Francis having told 590 Hartley was a shoo-in for that job:

    “I don’t know. I think if Bryan Murray was the general manager still, that might be the case. I’m not sure Pierre Dorion feels as strongly about Bob Hartley as Bryan Murray did.

    “My guess is that if the Boudreau thing goes well, and they can agree on a contract – that’s going to be the big one there – he has the inside track.

    “If it doesn’t go well, then I think Hartley enters the picture there.”

    So...Eric Francis doesn't know his arse from his elbow?
    well according to gary lawless minny would be the prime destination for boudreau if they can yank him away from ottawa and in his regards ottawa's prime candidate (after boudreau) for the job is Guy Boucher Laughing3 Facepalm Gag

    oh gary...

    http://www.tsn.ca/talent/the-watercooler-all-quiet-on-the-expansion-front-1.485149

    He's also the bunghole who said Ottawa would miss the playoffs for the next two seasons. So yeah screw him
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by PTFlea on Fri May 06, 2016 5:21 pm

    I wish they didn't let him leave Ottawa without a contract. We want him (I assume), he wants to be here (I assume), Melnyk should have flown in for this and signed off. This is more important than most things that can be done off-season.

    Sponsored content

    Re: NHL Coaching Carousel 2016

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 pm