You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Boucher done deal.  Crawford a done deal too.



Last edited by SpezDispensed on Tue May 10, 2016 11:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Year one on Tampa Bay - dynamite. Year two - average. Year 3 - fired.

Sounds about right for ottawa.

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
He is pretty fiery and temperamental.

He lost the room

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I'm very ok with this. Stamkps was a big fan of his as well

Hobiesens

avatar
Sophomore
Sophomore
SpezDispensed wrote:Link pending.

http://www.tsn.ca/senators-name-boucher-head-coach-1.485958

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Boucher.... Facepalm Puking2


We dont have The type Of team to buy into The type Of game he coachs. This is The stupidest hire. You have to hire a couch that Goes with The team you have. How The Diddle is that going to play with karlsson? He's not gonna play The trap. Bet you he came in at a really low salary and 2 year deal.

Diddle me.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
How is it the stupidest hire? You don't know anything about how he coaches or what works for us. It's ignorant to suggest we should know what will make a good coach anyway. We just had a coach who had no structure and it led is nowhere. Boucher provides structure and knows how to play defense while letting his top scorers score at will.

To say he doesn't fit our team is nonsense. Stamkps and St. Louis had 90 point years under Boucher. Stamkos won the Richard under Boucher

Boucher does not coach the trap. That was a meme from when he used his 1-3-1 for some games with Tqmpa. Boucher is all about puck possession which is what Karlsson excels at. Nobody should be worried about that. He should be putting up less points and focusing on d anyway

I'm really starting to wonder how you think about these things Flo. Just relax and let it play out. Boucher has had as much success as Boudreau at the end of the day



Last edited by Ev on Sun May 08, 2016 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Year one on Tampa Bay - dynamite.  Year two - average.  Year 3 - fired.  

Sounds about right for ottawa.

I'm not convinced that's on the coaches entirely. Let's hope Dorion gets this issue sorted out.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoags wrote:He is pretty fiery and temperamental.  

He lost the room

They also had a Dung team

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:How is it the stupidest hire? You don't know anything about how he coaches or what works for us. It's ignorant to suggest we should know what will make a good coach anyway. We just had a coach who had no structure and it led is nowhere. Boucher provides structure and knows how to play defense while letting his top scorers score at will.

To say he doesn't fit our team is nonsense. Stamkps and St. Louis had 90 point years under Boucher. Stamkos won the Richard under Boucher

Boucher does not coach the trap. That was a meme from when he used his 1-3-1 for some games with Tqmpa. Boucher is all about puck possession which is what Karlsson excels at. Nobody should be worried about that. He should be putting up less points and focusing on d anyway

I'm really starting to wonder how you think about these things Flo. Just relax and let it play out. Boucher has had as much success as Boudreau at the end of the day
You just watch what he'll be asking of the team. We're a team that is primarily built in offence and as much as we need to be more conscious of playing a better defensive system I believe he will tie up karlsson's game. Karlsson was never the problem. He might be asked to play too many minutes but his style is not what is the problem. You can say he's about possession but there are more than one way to get there. I don't at all believe that his style of playing will mesh with our guys. Unless he's done an overhaul of his coaching style while away from the league.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It'll be interesting to see if Boucher's mellowed a bit. He's a pretty smart chap. I'm OK with this.

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I like this hire. Boucher was seen as one of the brightest up and coming coaches and regarding his stint in TB Cooper has a way better team than he ever did for sure. They went to the ECF with an old Dwayne Roloson as their #1.

Every team plays the trap at some point but it's flat out wrong to say Boucher has his team sit back on the 1-3-1 all game.

Hard to say how it will play out but there's no reason to panic. If it was Carlyle or Hartley I'd panic.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:How is it the stupidest hire? You don't know anything about how he coaches or what works for us. It's ignorant to suggest we should know what will make a good coach anyway. We just had a coach who had no structure and it led is nowhere. Boucher provides structure and knows how to play defense while letting his top scorers score at will.

To say he doesn't fit our team is nonsense. Stamkps and St. Louis had 90 point years under Boucher. Stamkos won the Richard under Boucher

Boucher does not coach the trap. That was a meme from when he used his 1-3-1 for some games with Tqmpa. Boucher is all about puck possession which is what Karlsson excels at. Nobody should be worried about that. He should be putting up less points and focusing on d anyway

I'm really starting to wonder how you think about these things Flo. Just relax and let it play out. Boucher has had as much success as Boudreau at the end of the day
You just watch what he'll be asking of the team. We're a team that is primarily built in offence and as much as we need to be more conscious of playing a better defensive system I believe he will tie up karlsson's game. Karlsson was never the problem. He might be asked to play too many minutes but his style is not what is the problem. You can say he's about possession but there are more than one way to get there. I don't at all believe that his style of playing will mesh with our guys. Unless he's done an overhaul of his coaching style while away from the league.


Karlsson style is a bit of a problem. If he doesn't tune it up a bit, he won't win a cup being the top player and captain. You can't play like that all the time because then all the players try to emulate you. He needs to reign it in a bit. He's not a bad defender but he needs to be better for us to become a cup winner.

Boucher won't stifle his offense

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:How is it the stupidest hire? You don't know anything about how he coaches or what works for us. It's ignorant to suggest we should know what will make a good coach anyway. We just had a coach who had no structure and it led is nowhere. Boucher provides structure and knows how to play defense while letting his top scorers score at will.

To say he doesn't fit our team is nonsense. Stamkps and St. Louis had 90 point years under Boucher. Stamkos won the Richard under Boucher

Boucher does not coach the trap. That was a meme from when he used his 1-3-1 for some games with Tqmpa. Boucher is all about puck possession which is what Karlsson excels at. Nobody should be worried about that. He should be putting up less points and focusing on d anyway

I'm really starting to wonder how you think about these things Flo. Just relax and let it play out. Boucher has had as much success as Boudreau at the end of the day
You just watch what he'll be asking of the team. We're a team that is primarily built in offence and as much as we need to be more conscious of playing a better defensive system I believe he will tie up karlsson's game. Karlsson was never the problem. He might be asked to play too many minutes but his style is not what is the problem. You can say he's about possession but there are more than one way to get there. I don't at all believe that his style of playing will mesh with our guys. Unless he's done an overhaul of his coaching style while away from the league.


Karlsson style is a bit of a problem. If he doesn't tune it up a bit, he won't win a cup being the top player and captain. You can't play like that all the time because then all the players try to emulate you. He needs to reign it in a bit. He's not a bad defender but he needs to be better for us to become a cup winner.

Boucher won't stifle his offense
Players need to understand that they can't be karlsson. It's idiotic for anyone to try and play his style . That's why he needs a solid D partner. It's like having a D man and a forward on the ice. The thing is he has the speed to make it back to his own zone and defend. We've seen him make blunders on that but he's being played way too many minutes and it's costing him.
I think he's fine but needs to manage his time better. If anything I see forwards need to commit to back checking more. But I'm really not sure about Boucher. He had a good team in Tbay. Different than now and maybe the D wasn't as good but still. I'm not sure he'll work out here.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
He did not have a good team. It was pretty crappy. He has much more talent here

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum