Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 9:42 am

    Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens. Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach, but as assistant, that's fantastic.

    LeCaptain
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12030
    Registration date : 2008-12-01

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by LeCaptain on Mon May 09, 2016 10:17 am

    From a Mathieu Darche's perspective, who played under Boucher in the AHL (en francais):
    http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/senateurs/une-deuxieme-chance-pleinement-meritee-1.3340222

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1950
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Mon May 09, 2016 10:25 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens.  Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach,  but as assistant,  that's fantastic.

    I wasn't sold on Boucher. I wanted someone with more coaching experience at the NHL level but with Crawford coming in as an assistant I am feeling much more comfortable with the decision. Now we just need Groulx to come in as either the head coach of Bingo or Special Teams coach and I'd be happy.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 10:30 am

    wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

    Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
    Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

    Wow, this is very interesting. Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract? I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher. Poor Yeo never had a chance.

    This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen. Laugh1
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 10:32 am

    Read on Twitter that Crawford was Boucher's choice. Part of his 5 hour presentation to Dorion and the Sens.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 10:34 am

    Further to what @DarrenDreger reported, expect Marc Crawford to sign his deal within next few hours to become associate coach to Guy Boucher

    — Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) May 9, 2016
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16325
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 09, 2016 10:35 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

    Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
    Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

    Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

    This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

    It's a discussed and dead issue. Yeah, we offered Boudreau a contract, as he was the #1 choice. Obviously Dorion is going to say that Boucher was the #1 choice. What do you expect?
    avatar
    ddt
    Rookie
    Rookie

    Number of posts : 452
    Age : 49
    Location : Aylmer
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-09-05

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by ddt on Mon May 09, 2016 10:37 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

    Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
    Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

    Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

    This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

    Just read this in an article by Bruce Garrioch:

    While he admitted he had contract discussions with Bruce Boudreau’s camp Saturday before he signed with the Wild, Dorion told Boudreau’s camp before he signed with the Wild to take the offer because he was going to go with Boucher.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16325
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon May 09, 2016 10:39 am

    ddt wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

    Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
    Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

    Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

    This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

    Just read this in an article by Bruce Garrioch:

    While he admitted he had contract discussions with Bruce Boudreau’s camp Saturday before he signed with the Wild, Dorion told Boudreau’s camp before he signed with the Wild to take the offer because he was going to go with Boucher.

    Yeah, so that means "take the offer because I can't match it." This probably worked out for the best though. I'd take the duo of Boucher and Crawford over Boudreau any day.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 10:41 am

    tim1_2 wrote:
    ddt wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

    Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
    Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

    Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

    This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

    Just read this in an article by Bruce Garrioch:

    While he admitted he had contract discussions with Bruce Boudreau’s camp Saturday before he signed with the Wild, Dorion told Boudreau’s camp before he signed with the Wild to take the offer because he was going to go with Boucher.

    Yeah, so that means "take the offer because I can't match it."  This probably worked out for the best though.  I'd take the duo of Boucher and Crawford over Boudreau any day.

    The sense I got is he told Boudreau to sign elsewhere, they had their guy. He said that they got down to contract discussions on all the finalists, then backed off when they had decided on Boucher. Met with Boucher for 13 hours, 13...like, he must have been sure after the 800th minute that Boucher was his dude.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 am

    Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

    — Louis Jean (@LouisJean_TVA) May 9, 2016
    avatar
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1861
    Age : 49
    Location : Charleston
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by Oglethorpe on Mon May 09, 2016 10:59 am

    Michel Therrien must be smiling today.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13116
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens.  Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach,  but as assistant,  that's fantastic.

    I wasn't sold on Boucher. I wanted someone with more coaching experience at the NHL level but with Crawford coming in as an assistant I am feeling much more comfortable with the decision. Now we just need Groulx to come in as either the head coach of Bingo or Special Teams coach and I'd be happy.
    Yeah. This is how I feel. Crawford will bring some experience and might stabilize anything that might go wrong
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54417
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by PTFlea on Mon May 09, 2016 11:01 am

    Oglethorpe wrote:Michel Therrien must be smiling today.

    Probably, but I think Montreal fans would take anything to get rid of him, even a...gasp...anglo...
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon May 09, 2016 11:07 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

    — Louis Jean (@LouisJean_TVA) May 9, 2016

    Another gut punch to Habs fans? Delicious.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by wprager on Mon May 09, 2016 11:19 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Read on Twitter that Crawford was Boucher's choice.  Part of his 5 hour presentation to Dorion and the Sens.  

    Both coached in the Swiss league. Apparently most of the coaches there are Canadian and they are a tight group.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoags
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 9235
    Age : 40
    Location : Mississauga
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-10

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by Hoags on Mon May 09, 2016 11:21 am

    Habs could always poach Groulx from the AHL.

    If anything we are grooming them a HC once they realize how bad Therrien is

    Ev wrote:Diddle Boudreau. Our coaching is gonna be killer. We want guys who want to be here

    Appropriate since we have a team of coach killers. Sarcasm


    Last edited by Hoags on Mon May 09, 2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by wprager on Mon May 09, 2016 11:23 am

    SpezDispensed wrote:Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

    — Louis Jean (@LouisJean_TVA) May 9, 2016

    Someone was giving me a hard time suggesting the Sens would consider a francophone coach.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:30 am