You are not connected. Please login or register

Guy Boucher hired as Ottawa's head coach + Crawford signed as assistant

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens. Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach, but as assistant, that's fantastic.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star
From a Mathieu Darche's perspective, who played under Boucher in the AHL (en francais):
http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lnh/senateurs/une-deuxieme-chance-pleinement-meritee-1.3340222

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
SpezDispensed wrote:Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens.  Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach,  but as assistant,  that's fantastic.

I wasn't sold on Boucher. I wanted someone with more coaching experience at the NHL level but with Crawford coming in as an assistant I am feeling much more comfortable with the decision. Now we just need Groulx to come in as either the head coach of Bingo or Special Teams coach and I'd be happy.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes  40m40 minutes ago
Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

Wow, this is very interesting. Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract? I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher. Poor Yeo never had a chance.

This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen. Laugh1

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Read on Twitter that Crawford was Boucher's choice. Part of his 5 hour presentation to Dorion and the Sens.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Further to what @DarrenDreger reported, expect Marc Crawford to sign his deal within next few hours to become associate coach to Guy Boucher

— Pierre LeBrun (@Real_ESPNLeBrun) May 9, 2016

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
wprager wrote:This is kinda interesting, given the recent exchange between me an Flo:

Dorion says he's as confident in his decision to name Boucher as head coach as he was when he convinced Bryan Murray to draft Erik Karlsson.

Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

It's a discussed and dead issue. Yeah, we offered Boudreau a contract, as he was the #1 choice. Obviously Dorion is going to say that Boucher was the #1 choice. What do you expect?

ddt

Rookie
Rookie
SpezDispensed wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting.  Did Ottawa even offer Boudreau a contract?  I don't see why they would if Dorion was this set on Boucher.  Poor Yeo never had a chance.

This was also a reminder to everyone by Dorion, that it was him that made Karlsson to Ottawa happen.  Laugh1

Just read this in an article by Bruce Garrioch:

While he admitted he had contract discussions with Bruce Boudreau’s camp Saturday before he signed with the Wild, Dorion told Boudreau’s camp before he signed with the Wild to take the offer because he was going to go with Boucher.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
ddt wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

While he admitted he had contract discussions with Bruce Boudreau’s camp Saturday before he signed with the Wild, Dorion told Boudreau’s camp before he signed with the Wild to take the offer because he was going to go with Boucher.

Yeah, so that means "take the offer because I can't match it." This probably worked out for the best though. I'd take the duo of Boucher and Crawford over Boudreau any day.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
ddt wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:

Yeah, so that means "take the offer because I can't match it."  This probably worked out for the best though.  I'd take the duo of Boucher and Crawford over Boudreau any day.

The sense I got is he told Boudreau to sign elsewhere, they had their guy. He said that they got down to contract discussions on all the finalists, then backed off when they had decided on Boucher. Met with Boucher for 13 hours, 13...like, he must have been sure after the 800th minute that Boucher was his dude.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

— Louis Jean (@LouisJean_TVA) May 9, 2016

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran
Michel Therrien must be smiling today.

Flo The Action

All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Whoa, that's a potent coaching staff with Crawford on board if thar happens.  Again, I wasn't sold on a Crawford as head coach,  but as assistant,  that's fantastic.

I wasn't sold on Boucher. I wanted someone with more coaching experience at the NHL level but with Crawford coming in as an assistant I am feeling much more comfortable with the decision. Now we just need Groulx to come in as either the head coach of Bingo or Special Teams coach and I'd be happy.
Yeah. This is how I feel. Crawford will bring some experience and might stabilize anything that might go wrong

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Oglethorpe wrote:Michel Therrien must be smiling today.

Probably, but I think Montreal fans would take anything to get rid of him, even a...gasp...anglo...

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

Another gut punch to Habs fans? Delicious.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:Read on Twitter that Crawford was Boucher's choice.  Part of his 5 hour presentation to Dorion and the Sens.  

Both coached in the Swiss league. Apparently most of the coaches there are Canadian and they are a tight group.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star
Habs could always poach Groulx from the AHL.

If anything we are grooming them a HC once they realize how bad Therrien is

Ev wrote:Diddle Boudreau. Our coaching is gonna be killer. We want guys who want to be here

Appropriate since we have a team of coach killers. Sarcasm

Last edited by Hoags on Mon May 09, 2016 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:Told #Sens could hire another bilingual coach for farm team. Benoit Groulx did very well in interview according to sources. Likely the guy.

Someone was giving me a hard time suggesting the Sens would consider a francophone coach.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum