Off Season Rumours

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 19, 2016 12:33 pm

    Watching (a little anyway) Mark Scheifele and Stone play together...is amazing. I'd love to get Scheifele.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 19, 2016 12:47 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So. Rumors. Who thinks Ott goes after Eriksson?

    Would it make sense to trade Hoff + for a #1 center and sign Eriksson to a 5 year deal?

    Nah, unless you can get Duchene, which is a huge if.

    I'd love to see them sign Eriksson though.  I have my doubts, but I'd love it.  Perfect fit here.

    Yeah my hopes is we go after Eriksson also but because we never really go after any FA of importance in the last while I have to temper my expectations.
    Maybe when there's an arena downtown... Sarcasm

    We might need someone to replace MacArthur also. He might be another hit away from retirement.



    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 19, 2016 12:47 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:Watching (a little anyway) Mark Scheifele and Stone play together...is amazing.  I'd love to get Scheifele.
    Big fan of the pipe dreams you are eh? Sarcasm
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 19, 2016 12:51 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So. Rumors. Who thinks Ott goes after Eriksson?

    Would it make sense to trade Hoff + for a #1 center and sign Eriksson to a 5 year deal?

    Nah, unless you can get Duchene, which is a huge if.

    I'd love to see them sign Eriksson though.  I have my doubts, but I'd love it.  Perfect fit here.

    Yeah my hopes is we go after Eriksson also but because we never really go after any FA of importance in the last while I have to temper my expectations.
    Maybe when there's an arena downtown... Sarcasm

    We might need someone to replace MacArthur also. He might be another hit away from retirement.



    We just need another bit time forward, whether or not Mac comes back. The depth down the right side isn't good, and if there's an injury, it's quite poor.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 19, 2016 1:10 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So. Rumors. Who thinks Ott goes after Eriksson?

    Would it make sense to trade Hoff + for a #1 center and sign Eriksson to a 5 year deal?

    Nah, unless you can get Duchene, which is a huge if.

    I'd love to see them sign Eriksson though.  I have my doubts, but I'd love it.  Perfect fit here.

    Yeah my hopes is we go after Eriksson also but because we never really go after any FA of importance in the last while I have to temper my expectations.
    Maybe when there's an arena downtown... Sarcasm

    We might need someone to replace MacArthur also. He might be another hit away from retirement.



    We just need another bit time forward, whether or not Mac comes back.  The depth down the right side isn't good, and if there's an injury, it's quite poor.
    Yeah that's why I'm big on Eriksson. Plays both sides. Fits where we need him to fit. Unfortunately I keep hearing Vancouver as a landing spot.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 19, 2016 1:14 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:
    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So. Rumors. Who thinks Ott goes after Eriksson?

    Would it make sense to trade Hoff + for a #1 center and sign Eriksson to a 5 year deal?

    Nah, unless you can get Duchene, which is a huge if.

    I'd love to see them sign Eriksson though.  I have my doubts, but I'd love it.  Perfect fit here.

    Yeah my hopes is we go after Eriksson also but because we never really go after any FA of importance in the last while I have to temper my expectations.
    Maybe when there's an arena downtown... Sarcasm

    We might need someone to replace MacArthur also. He might be another hit away from retirement.



    We just need another bit time forward, whether or not Mac comes back.  The depth down the right side isn't good, and if there's an injury, it's quite poor.
    Yeah that's why I'm big on Eriksson. Plays both sides. Fits where we need him to fit. Unfortunately I keep hearing Vancouver as a landing spot.

    Really? Diddle, why would he want to do that? Come here!
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:03 pm

    SpezDispensed wrote:Watching (a little anyway) Mark Scheifele and Stone play together...is amazing.  I'd love to get Scheifele.

    Stone and O'Reilly with the assists on Scheifele's goal as Canada leads 1-0. 2nd period just under way.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:11 pm

    Looks like Stone with another assist on a PP goal by Dumba. Pretty sure it was an assist, not sure if primary or secondary (if puck was tipped in front then secondary and Dumba with assist instead of goal).



    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:13 pm

    Yep, Stone with the primary. Two more points. Averaging more than a point per game here, led all Canadian born right wingers in points during the regular season, led the league last two years in takeaways. At what point does it become a given that he's on the World Cup roster for Canada? It's a no-brainer for me.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:14 pm

    Meanwhile Brendan Gallagher with another penalty in this game. Pretty much exactly what I was predicting.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:25 pm

    3-0 now and Stone did *not* get a point. Feels weird. Marchand with the goal and Scheifele with another assist. Not sure why Scheifele was on with Marchand but it was a 4-on-4 situation.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 2:26 pm

    And as I was typing that Domi scored to make it 4-0. No one named 'Mark' got any points on that one, I don't think.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 19, 2016 2:32 pm

    wprager wrote:And as I was typing that Domi scored to make it  4-0.  No one named 'Mark' got any points on that one, I don't think.
    What's all this got to do with rumours? Have a snicker prags...
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54245
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by PTFlea on Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

    wprager wrote:
    SpezDispensed wrote:Watching (a little anyway) Mark Scheifele and Stone play together...is amazing.  I'd love to get Scheifele.

    Stone and O'Reilly with the assists on Scheifele's goal as Canada leads 1-0.  2nd period just under way.

    Imagine having those three guys on one team? Damn...
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47682
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by wprager on Thu May 19, 2016 3:16 pm

    Stone with a goal to make it 6-0.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Thu May 19, 2016 4:24 pm

    Everyone will be blowing their load on Stamkos in free agency. Hopefully sens are smart and while everyone is focused on stammer, we got and swoop in to grab Eriksson.

    Also Weircioch is likely out according to garrioch rumors.

    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12928
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu May 19, 2016 4:27 pm

    Michallica wrote:Everyone will be blowing their load on Stamkos in free agency.  Hopefully sens are smart and while everyone is focused on stammer, we got and swoop in to grab Eriksson.

    Also Weircioch is likely out according to garrioch rumors.  

    yeah the best they could of done is gone to arbitration to get 15% knocked off. not enough. someone will offer him a contract on the cheap for a year to prove himself.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24760
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu May 19, 2016 5:50 pm

    wprager wrote:Looks like Stone with another assist on a PP goal by Dumba.  Pretty sure it was an assist, not sure if primary or secondary (if puck was tipped in front then secondary and Dumba with assist instead of goal).


    http://www.gmhockey.com/t6375-world-hockey-championship-2016

    Sponsored content

    Re: Off Season Rumours

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:11 am