You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
My guess is this comes under boucher/Crawford recommendation when Dorion told them we needed to be able to call up some experienced depth for the bottom two lines instead of constantly rookies which in the past might have put us in a bad spot. Pretty good chance he sees a few game depending on where we stand.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's depth for sure, Bingo was f-ing disgustingly bad last year, so I think they want to make sure we're a lot better. Plus, a couple of our best players will be green rookies, like Perron. You want them to learn from a pro how to prepare etc.

Then you can call the guy up if you want to continue to season Paul in the AHL, but the first thing I thought of was Lazar. Could they be planning on starting him in the AHL? A buddy of mine thought so and said as much the other day and it wouldn't hurt.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:It's depth for sure, Bingo was f-ing disgustingly bad last year, so I think they want to make sure we're a lot better.  Plus, a couple of our best players will be green rookies, like Perron.  You want them to learn from a pro how to prepare etc.

Then you can call the guy up if you want to continue to season Paul in the AHL, but the first thing I thought of was Lazar.  Could they be planning on starting him in the AHL?  A buddy of mine thought so and said as much the other day and it wouldn't hurt.
I would agree with that move but Will It happen? I doubt it. He's been playing in the league for two years... Slap in the face. But if anyone can take that kind of slap it's lazar. They really mucked it up with him.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's depth for sure, Bingo was f-ing disgustingly bad last year, so I think they want to make sure we're a lot better.  Plus, a couple of our best players will be green rookies, like Perron.  You want them to learn from a pro how to prepare etc.

Then you can call the guy up if you want to continue to season Paul in the AHL, but the first thing I thought of was Lazar.  Could they be planning on starting him in the AHL?  A buddy of mine thought so and said as much the other day and it wouldn't hurt.
I would agree with that move but Will It happen? I doubt it. He's been playing in the league for two years... Slap in the face. But if anyone can take that kind of slap it's lazar. They really mucked it up with him.

They really screwed up with Lazar...

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's depth for sure, Bingo was f-ing disgustingly bad last year, so I think they want to make sure we're a lot better.  Plus, a couple of our best players will be green rookies, like Perron.  You want them to learn from a pro how to prepare etc.

Then you can call the guy up if you want to continue to season Paul in the AHL, but the first thing I thought of was Lazar.  Could they be planning on starting him in the AHL?  A buddy of mine thought so and said as much the other day and it wouldn't hurt.
I would agree with that move but Will It happen? I doubt it. He's been playing in the league for two years... Slap in the face. But if anyone can take that kind of slap it's lazar. They really mucked it up with him.

They really screwed up with Lazar...

You would have done the same because you thought he was "great." Yes they screwed up but the fact that he's not that good in the first place makes it worse.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:It's depth for sure, Bingo was f-ing disgustingly bad last year, so I think they want to make sure we're a lot better.  Plus, a couple of our best players will be green rookies, like Perron.  You want them to learn from a pro how to prepare etc.

Then you can call the guy up if you want to continue to season Paul in the AHL, but the first thing I thought of was Lazar.  Could they be planning on starting him in the AHL?  A buddy of mine thought so and said as much the other day and it wouldn't hurt.
I would agree with that move but Will It happen? I doubt it. He's been playing in the league for two years... Slap in the face. But if anyone can take that kind of slap it's lazar. They really mucked it up with him.

They really screwed up with Lazar...

You would have done the same because you thought he was "great." Yes they screwed up but the fact that he's not that good in the first place makes it worse.

I would have sent him to the AHL a long time ago.

Hoags

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
They've actually been rushing prospects the past few years(which is kind of uncharacteristic for the Sens).

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Hoags wrote:They've actually been rushing prospects the past few years(which is kind of uncharacteristic for the Sens).

It's an odd catch-22 though. They feel - and they're right - that the NHL is completely changing. You bring your high level prospects into the NHL quickly so they assimilate as quick as possible, whereas before you really took your time with them. Zibanejad and Lazar were the two they really rushed in, both because I think they thought they could develop quickly in the NHL, but it didn't help either player.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Hoags wrote:They've actually been rushing prospects the past few years(which is kind of uncharacteristic for the Sens).
Maybe that was BM sensing retirement also combined with the fact that we looked better than we were.

I feel Dorion is leaning towards maturing the prospects a little bit more. If lazar and Zib are any indication of a failure(well Zib seems to be coming around a corner but maybe he will never be as good as he could have been) than maybe they will start taking their time again.
Sure seems like they have no problem with white staying an extra year.

What's the rule with players coming out of college and going straight to UFA because refusal to sign? Do they have to have spent the full 4 years in college? How does that work?

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Retirement and, well, terminal cancer.

But I disagree that they rushed Zibanejad, certainly not to the extent they rushed Lazar. He had his 9 games and was sent back to Sweden. Started the following season in Bingo and only came up in late January. So that's 1-1/2 seasons in the "minors" after his draft year, and he was drafted a lot higher than Lazar, who went straight to the NHL.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:They've actually been rushing prospects the past few years(which is kind of uncharacteristic for the Sens).
Maybe that was BM sensing retirement also combined with the fact that we looked better than we were.

I feel Dorion is leaning towards maturing the prospects a little bit more. If lazar and Zib are any indication of a failure(well Zib seems to be coming around a corner but maybe he will never be as good as he could have been) than maybe they will start taking their time again.
Sure seems like they have no problem with white staying an extra year.

What's the rule with players coming out of college and going straight to UFA because refusal to sign? Do they have to have spent the full 4 years in college? How does that work?


I almost wouldn't be surprised if they started White in the AHL season after next. There's really no rush. If they can season him for half a year in the A, then bring him up, he'll be a huge asset when we start taking some serious runs (which should be about there).

Same with Chabot. I bet Dorion wants him to see 9 games this year, then back to junior, then start in the AHL as well.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:They've actually been rushing prospects the past few years(which is kind of uncharacteristic for the Sens).
Maybe that was BM sensing retirement also combined with the fact that we looked better than we were.

I feel Dorion is leaning towards maturing the prospects a little bit more. If lazar and Zib are any indication of a failure(well Zib seems to be coming around a corner but maybe he will never be as good as he could have been) than maybe they will start taking their time again.
Sure seems like they have no problem with white staying an extra year.

What's the rule with players coming out of college and going straight to UFA because refusal to sign? Do they have to have spent the full 4 years in college? How does that work?


I almost wouldn't be surprised if they started White in the AHL season after next.  There's really no rush.  If they can season him for half a year in the A, then bring him up, he'll be a huge asset when we start taking some serious runs (which should be about there).

Same with Chabot.  I bet Dorion wants him to see 9 games this year, then back to junior, then start in the AHL as well.

There's really no rush... But bring him up after HALF a season? Looks like there's some kind of rush to me.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Half a season in the AHL and a full season in the SEL. All that after potting the OT winner in the gold medal game against Russia.

Meanwhile Lazar potted the triple-OT winner in the Mem Cup semi, then straight to Ottawa, do not pass Bingo, but *do* collect $850K salary.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Half a season in the AHL and a full season in the SEL.  All that after potting the OT winner in the gold medal game against Russia.

Meanwhile Lazar potted the triple-OT winner in the Mem Cup semi, then straight to Ottawa, do not pass Bingo, but *do* collect $850K salary.

While Pageau had to wait in the AHL for an injury callup...

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Half a season in the AHL and a full season in the SEL.  All that after potting the OT winner in the gold medal game against Russia.

Meanwhile Lazar potted the triple-OT winner in the Mem Cup semi, then straight to Ottawa, do not pass Bingo, but *do* collect $850K salary.

While Pageau had to wait in the AHL for an injury callup...

Had to wait or not, I'm very happy with his development. I hope JGP keeps pressing forward, though that'll be difficult next season when he isn't getting top line minutes.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Lamar wasn't rushed. He was one of the most polished two way prospects in a long time

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:Lamar wasn't rushed. He was one of the most polished two way prospects in a long time


Good things are good.

(Now Ev will reply and say that, in fact, good things are bad.)

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:Lamar wasn't rushed. He was one of the most polished two way prospects in a long time

Except he can't score at all.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum