You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah I tried the other day but it seemed to be something else

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
690 on the AM dial, during the daytime, away from powerlines. Should not have any issues anywhere in Ottawa (I listen to it all the time in Kanata North which is about as far from Montreal as you can get in area code 613.

SensHulk


All-Star
All-Star
ppl still use the AM dial? Man podcast it up. Quality is much better than the raw radio feed.

TSN has podcasts for all their radio stations.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hoffman signs 4 year $5.1ish million

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Hoffman signs 4 year $5.1ish million

KABLAM!!!!

Interesting deal. 3.8 in year one then 3 @ 5.65

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Those are very close numbers to what I thought. I thought he'd try to get a 5th year though. Great job by Dorion. But... Where are you guys getting the confirmation? I don't see anything on Twitter or TSN

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Wait I see it now.

That's a really good deal for the team. Not too long when you regret it. Sweet sweet deal.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Pretty good. Close to what I called, ey, ey?

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Don't love Hoffman but like the deal. If he peaked last year then you're not overpaying by too much.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:Don't love Hoffman but like the deal. If he peaked last year then you're not overpaying by too much.

In this ridiculous Dekeyser @ 5 million X 6 years, 5.18 for a 27-29 goal scorer is underpaying.

I'm not the biggest Hoffman fan either, but I like the speed and sharp-shooting element he brings and I think he can get some of the finer details of the game from Crawford and Boucher. I like it.

I thought they might come in @ Nyqvist numbers, but w/e.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Don't love Hoffman but like the deal. If he peaked last year then you're not overpaying by too much.

In this ridiculous Dekeyser @ 5 million X 6 years, 5.18 for a 27-29 goal scorer is underpaying.

I'm not the biggest Hoffman fan either, but I like the speed and sharp-shooting element he brings and I think he can get some of the finer details of the game from Crawford and Boucher.  I like it.

I thought they might come in @ Nyqvist numbers, but w/e.

They are not underpaying him. He has had too little experience to be worth anything more than $4.5-$5 million

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Don't love Hoffman but like the deal. If he peaked last year then you're not overpaying by too much.

In this ridiculous Dekeyser @ 5 million X 6 years, 5.18 for a 27-29 goal scorer is underpaying.

I'm not the biggest Hoffman fan either, but I like the speed and sharp-shooting element he brings and I think he can get some of the finer details of the game from Crawford and Boucher.  I like it.

I thought they might come in @ Nyqvist numbers, but w/e.

They are not underpaying him. He has had too little experience to be worth anything more than $4.5-$5 million

Again...ridiculous league where Dekeyser now sits at a 5 million dollar defenceman. Think about that one...

He's score 27 and 29 goals and has speed to burn. I bet this deal looks pretty nice in year 2.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I wonder if there's any sort of NMC...I doubt there is. Anyway, I guess this contract is about where we figured Hoffman would wind up.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah you can easily trade him after next year if you want to.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I like this deal, I like Hoffman, he is what he is. We can't expect every player to be the best player in every facet. I think Boucher can push him to be even better.
Time to celebrate this deal and avoiding a whole lot of headache arbitration could of caused. Clapping Clapping TwoThumbsUp!

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Definitely. I think everyone's very pleased to move on from that one and now move into what could be a tougher one with Ceci after Dekeyser's Great Day.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Don't love Hoffman but like the deal. If he peaked last year then you're not overpaying by too much.

In this ridiculous Dekeyser @ 5 million X 6 years, 5.18 for a 27-29 goal scorer is underpaying.

I'm not the biggest Hoffman fan either, but I like the speed and sharp-shooting element he brings and I think he can get some of the finer details of the game from Crawford and Boucher.  I like it.

I thought they might come in @ Nyqvist numbers, but w/e.

They are not underpaying him. He has had too little experience to be worth anything more than $4.5-$5 million

But ... Dekeyser!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Definitely.  I think everyone's very pleased to move on from that one and now move into what could be a tougher one with Ceci after Dekeyser's Great Day.

Oh, crap, you're right. How much is mama's cooking worth to Cody, I wonder? Sens have $8.8M cap space left. If Ceci gets anywhere near $5M they will be just $4M under the cap. Last year only 13 teams in the league were under $5M in cap room. Toronto were almost exactly at $4M and were 10th highest (cap) in the league. Could be the Sens will be in the top-third or very close. What does that do to the "budget" talk?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 63 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum