You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Expansion Draft - 2017

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:32 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
It's coming....Who would you protect?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

7 forwards:
Ryan (NMC)
Turris
Stone
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar

3 Dmen:
Phaneuf (NMC)
Karlsson
Ceci

Goalie:
Anderson



Last edited by Michallica on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:42 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
It's a good thing that both QC and Vegas don't get a franchise at the same time. It could really do some damage on teams rosters if they had. I like that list but I'm unsure whether lazar makes that list. We'll have to see after this year.

3 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:46 pm

ddt

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
Michallica wrote:It's coming....Who would you protect?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

7 forwards:
Ryan (NMC)
Turris
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar

3 Dmen:
Phaneuf (NMC)
Karlsson
Ceci

Goalie:
Anderson

Only 6 names on your forward list. I can only assume you meant to put Stone's name on there...

4 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Michallica wrote:It's coming....Who would you protect?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

7 forwards:
Ryan (NMC)
Turris
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar

3 Dmen:
Phaneuf (NMC)
Karlsson
Ceci

Goalie:
Anderson

Exact same. MacArthur or Methot will be taken.

5 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:46 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:It's coming....Who would you protect?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

7 forwards:
Ryan (NMC)
Turris
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar

3 Dmen:
Phaneuf (NMC)
Karlsson
Ceci

Goalie:
Anderson

Exact same. MacArthur or Methot will be taken.

Exact same? You're leaving Stone off as well? Sarcasm

6 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:It's coming....Who would you protect?

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/expansion

7 forwards:
Ryan (NMC)
Turris
Zibanejad
Hoffman
Pageau
Lazar

3 Dmen:
Phaneuf (NMC)
Karlsson
Ceci

Goalie:
Anderson

Exact same. MacArthur or Methot will be taken.

Exact same? You're leaving Stone off as well? Sarcasm
I think they warming to the spezD hypothesis that stone should be traded. Absolute nonsense.


Sarcasm

7 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:25 pm

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
My mistake, definitely meant to put stone there.

8 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:49 pm

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This assumes Hoffman is still a Senator.

9 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:06 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:This assumes Hoffman is still a Senator.

It kind of assumes they'll all be Senators still. Right?

10 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This assumes Hoffman is still a Senator.

It kind of assumes they'll all be Senators still. Right?

Well said. I don't think we're anywhere near knowing what the full roster will be when the the time comes.

11 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:20 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
1st and 2nd year players are exempt. If a prospect had his 9 games this past season and gets into a few more games this coming season, does that make them a third-year player when the expansion draft rolls around? If so, that probably means those players won't get any games in the NHL this season. I think we're fine with Chabot and White, but what about a guy like O'Connor? He got into a game last season. If he gets into any games this year, does that mean he is not exempt?

Nick Paul is exempt right now, but if he plays this coming season, I think that means he is no-longer exempt. Which, I guess, is a good thing for Puempel and McCormick (assuming they keep Paul in Bingo all of next season).


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

12 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:40 am

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
wprager wrote:1st and 2nd year players are exempt.  If a prospect had his 9 games this past season and gets into a few more games this coming season, does that make them a third-year player when the expansion draft rolls around?  If so, that probably means those players won't get any games in the NHL this season.  I think we're fine with Chabot and White, but what about a guy like O'Connor?  He got into a game last season.  If he gets into any games this year, does that mean he is not exempt?

Nick Paul is exempt right now, but if he plays this coming season, I think that means he is no-longer exempt.  Which, I guess, is a good thing for Puempel and McCormick (assuming they keep Paul in Bingo all of next season).
You do realize that the AHL is a professional league and counts the same as an NHL season.

13 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:02 am

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Prager, you are off by one year. It is 3 years by the time of the expansion draft. Therefore, Lazar is not exempt but O'Connor, Paul, White, Chabot, etc. are exempt.

14 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:40 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:1st and 2nd year players are exempt.  If a prospect had his 9 games this past season and gets into a few more games this coming season, does that make them a third-year player when the expansion draft rolls around?  If so, that probably means those players won't get any games in the NHL this season.  I think we're fine with Chabot and White, but what about a guy like O'Connor?  He got into a game last season.  If he gets into any games this year, does that mean he is not exempt?

Nick Paul is exempt right now, but if he plays this coming season, I think that means he is no-longer exempt.  Which, I guess, is a good thing for Puempel and McCormick (assuming they keep Paul in Bingo all of next season).
You do realize that the AHL is a professional league and counts the same as an NHL season.  

I always assumed that NHL draft eligibility would depend on NHL years of service. Guess I was wrong.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

15 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:
wprager wrote:1st and 2nd year players are exempt.  If a prospect had his 9 games this past season and gets into a few more games this coming season, does that make them a third-year player when the expansion draft rolls around?  If so, that probably means those players won't get any games in the NHL this season.  I think we're fine with Chabot and White, but what about a guy like O'Connor?  He got into a game last season.  If he gets into any games this year, does that mean he is not exempt?

Nick Paul is exempt right now, but if he plays this coming season, I think that means he is no-longer exempt.  Which, I guess, is a good thing for Puempel and McCormick (assuming they keep Paul in Bingo all of next season).
You do realize that the AHL is a professional league and counts the same as an NHL season.  

I always assumed that NHL draft eligibility would depend on NHL years of service.  Guess I was wrong.
I thought so too. Isn't it?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum