You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL Expansion Draft - 2017

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:37 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?

Umm, that link I posted?

32 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?
Yeah seems to me like that's the problem. Unless they can send 7 guys to the AHL. And I imagine they will be carefully picking 7 guys that should be in the AHL.

After the expansion draft there will also be an entry draft, and they will select another 7 players there. Then there's free agents from the NCAA, Europe and undrafted CHL players. The object of the game will be to have up to 50 players under contract.

33 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 pm

spader


All-Star
All-Star
Are there AHL teams that aren't affiliated with NHL teams right now? Or do they need to expand that league as well?

34 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:09 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:Are there AHL teams that aren't affiliated with NHL teams right now? Or do they need to expand that league as well?

Some ahl teams had affiliations with multiple nhl teams before so that's what would likely happen

35 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:26 pm

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:
spader wrote:Are there AHL teams that aren't affiliated with NHL teams right now? Or do they need to expand that league as well?

Some ahl teams had affiliations with multiple nhl teams before so that's what would likely happen

Cool. It would be neat if a couple players got called up to separate teams, played against each other, then had to rejoin the same team again when they get sent back. Laugh1

36 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:46 pm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I don't see why they wouldn't just award an ahl team too, no?

37 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:37 am

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SpezDispensed wrote:I don't see why they wouldn't just award an ahl team too, no?
Likely what will happen if you ask me. Might take a season or two to make it happen though.

I hear Binghamton might be looking for a parent team? Sarcasm

38 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:53 am

ddt

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?

Umm, that link I posted?

...which says exactly this

With only one expansion team believed to be in play at this time, each existing NHL club could lose just one player maximum in a potential expansion draft.

Nothing in there about having to select one player from each team.

39 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:23 am

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?

Umm, that link I posted?

...which says exactly this

With only one expansion team believed to be in play at this time, each existing NHL club could lose just one player maximum in a potential expansion draft.

Nothing in there about having to select one player from each team.

In fact, it seems to imply that they may not lose a player. Qualifying words like "could" make me think that they also could not.

40 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:56 am

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?

Umm, that link I posted?

...which says exactly this

With only one expansion team believed to be in play at this time, each existing NHL club could lose just one player maximum in a potential expansion draft.

Nothing in there about having to select one player from each team.

In fact, it seems to imply that they may not lose a player. Qualifying words like "could" make me think that they also could not.

Indeed. Perhaps with the maximum being one, the minimum is zero? WP Rager?

41 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:20 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SpezDispensed wrote:I don't see why they wouldn't just award an ahl team too, no?

That's the most likely outcome.

Vegas had an ECHL team up until last season. Apparently they couldn't find a new arena to play in. That said, can a city of 2.2M support both an NHL team and an AHL team? #WWAS (what would Alfie say)?


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

42 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:23 am

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
ddt wrote:
wprager wrote:
spader wrote:I'm not certain that they are required to select one from each team. Anyone have confirmation on that?

Umm, that link I posted?

...which says exactly this

With only one expansion team believed to be in play at this time, each existing NHL club could lose just one player maximum in a potential expansion draft.

Nothing in there about having to select one player from each team.

In an earlier article (back in March I think) it said something about each team only losing a max of one player. The expansion team only needs to fill a roster of 21, and it will have the expansion draft, entry draft and free agents (including NCAA, Europe, CHL undrafted) to draw from. So I could see how they may restrict it to one player per team, max.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

43 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:09 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
One player per team, confirmed.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

44 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:10 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Bobby Mac has all your expansion draft info:

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

45 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:11 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Obviously it was one player per team. The only way to keep it fair

46 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:53 pm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Obviously it was one player per team. The only way to keep it fair

Well it was obvious to some of us but you scroll up and you see people asking if it had been confirmed.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

47 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Obviously it was one player per team. The only way to keep it fair

Well it was obvious to some of us but you scroll up and you see people asking if it had been confirmed.
the question was never about more than one player per team but more about the fact would be drafting from teams a total of 30 players. technically 7 of those players will wind up playing in the AHL somewhere. it changes what type of players you chose for those 7 spot. it could prove a surprise to some teams.

48 Re: NHL Expansion Draft - 2017 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:30 pm

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:Obviously it was one player per team. The only way to keep it fair

Well it was obvious to some of us but you scroll up and you see people asking if it had been confirmed.
the question was never about more than one player per team but more about the fact would be drafting from teams a total of 30 players. technically 7 of those players will wind up playing in the AHL somewhere. it changes what type of players you chose for those 7 spot. it could prove a surprise to some teams.

They will likely be traded. Most players who will get drafted won't be waiver exempt to go to the ahl.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum