Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13123
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Will the Sens make the playoffs in 2016/17

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Michallica wrote:
    spader wrote:I wonder if this is Zib's breakout year. What do y'all think?

It's make or break time for him.  Contract year, and with all the things he said about changing up his routine and coming in fitter and more prepared, I'd say yes this should result in a breakout year for him (at least 60 points).  If you see more of the same inconsistent play though, he has to be shipped out while he's got value.  
    So 60 points. Kind of like last year? Sarcasm

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:09 pm

I don't know what to expect from the start of the season with a new coach but I expect much better play by the end of the season. Hard to tell if we make the playoffs. Always depends on the injuries we face.
    As it stands I think we come out making the playoffs but another injury to turris and a top 6 winger and we could be out.

Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

It's make or break time for him.  Contract year, and with all the things he said about changing up his routine and coming in fitter and more prepared, I'd say yes this should result in a breakout year for him (at least 60 points).  If you see more of the same inconsistent play though, he has to be shipped out while he's got value.  

He had 51 points last year Smile
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47955
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:29 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Cap'n Clutch wrote:Vote.  I say they miss the playoffs again and are about where they were last year.

That's what I voted for!  Assuming that we don't make a significant trade/signing, we're only a key injury or two (e.g. Turris or Karlsson) from missing the playoffs.

They were tied for second with the Wings, with a game in hand, when Turris went down. Phull year of Phaneuf, a Happier Hoffman, a healthy C-Mac and Turris. Those, alone, would get us in. But the real change, I believe, will come from the way this team plays in different situations. That's one strong coaching team. I can't even fathom our PK and PP being any worse that they were last year -- honestly, after losing MacLean and then Reeds and, basically, not replacing either one with someone competent, is it any wonder they looked unprepared almost every game? Cameron was not just out of his water being a head coach at this level, but he was also simply overburdened with responsibilities. Small things fell through the cracks and it showed in the product on the ice.

That said, I didn't vote that they'd be a contender. They'll get in an win a round, may be two. They are still thin in a couple areas so are vulnerable to injuries.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:35 pm

Michallica wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Michallica wrote:

He had 51 points last year Smile

Damnit. Was thinking of Hoffman
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20865
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:12 pm

I threw down money on sens 40 to 1 to win cup
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54426
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:24 pm

I might put 100 as well, where did you bet?
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:46 pm

Bodog

If they won two rounds you're basically guaranteed to walk away with thousands
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:52 pm

How much did you bet?
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:56 pm

I'm legit scared of Florida on paper if they sign Yandle, maybe TB too, but otherwise we should be right there, barring another catastrophic injury to Turris/Mac. But that's the reason I've been banging on the drum for Dorion to add another top 6 player or ideally Eriksson who can bolster the lineup in the event of those injuries.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:16 pm

Ev wrote:Bodog

If you bet on them to win the cup you still get paid if they only win two rounds? scratch
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:45 pm

spader wrote:

If you bet on them to win the cup you still get paid if they only win two rounds? scratch

I mean at that point with four teams left you can strategically bet on the other teams to guarantee a big profit. If I put $250 on sens to win $10000 then I have a lot of room to hedge on the other teams.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:

I mean at that point with four teams left you can strategically bet on the other teams to guarantee a big profit. If I put $250 on sens to win $10000 then I have a lot of room to hedge on the other teams.

Not sure what you mean -- unless you can predict who the other three teams will be ahead of time. Or is that what you meant -- put money on the top three teams in the East and the Sens? I still have no idea how you are guaranteed to win "thousands" if the Sens win 2 rounds.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:59 pm

wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:

Not sure what you mean -- unless you can predict who the other three teams will be ahead of time.  Or is that what you meant -- put money on the top three teams in the East and the Sens?  I still have no idea how you are guaranteed to win "thousands" if the Sens win 2 rounds.

if the sens win two rounds there are only three other teams with a chance to win the cup. I'm talking about betting on those teams once they all make their conference finals. Like this year I had Pittsburgh to win the cup so I also bet on the other teams once the finals were set to ensure a profit. Depending on the odds of each, you can grantee yourself a nice Profit. Or just bet on the sens eastern conference opponent. If they win you win your bet, if they lose then your sens cup bet is still alive and strong with only one team left standing.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Ev wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    spader wrote:

Not sure what you mean -- unless you can predict who the other three teams will be ahead of time.  Or is that what you meant -- put money on the top three teams in the East and the Sens?  I still have no idea how you are guaranteed to win "thousands" if the Sens win 2 rounds.

if the sens win two rounds there are only three other teams with a chance to win the cup. I'm talking about betting on those teams once they all make their conference finals. Like this year I had Pittsburgh to win the cup so I also bet on the other teams once the finals were set to ensure a profit. Depending on the odds of each, you can grantee yourself a nice Profit. Or just bet on the sens eastern conference opponent. If they win you win your bet, if they lose then your sens cup bet is still alive and strong with only one team left standing.
    that actually kind of makes sense... if they do make the final 4.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 pm

You will lose money.

That actually makes sens as well.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:21 pm

I would not lose money. If I bet Sens $250 to win the Cup, and they make the East final, I'd put like $2,000 on their ECF opponent to win the series. If they lose, then I am down $2,250. Then I would bet whoever the Sens play in the Final. Let's say $3,000. If they lose, I profit $4,750 because of winning $10K on Sens. If Sens lose, I would be up around $550.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10065
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Ev wrote:I would not lose money. If I bet Sens $250 to win the Cup, and they make the East final, I'd put like $2,000 on their ECF opponent to win the series. If they lose, then I am down $2,250. Then I would bet whoever the Sens play in the Final. Let's say $3,000. If they lose, I profit $4,750 because of winning $10K on Sens. If Sens lose, I would be up around $550.

Between fancy cars and putting thousands down on sports betting, you sure have a lot of money to throw around. Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:17 am