Game of Thrones (TV) - spoilers up to end of Season Six.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47674
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Game of Thrones (TV) - spoilers up to end of Season Six.

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:16 pm

OK, you've been warned. If you have not seen the Season Six finale (this past Sunday) then don't read any further.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: Game of Thrones (TV) - spoilers up to end of Season Six.

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:33 pm

OK, that should be enough.

So we get confirmation that Jon Snow is Lyanna's (and Rhaegart's) son, so he has claim to the Iron Throne (being the grandson of the Mad King). Don't know if he has claim to Winterfell, but he is now King in the North by proclamation.

If his true heritage comes out then he's definitely competition to Littlefinger, who obviously already knows his true lineage. It is likely in his best interest to back him as King in the North because, like his "father" he likely has no aspirations for the Iron Throne. He also has no interest in that lineage being divulged, so whoever else might know about it (Howland Reed, possibly Meera, now Bran, the midwife/nurses) would be in his cross-hairs.

The look on Jaime's face was telling. He killed the King, once, for planning to do with Cercei just did. And his last son is dead as a direct consequence of her actions. I'm thinking he will be the one to make her "last-of-her-name". According to the books:
    Spoiler:
    Cercei, as a young girl, received this prophecy:
    Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.
    The "they" in the above quote refers to her three children (from an earlier prophesy) so basically this says all three will die and after she finishes grieving she herself will be strangled. The word "valonqar" means "little brother" in Valyrian. Of course that immediately makes you think of Tyrion, but it's also possible that Jaime was the second one out (they are twins).
    More details here

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:35 pm

You want Freys with that pie?
    Arya can now do the face thing and has shortened her list by taking out Walder and his sons.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:38 pm

Interesting theory out there is that The Mad King became mad because of Bran's excursions (kind of like he broke Hodor's mind). Interesting (but probably unnecessary).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Bump.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:43 pm

Just six weeks (plus a day) until S7 starts on July 16.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am

Apparently Season 7 is a shortened season? Is this the last season? How short is it? So many questions. I googled this. So, no, Season 7 is not the last season - there will be a season 8. And both are "shortened", so I guess not the normal 10 episodes? Apparently they had to up the "per-episode budget", so one way to do that was just to have fewer episodes overall.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 pm

S7 will have seven episodes, S8 will have six.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:30 pm

Just like Lost. Two shortened seasons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:12 am