What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Share

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:51 pm

    Still curious who we're looking at for the third line - if anyone.

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12918
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Flo The Action on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:31 pm

    PTFlea wrote:Still curious who we're looking at for the third line - if anyone.

    Whoever will come cheap to fit under the budget. I mean why else would we be taking so long to sign someone?

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:55 pm

    I guess because they don't really need a top flight guy necessarily, so they have offers out to whoever they like. Chirp mentioned Gagner, but I find that hard to believe.

    Maybe one year on Seidenberg, although that's very risky to bank on him doing anything.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12918
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:07 am

    PTFlea wrote:I guess because they don't really need a top flight guy necessarily, so they have offers out to whoever they like. Chirp mentioned Gagner, but I find that hard to believe.

    Maybe one year on Seidenberg, although that's very risky to bank on him doing anything.
    I wouldn't be happy if gagner is our target. There are much better candidates out there.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:50 am

    It's a shame we couldn't get in on the Brian Campbell action...$2M for one year? Yeah, we could've done much better. I guess he just wants a shot at the Cup though, so that rules us out.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:41 am

    tim1_2 wrote:It's a shame we couldn't get in on the Brian Campbell action...$2M for one year? Yeah, we could've done much better. I guess he just wants a shot at the Cup though, so that rules us out.

    Rumour is he turned down more money from Florida. Shame. The Soupy to Ottawa dream is over for good...

    DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1884
    Age : 87
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:50 am

    I think today is the day we make some sort of splash. And by splash I mean a little ripple.
    What is lost in all of this off-season discussion is what to do with Puempel. Him and Dzingel are RFA's. I'd imagine both will want one-way contracts. Is there even room for Puempel on this team anymore? Has his window closed?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:57 am

    There's no chance either get one way contracts. No room for either right now on the sens
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:29 am

    Yeah, no to 1 ways for either of those guys, although Puempel is waiver eligible, but no one will care.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:04 am

    DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think today is the day we make some sort of splash. And by splash I mean a little ripple.
    What is lost in all of this off-season discussion is what to do with Puempel. Him and Dzingel are RFA's. I'd imagine both will want one-way contracts. Is there even room for Puempel on this team anymore? Has his window closed?

    His window hasn't necessarily closed but he hasn't shown that he's a must add to your NHL roster either.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12918
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:19 pm

    PTFlea wrote:Yeah, no to 1 ways for either of those guys, although Puempel is waiver eligible, but no one will care.
    I don't know. Depends how Dorion sees it. puempel might be this season's Shane prince where he's on a two way but sticks with the club because they could potentionally lose him.
    Might end up being our extra forward.
    I hope he plans on having a big summer getting in shape and working on his game because it should really be the one that decides if he will ever play for the sens or even the NHL.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Ev on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:23 pm

    Puempel won't be claimed IMO.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:27 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Yeah, no to 1 ways for either of those guys, although Puempel is waiver eligible, but no one will care.
    I don't know. Depends how Dorion sees it. puempel might be this season's Shane prince where he's on a two way but sticks with the club because they could potentionally lose him.
    Might end up being our extra forward.
    I hope he plans on having a big summer getting in shape and working on his game because it should really be the one that decides if he will ever play for the sens or even the NHL.

    He needs to work hard. There was the 2 months he played where he was very solid for us, then he blocked the shot with his ankle and it's been a disaster for him. Too bad, I think we all had huge hopes for him after that run with Ottawa.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:22 pm

    Ev wrote:Puempel won't be claimed IMO.

    And if he does you shrug your shoulders and move on.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:36 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:Puempel won't be claimed IMO.

    And if he does you shrug your shoulders and move on.

    I WON'T EVEN SHRUG MY SHOULDERS. I JUST WON'T!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by PTFlea on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:Puempel won't be claimed IMO.

    And if he does you shrug your shoulders and move on.

    I WON'T EVEN SHRUG MY SHOULDERS. I JUST WON'T!

    ME NEITHER!
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24754
    Age : 45
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:42 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:Puempel won't be claimed IMO.

    And if he does you shrug your shoulders and move on.

    I WON'T EVEN SHRUG MY SHOULDERS. I JUST WON'T!

    ME NEITHER!

    You're right. He's really not worth the effort of a shrug but I wanted to be nice to The Puemper.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 12918
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:18 pm

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Ev wrote:Puempel won't be claimed IMO.

    And if he does you shrug your shoulders and move on.

    I WON'T EVEN SHRUG MY SHOULDERS. I JUST WON'T!

    ME NEITHER!

    You're right. He's really not worth the effort of a shrug but I wanted to be nice to The Puemper.
    I'd reserve the right to a shrug on how he fares in the NHL a few seasons on. Shrugs aren't cheap. #budget

    Sponsored content

    Re: What does Ottawa do July 1st?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am