Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

MarkStone
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2016-09-27

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by MarkStone on Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:06 pm

wprager wrote:You said that -120 means you bet 120 to win 100? Does that mean you win back your original 120 plus 100? Or did you mean you bet 100 and if you win you hey 120 back?

Yes you win 100 and get back your 120 bet

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:08 am

MarkStone wrote:
    wprager wrote:You said that -120 means you bet 120 to win 100?  Does that mean you win back your original 120 plus 100? Or did you mean you bet 100 and if you win you hey 120 back?

Yes you win 100 and get back your 120 bet

Looks about right, MarkStone.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12923
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:32 pm

so i guess claesson waived to bingo. i was hoping he'd be kept as one of 8Dmen. looks like that won't be the case for now.

doesn't that leave us with 7 including chabot?

also seems like ottawa seems scared to waive puemps. likely to be the next shane prince of this year.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Claesson is nothing special, they just want to get his name in the waivers now so he can be called up and sent down all year.

Puempel is nothing special either, but he scored a few goals in pre-season and Boucher probably wants a longer look.

If they claim Parenteau, they could aiver Puempel no problem.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:43 pm

Logan Brown destroying the CHL. 14 points in 6 games so far.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:56 pm

I'm frightened of putting Smith in the top 6. It makes sense, but we have no legit top 6 depth at all.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm

PTFlea wrote:I'm frightened of putting Smith in the top 6.  It makes sense, but we have no legit top 6 depth at all.

i know. i mean, we have some prospects and you hope a couple turn onto top 6 players but nothing to rely on right now which puts a big dent into our win now supposed mentality. i don't see us making the playoffs at this rate if we have to rely on smith all season. i also don't hold any hope of mac making it back without being taken out again.

too much right now revolves around youth taking the next step.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I'm frightened of putting Smith in the top 6.  It makes sense, but we have no legit top 6 depth at all.

i know. i mean, we have some prospects and you hope a couple turn onto top 6 players but nothing to rely on right now which puts a big dent into our win now supposed mentality. i don't see us making the playoffs at this rate if we have to rely on smith all season. i also don't hold any hope of mac making it back without being taken out again.

Yeah, I'm actually not even sure what youth can take the next step this season. Dzingel, but in an ideal world he starts on the third line RW and acclimatizes himself to that. Paul isn't ready and when he is, he's more suited to a third line or 4th line role, Perron might be the guy, I mean...who else is there? Varone? I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket until he's done something at this level. Pageau is the only other guy I can see coming in and making an impact in the top 6 - and even then, he has to change from C to LW.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:32 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I'm actually not even sure what youth can take the next step this season.  Dzingel, but in an ideal world he starts on the third line RW and acclimatizes himself to that.  Paul isn't ready and when he is, he's more suited to a third line or 4th line role, Perron might be the guy, I mean...who else is there?  Varone?  I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket until he's done something at this level.  Pageau is the only other guy I can see coming in and making an impact in the top 6 - and even then, he has to change from C to LW.

I guess to me if I have to put guys that could make it to the top 6 by the end of the season are guys like dzingel, Possibly paul and Puempel. You can add lazar to that mix as well I guess but it's well documented what has to happen with him for him to be in that conversation. That's not to say that they will this year or ever but I wouldn't discount them as able. None of them look like they could right now. Most of those guys I see as 3rd liner being better estimation of their capabilities.
    Which to me puts a dent in the win now plan.

The season hasn't even started and I'm already praying for a trade. I can't say I didn't see this coming though.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I'm actually not even sure what youth can take the next step this season.  Dzingel, but in an ideal world he starts on the third line RW and acclimatizes himself to that.  Paul isn't ready and when he is, he's more suited to a third line or 4th line role, Perron might be the guy, I mean...who else is there?  Varone?  I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket until he's done something at this level.  Pageau is the only other guy I can see coming in and making an impact in the top 6 - and even then, he has to change from C to LW.

I guess to me if I have to put guys that could make it to the top 6 by the end of the season are guys like dzingel, Possibly paul and  Puempel. You can add lazar to that mix as well I guess but it's well documented what has to happen with him for him to be in that conversation. That's not to say that they will this year or ever but I wouldn't discount them as able. None of them look like they could right now. Most of those guys I see as 3rd liner being better estimation of their capabilities.

The season hasn't even started and I'm already praying for a trade. I can't say I didn't see this coming though.

Maybe we can avoid a trade if Boucher says Parenteau would work. He's kind of slow, not sure if he fits into a Boucher style, but if he falls to us and he says 'go', that solves a major problem.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:04 pm

Throw Smitty in there. Bob's your uncle.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:49 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Throw Smitty in there. Bob's your uncle.

I guess...shows a real lack of depth though.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:59 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

I guess to me if I have to put guys that could make it to the top 6 by the end of the season are guys like dzingel, Possibly paul and  Puempel. You can add lazar to that mix as well I guess but it's well documented what has to happen with him for him to be in that conversation. That's not to say that they will this year or ever but I wouldn't discount them as able. None of them look like they could right now. Most of those guys I see as 3rd liner being better estimation of their capabilities.

Maybe we can avoid a trade if Boucher says Parenteau would work.  He's kind of slow, not sure if he fits into a Boucher style, but if he falls to us and he says 'go', that solves a major problem.

and so you think Boucher will say go?

yeah, i don't think so.

lets face it, we are definitely missing an impact LW.

i'm also waiting to hear and see how well the team buys into Boucher's system. its all good on paper but if anything this has been the problem in ottawa for years. so far the kids seem to have an ear for it but the vets... don't seem to respond that well. mind you we have a slightly different core, so lets give it a dozen games at least. my hope is if there is a stumbling block we make another trade and ship out another non-compliant player. the culture in the room has got to change.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 pm

I think Boucher knows and trusts Conacher. Look for him to get claimed by Ottawa.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:05 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Maybe we can avoid a trade if Boucher says Parenteau would work.  He's kind of slow, not sure if he fits into a Boucher style, but if he falls to us and he says 'go', that solves a major problem.

and so you think Boucher will say go?

yeah, i don't think so.

lets face it, we are definitely missing an impact LW.

i'm also waiting to hear and see how well the team buys into Boucher's system. its all good on paper but if anything this has been the problem in ottawa for years. so far the kids seem to have an ear for it but the vets... don't seem to respond that well. mind you we have a slightly different core, so lets give it a dozen games at least. my hope is if there is a stumbling block we make another trade and ship out another non-compliant player. the culture in the room has got to change.

I think the "veterans" will. They know you can't win playing Dung defence like we did. They'll listen to him, or they won't play. Who are the veterans on this team, anyway? Ryan? He's already a guy who gives effort and he'll continue to learn Boucher's system IMO, Turris is already good at the 2 way game, Stone is a wizard, Brassard is apparently quite adept, Hoffman needs to learn a lot, but Boucher will help in that regard. Karlsson's a HUGE piece of that puzzle. He needs to work on the little aspects of the game and I think/hope he will.

The days of 40+ shots a game must end - and soon!
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 pm

So I missed this earlier but apperently Dorion is taking time this weekend to look at possible trades or what comes up on the waiver wire.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/10/09/who-will-take-the-concussed-macarthurs-spot-on-senators

Obviously I don't see us getting an impactful LW via trade as most GMs rather see their teams play some games before making that kind of discussions but might be something a bit more interesting via the wire.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Do the sens take a stab at pulkkinen and piss off Detroit? That in itself could be delishious. He plays left and right.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So I missed this earlier but apperently Dorion is taking time this weekend to look at possible trades or what comes up on the waiver wire.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/10/09/who-will-take-the-concussed-macarthurs-spot-on-senators

Obviously I don't see us getting an impactful LW via trade as most GMs rather see their teams play some games before making that kind of discussions but might be something a bit more interesting via the wire.

I hate to beat this to death, but isn't Parenteau the perfect player to help out - at least in the short term?

- offense? Check. 20 goals last year.
    - possession player - check, his possession stats are strong
    - cheap? Check. 1.25 million dollars and his contract ends this year.

I dunno, I don't see a better fit personally. He might not make it to us, but if he does...problem solved IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:11 pm