General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12924
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:59 am

Interesting hire.

http://www.tsn.ca/mccrimmon-expected-to-join-las-vegas-staff-1.535614
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47671
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by wprager on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Interesting hire.

http://www.tsn.ca/mccrimmon-expected-to-join-las-vegas-staff-1.535614

He is the younger brother of Brad McCrimmond (who died in that Yaroslavl crash).

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by PTFlea on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Kane is such an Donkey, wow
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:59 pm

Tyson Barrie 4 years @ $5.5M AAV. Avs have under $1M cap space left with 14F, 8D, 2G.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Cowen Buyout Watch is back on. The Leafs have all their RFAs signed and will have a 48-hour buyout window opening on Monday. If they can prove he is no-longer "injured" they would have $2.85M cap space; otherwise they only have $56K (but then they could place Cowen on LTIR and will have have cap relief).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:10 pm

Interestingly, the Avs and Barrie did go through an arbitration hearing, and the ruling was due today or tomorrow. A 4 year deal means they reached it outside of arbitration. He was asking for $6M (1 year) and the club countered with $4/4.25M (2 years). I don't think he would have gotten $6M from arbitration (would be highest award in last decade -- and for a D-man to boot).

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:15 pm

I think Marincin and Barrie were the last ones left (arbitration) so that's it now. Only one player reached the arbitration hearing, but his deal got settled while awaiting the ruling.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:22 am

Sam Gagner, 1 yr, $650K with CBJ.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:24 am

Kris Russell still looking for around $4M per year.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/kris-russell-reportedly-asking-4-million-range/
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Wow, vermette waived to be bought out. Madness, I'd love him.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:33 pm

I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm

PTFlea wrote:I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
    I literally just came here to see if you'd heard already. I figured you'd be all over that. Vermette/Kelly/Neil would be quite the reunion line.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:12 pm

spader wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I'd just straight out claim him. 1 year left, 3.75, beauty.
    I literally just came here to see if you'd heard already. I figured you'd be all over that. Vermette/Kelly/Neil would be quite the reunion line.

The difference is that vermette still is a very good player while the other two are just ok

I don't think we have the cap, but if he clears (why would he), I think we should be all over it.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:41 pm

At $3.75M with the cap not going up much and a lot of teams either not looking or without the required cap space, there is a good chance he will clear. 38 points in each of the last two seasons, 34 years old. He won't have trouble finding a spot, but probably after he is bought out first.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

PK Subban was hosting a Just For Laughs gala tonight. In Montreal.

"Can someone get me a beer? A good beer, none of that Molson stuff."

Zing!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:35 am