General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24783
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:25 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Ev wrote:This ok subban worshipping is gag worthy. Like people really believe who he is in the public is what he is like in the room and on the ice? People are like wow how could you trade his guy he's so good with charities and his personality is amazing etc etc etc. Newsflwsh people, that's all PR. The real story will never be told

Totally agree. It was a bad trade though.

For Nashville.

Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:53 am

Well said as usual old friend.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:59 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Well said as usual old friend.

Cheers
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20939
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:38 pm

This place is quiet
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Ev wrote:This place is quiet
    This off season is quiet right now.

We didn't even get passed our top 6th prospect ranking.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48176
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:44 pm

So, what's ... umm ... happening up there?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54585

Post by PTFlea on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:02 am

There's not much to say in the off-season. This has always been the deadest time for hockey fans. No signings, no trades, just...waiting for training camp and watching movies or baseball or being outside or whatever.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:13 pm

PTFlea wrote:There's not much to say in the off-season. This has always been the deadest time for hockey fans. No signings, no trades, just...waiting for training camp and watching movies or baseball or being outside or whatever.

Sure looks like it, PTFlea.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13245
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

If ya'll are borde you can head over to the 6th sens and read the piece on what can we expect Cody Ceci contract. It's not bad.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Flo The Action wrote:If ya'll are borde you can head over to the 6th sens and read the piece on what can we expect Cody Ceci contract. It's not bad.

Yeah.
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13620

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:52 am

Very thorough analysis brah. After reading your thoughts I plan to head right over...

Never Smile

- Unknown Author
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16437
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 am

Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece? I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 am

So the team is willing to do a 2-year bridge at up-to $3M AAV, versus the ask of a 4 year deal at $4.25M AAV. The difference is $5.5M in the next 2 years. Maybe it's just me (and you know I'm a Ceci fan) but I'm not sure that $5.5M is what he would be worth in 2 years' time (that's dangerously close to a top-pairing D-man which Ceci is not, even if he played the left side). So I would definitely go for a 2-year bridge. But even then I'd push for $2.5M AAV (and no more than $3M in the second year, to keep the QO low).

Ceci has no arbitration rights and I don't think he will grow into a top-pairing in the next two years, so this is the time to low-ball him.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:32 am

Nick Spaling signs with Genve-Servette of the Swiss National League. I thought some here thought he was "good"?

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:50 am

wprager wrote:Nick Spaling signs with Genve-Servette of the Swiss National League. I thought some here thought he was "good"?

Nice add for Genevive-Serviette.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Huge if true!

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:22 pm

Pre-season schedule:
    https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-preseason-schedule-highlighted-by-arena-debuts/c-281307708

* Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Sept. 26

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:33 pm

More stuff surfaces about Kane. A woman is suing him for assault from an encounter back in December.

http://soco.space/RP8hBQ

Tim Murray is a man of few words but he had quite a bit to say:

Hes going to have to behave himself a lot better than he has obviously. Whether he has done these things or not, or he is guilty of these things or not, its not something I like getting up in the morning and reading about, thats for sure. Certainly, we dont like the fact that this is twice now that hes been in incidents like this. Its not good for the organization. Its not good for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 pm