You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Huge if true!

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
Pre-season schedule:
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-preseason-schedule-highlighted-by-arena-debuts/c-281307708

* Ottawa Senators vs. Toronto Maple Leafs at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Sept. 26

wprager


Administrator
Administrator
More stuff surfaces about Kane. A woman is suing him for assault from an encounter back in December.

http://soco.space/RP8hBQ

Tim Murray is a man of few words but he had quite a bit to say:

Heís going to have to behave himself a lot better than he has obviously. Whether he has done these things or not, or he is guilty of these things or not, itís not something I like getting up in the morning and reading about, thatís for sure. Ö Certainly, we donít like the fact that this is twice now that heís been in incidents like this. Itís not good for the organization. Itís not good for him.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece? †I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.


It wasn't a bad article. He compared him to dmen from the same draft like Trouba, Maatta, and Lindholm. Ceci didn't stack up all that well points-wise or in terms of possession. He's not too far behind them, but he's behind all of them. The only thing he has over those players is games played. His ppg is the lowest of the 8 players considered (Lindholm, Rielly, Trouba, Maatta, Ceci, Murray, Dumba, Severson).†


Based on his numbers it appears he was rushed into the league, and playing a lot of games has potentially influenced his contract demands. There is something to be said for expecting to get paid like a $4M defensemen if you are asked to play, and have played, the type of role associated with this level of pay. But at the end of the day Cody Ceci is not a $4M defenseman.




Based on raw point output it appears that Ceci should command a shade over $3M †per season on a bridge deal or an AAV just under $4M on a long term deal.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Can someone sum up that 6th Sens piece? †I'm too lazy to read more than a few words at a time.


It wasn't a bad article. He compared him to dmen from the same draft like Trouba, Maatta, and Lindholm. Ceci didn't stack up all that well points-wise or in terms of possession. He's not too far behind them, but he's behind all of them. The only thing he has over those players is games played. His ppg is the lowest of the 8 players considered (Lindholm, Rielly, Trouba, Maatta, Ceci, Murray, Dumba, Severson).†


Based on his numbers it appears he was rushed into the league, and playing a lot of games has potentially influenced his contract demands. There is something to be said for expecting to get paid like a $4M defensemen if you are asked to play, and have played, the type of role associated with this level of pay. But at the end of the day Cody Ceci is not a $4M defenseman.




Based on raw point output it appears that Ceci should command a shade over $3M †per season on a bridge deal or an AAV just under $4M on a long term deal.

Thank you! †Makes sense.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

First of all it's not from the 6th Sens, it's from some "criminally under-followed" independent blogger. Second, I thought the numbers were reported rumours and not numbers the blogger/poster came up with on his own.

Personally I think the difference would be more like $5M over 2 years versus $17M over 4.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I don't get how the gap between bridge and long-term is less than a million bucks. Another fail from 6th Sens.

First of all it's not from the 6th Sens, it's from some "criminally under-followed" independent blogger. †Second, I thought the numbers were reported rumours and not numbers the blogger/poster came up with on his own.

Personally I think the difference would be more like $5M over 2 years versus $17M over 4.

You and 6th Sens should get a room.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I don't know Mr. Sens well enough.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I don't know Mr. Sens well enough. †

That was a little harsh. I must say your vigorous defense of 6th Sens was disappointing, though.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't know Mr. Sens well enough. †

That was a little harsh. I must say your vigorous defense of 6th Sens was disappointing, though.

+ 1

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
So Patrick roy resigns from the avalanches. That's lovely! Guess they wouldn't let him meddle in all aspect of the team after all.
Oh man, if Montreal could fire therrien mid-way through the season and bring in Roy that would be awesome! The circus in bright lights!!

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:So Patrick roy resigns from the avalanches. That's lovely! Guess they wouldn't let him meddle in all aspect of the team after all.
Oh man, if Montreal could fire therrien mid-way through the season and bring in Roy that would be awesome! The circus in bright lights!!

Too late for what would have been the ultimate circus, unfortunately: Patty vs. PK.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I'm assuming if Montreal starts any worse that 12-8 Therrien will be gone.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
I must say though I do like what Montreal did in the off-season. Added a lot of grit and toughness. I've always thought Subban to be overrated and Weber is a tough guy to play against. Shaw will also make them a lot tougher to play against as well. I expect them to win/lose a lot of one goal games. Won't be very exciting hockey that's for sure.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I must say though I do like what Montreal did in the off-season. Added a lot of grit and toughness. I've always thought Subban to be overrated and Weber is a tough guy to play against. Shaw will also make them a lot tougher to play against as well. I expect them to win/lose a lot of one goal games. Won't be very exciting hockey that's for sure.
I still think they have week offence and unless radulov is into redemption they will be struggling. If price is healthy they might just win games like 2-1.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I'm visiting my sister in law in New Hampshire and today we went to a beach in Maine where my brother in law has a couple of cottages. He's currently renting one of them to the Habs' AGM. Played golf with him today (not me, mt brother in law). If only I'd learned about St. Patrick's resignation before I left!

I couldn't get any dirt (apparently with the Olympics on there's nothing going on anywhere else). But I was talking to my brother in law, saying how they traded Subban for Weber because Weber is better at clearing the crease (and protecting their bread-and-butter). Apparently the Habs' AGM said that Karlsson defends the crease better than Subban.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting read:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/roys-desire-total-control-recipe-failure/

I really don't understand why they keep saying he is next in line for Therrien's job. He hasn't proven himself to be a good coach yet (one great year riding a hot goalie). But I could see him as the GM or head of hockey ops or something like that.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum