Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Share

    Poll

    Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    [ 10 ]
    67% [67%] 
    [ 2 ]
    13% [13%] 
    [ 3 ]
    20% [20%] 

    Total Votes: 15

    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:21 am

    spader wrote:Now that we're down to 5 "Latest Topics," how would one find the 6th, if one was so inclined?

    First one would gather as many walnuts as they could.

    Second one would cram them.

    Naughty

    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:37 pm

    Go back to the top 10 topics Dammit!

    White space is gone but still is that where the ads are supposed to be?

    Great work on revamping the site!

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by wprager on Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 am

    I disabled ad block and the white space is still white (well, grey). I don't see *any* ads in when in an actual thread. Only on the home page (and I don't mean the "Home" button at the top, which brings you to /forums, but the gmhockey.com topmost level home page, or where you get to if you click the GMHockey button next to Home).
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by tim1_2 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am

    I just got back from a couple weeks of vacation and am greeted by this madness! Vertigo

    The formatting is a bet messed up here at work, but that's because of our weird work firewalls and PCs. I'll hold off voting in the poll until I access the site from home, but it seems OK!
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 am

    Anyone else miss the home button at the bottom left corner of the page ? Made it so much easier using a tablet to get back to the home page.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by wprager on Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 am

    I forget which browser it was, probably Firefox, but I used to have a plugin for a back-to-home button. It didn't work very well and I eventually disabled it, but I wonder if there are other similar plugins with a better implementation. This wasn't even a phone, I was on my tablet and found the scrolling back to the top very painful.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:15 pm

    wprager wrote:I forget which browser it was, probably Firefox, but I used to have a plugin for a back-to-home button.  It didn't work very well and I eventually disabled it, but I wonder if there are other similar plugins with a better implementation.  This wasn't even a phone, I was on my tablet and found the scrolling back to the top very painful.
    We like to complain don't we? Scrolling up is painful Laugh1
    But yes that's basically my complaint. That bottom home button made it so easy to get back to the other topics.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by wprager on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:00 pm

    Liking to complain had nothing to do with it. With the change to 50 posts per page I used the Home keyboard button on my laptop all the time. No such button with a tablet. Maybe there's an app to add some gestures or something like that. Back when I had the tablet I remember really missing a keyboard. But if you pair it with a bluetooth keyboard the HOME key works fine, so it should be doable one way or another.

    EDIT: Take a look at this: https://www.maketecheasier.com/quickly-scroll-top-bottom-android/
    It looks like it's not a specific browser plugin (like I used to have) but an Android add-in. Might work better.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:15 pm

    wprager wrote:Liking to complain had nothing to do with it.  With the change to 50 posts per page I used the Home keyboard button on my laptop all the time.  No such button with a tablet.  Maybe there's an app to add some gestures or something like that.  Back when I had the tablet I remember really missing a keyboard.  But if you pair it with a bluetooth keyboard the HOME key works fine, so it should be doable one way or another.  

    EDIT:  Take a look at this: https://www.maketecheasier.com/quickly-scroll-top-bottom-android/
    It looks like it's not a specific browser plugin (like I used to have) but an Android add-in.  Might work better.
    I have an iPad... Card carrying Cult member
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:44 pm

    Here's a suggestion: I like going through the forums from top to bottom, but it'd be nice not having to scroll all the way back up to click on some of the other threads. Is there a way to have the same links (or subset) for the threads at the very bottom of the page? Can be laid out horizontally above the quick reply or just have the option in the drop down.

    Also, not a fan of the blue water theme that's going on. Or is that supposed to be ice? either way, let's change it to something else Smile
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Flo The Action on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:56 pm

    Hoff-Machine wrote:Here's a suggestion: I like going through the forums from top to bottom, but it'd be nice not having to scroll all the way back up to click on some of the other threads.  Is there a way to have the same links (or subset) for the threads at the very bottom of the page?  Can be laid out horizontally above the quick reply or just have the option in the drop down.  

    Also, not a fan of the blue water theme that's going on. Or is that supposed to be ice?  either way, let's change it to something else Smile
    Great idea! Make it ice! Hockey ice!
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm

    Yeah I'm all for changing the current background.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:45 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:Anyone else miss the home button at the bottom left corner of the page ? Made it so much easier using a tablet to get back to the home page.

    You mean the button now called "Top" with an up arrow?


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:46 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Hoff-Machine wrote:Here's a suggestion: I like going through the forums from top to bottom, but it'd be nice not having to scroll all the way back up to click on some of the other threads.  Is there a way to have the same links (or subset) for the threads at the very bottom of the page?  Can be laid out horizontally above the quick reply or just have the option in the drop down.  

    Also, not a fan of the blue water theme that's going on. Or is that supposed to be ice?  either way, let's change it to something else Smile
    Great idea! Make it ice! Hockey ice!

    I'll work on it. Thanks for the suggestion


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:51 pm

    Better?


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by wprager on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:58 pm

    Cab you add a "Bottom" button to the top now? Smile


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:33 am

    I added a menu bar at the top of the home page that allows you to see notifications, in real time, of threads you are following.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by wprager on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:49 am

    I don't follow threads. Floods my inbox every time there is a post.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: Yay or Nay on new look GMHockey.com?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 am