You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained.  Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Kid might be a filthy beast soon!

Yeah he's really putting up ridiculous numbers... on the power play. Mediocre 5v5 player like Statspadzza, though.

Career potential: Mariusz Czerkawski

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained.  Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Kid might be a filthy beast soon!

Yeah he's really putting up ridiculous numbers... on the power play. Mediocre 5v5 player like Statspadzza, though.

Career potential: Mariusz Czerkawski
Oh oh! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:A couple of people who watch Windsor are saying Brown has taken to using his size a lot more and he just can't be contained.  Another guy was saying Brown doesn't really want to use weights until he's fully grown, which should be very interesting when he starts.

Kid might be a filthy beast soon!

Yeah he's really putting up ridiculous numbers... on the power play. Mediocre 5v5 player like Statspadzza, though.

Career potential: Mariusz Czerkawski
Oh oh!  Ahhhhh!

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
The guy said he's competing well 5 on 5 and creating a lot of chances. This prospect appears legit. Maybe even 2 legit 2 quit! MJ

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.
i have to admit with PTFlea, I don't think we'll be sad to have white instead of Lehner. But yes, maybe the right move would have been to move Anderson when his value was at an all time high. We'd be set for years had we relied on bishop and Hammond. But would Hammond have ever emerged?

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.
i have to admit with PTFlea, I don't think we'll be sad to have white instead of Lehner. But yes, maybe the right move would have been to move Anderson when his value was at an all time high. We'd be set for years had we relied on bishop and Hammond. But would Hammond have ever emerged?

Yeah, because Bishop breaks himself once a year - at inopportune times too.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:The guy said he's competing well 5 on 5 and creating a lot of chances.  This prospect appears legit.  Maybe even 2 legit 2 quit! MJ

Must be a delusional Sens fan in that case.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The guy said he's competing well 5 on 5 and creating a lot of chances.  This prospect appears legit.  Maybe even 2 legit 2 quit! MJ

Must be a delusional Sens fan in that case.

Toronto fan, I believe. So yeah, still delusional.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.
i have to admit with PTFlea, I don't think we'll be sad to have white instead of Lehner. But yes, maybe the right move would have been to move Anderson when his value was at an all time high. We'd be set for years had we relied on bishop and Hammond. But would Hammond have ever emerged?

Yeah, because Bishop breaks himself once a year - at inopportune times too.
So does Anderson. That's why we have Hammond.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hogburglar is likely coming over next year and replacing O'connor if he doesn't step it up this year. That still puts us it's an uncomfortable gap between the end of Anderson's contract(and Hammond) and having a reliable starter with NHL experience.

Keep in mind that the goaltending situation could change considerably given the expansion draft next summer.  Teams will only be able to protect one goalie, and we could very well expose Anderson.  Due to the expansion draft, teams may be looking to deal before they lose someone for nothing (e.g. Bishop from Tampa).  So we could very well end up with a different goalie coming in that we protect in the draft, and end up exposing Anderson and Hammond if neither of them are traded.

I fully expect goalies to be out there to be had. That's kind of why I think it might be a good time to deal with the issue.

Remember 4 years ago when we had Lehner, Bishop, and Anderson and goaltending was our strong-suit. Boy did we ever mess that situation up.
i have to admit with PTFlea, I don't think we'll be sad to have white instead of Lehner. But yes, maybe the right move would have been to move Anderson when his value was at an all time high. We'd be set for years had we relied on bishop and Hammond. But would Hammond have ever emerged?

Yeah, because Bishop breaks himself once a year - at inopportune times too.
So does Anderson. That's why we have Hammond.

Actually, that's true.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
How 'bout them Sens, eh? Ryan, Karlsson, Brassard, Turris x 2. Take that W and run.

I predict Matthews is going to get very little breathing room the next couple of games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/senators-macarthur-to-see-concussion-specialist-doctors-will-decide-his-fate

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/senators-macarthur-to-see-concussion-specialist-doctors-will-decide-his-fate

Poor guy. At least he got to sign that one big contract.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/senators-macarthur-to-see-concussion-specialist-doctors-will-decide-his-fate

Poor guy.  At least he got to sign that one big contract.
Nothing there about whether his contract is insured.
Personally I would worry about my health as the next concussion could make you suffer even more down the road. He's got that guaranteed money which likely means he'll never have to work again if he chooses to do so.
Now the main worries for the team is whether this will count against our self-imposed budget.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It sounds like he might be okay in that article. I'll trust they take the necessary precautions, but if he can come back healthy what a boost thar would be to us. if not hopefully he can hang around as kind of an assistant coach, because the players love him apparently

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:It sounds like he might be okay in that article.  I'll trust they take the necessary precautions, but if he can come back healthy what a boost thar would be to us. if not hopefully he can hang around as kind of an assistant coach,  because the players love him apparently

Yeah I could see him sticking around. Move into the org in some capacity and grow from there.
But I hope we don't hang too long on that decision as I think Dorion should handle his position if he won't be coming back. We need to fill his spot externally IMO.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It sounds like he might be okay in that article.  I'll trust they take the necessary precautions, but if he can come back healthy what a boost thar would be to us. if not hopefully he can hang around as kind of an assistant coach,  because the players love him apparently

Yeah I could see him sticking around. Move into the org in some capacity and grow from there.
But I hope we don't hang too long on that decision as I think Dorion should handle his position if he won't be coming back. We need to fill his spot externally IMO.

Yeah, but he can wait at this point I guess and see how perron does.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:It sounds like he might be okay in that article.  I'll trust they take the necessary precautions, but if he can come back healthy what a boost thar would be to us. if not hopefully he can hang around as kind of an assistant coach,  because the players love him apparently

Yeah I could see him sticking around. Move into the org in some capacity and grow from there.
But I hope we don't hang too long on that decision as I think Dorion should handle his position if he won't be coming back. We need to fill his spot externally IMO.

Yeah,  but he can wait at this point I guess and see how perron does.
You really see Perron jumping on this team this year eh?
I'd imagine he'd take a solid year in the A at least but who knows. He could wind up passing other prospects on the depth chart

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum