Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 13130
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:58 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:Yeah, if Lazar ends up the 4C that would be a monumental failure to thrive.  They could use him as the focal point in a move to change the CHL/minor pro agreement.  Clearly, being in the AHL would have been the best for the player, and it's not like it was a choice between the CHL and AHL.  Maybe if a player is 19, has already competed in the WJC and the Memorial Cup tournaments then he's gotten as far as he possibly could in the CHL and should be allowed to go to the AHL.

As for White, since everyone was saying how he's NHL-ready, I wonder if he could actually help given the MacArthur situation.  Have you seen any hint of chemistry between Brassard/Ryan and Smith?  I know I haven't.

I thought Smith was really good with them vs Toronto.  He used his strength to win board battles, went to the net.  He was good, but ideally he moves down with Pageau and we have a more legitimate scoring threat there.

Next year he'll likely be gone anyway, so that opens the spot for someone.  I wonder if Brassard's ever played wing and/or if he's good at it.
    Dude, leave brassard where he is. We've been waiting for a left handed center for long enough

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54437
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:Yeah, if Lazar ends up the 4C that would be a monumental failure to thrive.  They could use him as the focal point in a move to change the CHL/minor pro agreement.  Clearly, being in the AHL would have been the best for the player, and it's not like it was a choice between the CHL and AHL.  Maybe if a player is 19, has already competed in the WJC and the Memorial Cup tournaments then he's gotten as far as he possibly could in the CHL and should be allowed to go to the AHL.

As for White, since everyone was saying how he's NHL-ready, I wonder if he could actually help given the MacArthur situation.  Have you seen any hint of chemistry between Brassard/Ryan and Smith?  I know I haven't.

I thought Smith was really good with them vs Toronto.  He used his strength to win board battles, went to the net.  He was good, but ideally he moves down with Pageau and we have a more legitimate scoring threat there.

Next year he'll likely be gone anyway, so that opens the spot for someone.  I wonder if Brassard's ever played wing and/or if he's good at it.
    Dude, leave brassard where he is. We've been waiting for a left handed center for long enough

Yeah, you're gonna get one. A 6'7, 215 pound kid who hasn't started lifting weights yet apparently because he's still growing and is scoring at a 2.45 PPG pace in Windsor. Comparisons of Jumbo Joe mixed with Getzlaf are bandied around - and while it's unbelievably premature to say something like that, there are people who have watched him since his debut in the OHL who say he should have been a top 5 pick last draft.

MarkStone
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2016-09-27

Post by MarkStone on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Brown won't go back to junior. There will be no point.

White or brown will be LW next to brassard
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:14 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, you're gonna get one.  A 6'7, 215 pound kid who hasn't started lifting weights yet apparently because he's still growing and is scoring at a 2.45 PPG pace in Windsor.  Comparisons of Jumbo Joe mixed with Getzlaf are bandied around - and while it's unbelievably premature to say something like that, there are people who have watched him since his debut in the OHL who say he should have been a top 5 pick last draft.
    you're not gonna start a guy as a number 2 center right out of the OHL.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:15 pm

MarkStone wrote:Brown won't go back to junior. There will be no point.

you said that about white last season in regards to this season.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Yeah, you're gonna get one.  A 6'7, 215 pound kid who hasn't started lifting weights yet apparently because he's still growing and is scoring at a 2.45 PPG pace in Windsor.  Comparisons of Jumbo Joe mixed with Getzlaf are bandied around - and while it's unbelievably premature to say something like that, there are people who have watched him since his debut in the OHL who say he should have been a top 5 pick last draft.

Then you have to move Pageau to the wing and put him at 3C, but I think he comes in as 2C. People don't talk this way about prospects that often without there being merit.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Then you have to move Pageau to the wing and put him at 3C, but I think he comes in as 2C.  People don't talk this way about prospects that often without there being merit.

People talk about prospects this way ALL. THE. TIME.
    MarkStone
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2016-09-27

Post by MarkStone on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

He may be ohl mvp and win a memorial cup. He won't be back.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:22 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Then you have to move Pageau to the wing and put him at 3C, but I think he comes in as 2C.  People don't talk this way about prospects that often without there being merit.

People talk about prospects this way ALL. THE. TIME.

Yeah, fans of the team he plays for pump him up, these are completely unbiased fans.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:34 am

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

This is becoming your New obsession.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:36 am

MarkStone wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

He may be ohl mvp and win a memorial cup. He won't be back.
    We'll see. I remember the sens saying they were likely gonna take their time with him and that there were parts of his game that were quite raw.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:02 am

I know, I'm quite intrigued by pageau on the wing if need be.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:55 am

PTFlea wrote:I know, I'm quite intrigued by pageau on the wing if need be.
    Back with The olympics he was playing C And I think so too in bingo so I've never heard of him playing wing. Not saying it's not possible but we'll see. I know most players that are Lifers at the C position don't like getting moved to the wing. Not sure it's a long term strategy either.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:23 pm

Line-up for tonight? GDT? (Come on prags)
    I'm hoping Chabot plays.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:28 pm

I thought boucher said same lineup
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47966
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Flo The Action wrote:

Amen.  You don't take a 29-year-old established 2C and suddenly change him into a winger to, presumably, make room for a guy coming out of college?

EDIT: Just read the reply. By the time Brown is ready to play top-six in the NHL Brassard will probably be retired.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:38 pm

PTFlea wrote:I thought boucher said same lineup
    yeah, just saw that. Would have been a good time to put in Chabot to see him play with price out.
    Also would have liked to see some comparisons against Sergachyov
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:40 pm

wprager wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Amen.  You don't take a 29-year-old established 2C and suddenly change him into a winger to, presumably, make room for a guy coming out of college?

EDIT: Just read the reply.  By the time Brown is ready to play top-six in the NHL Brassard will probably be retired.
    I don't know about retire... I think the soonest we see brown though is in two years. And of course white will start on the wing. And most likely on the RW with pageau as he's a right handed shot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 am