Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:51 pm

    Never said you were wrong or that I was right. Simply said that according to Roster Resource Part was playing on the fourth line. To which you replied, "Like I said, you're wrong."

    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24766
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 pm

    wprager wrote:Never said you were wrong or that I was right. Simply said that according to Roster Resource Part was playing on the fourth line. To which you replied, "Like I said, you're wrong."

    Fair enough.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm

    You could have replied "Don't rely on Roster Resource because this time they were wrong".
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by spader on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:01 pm

    wprager wrote:You could have replied "Don't rely on Roster Resource because this time they were wrong".

    I like Leftwinglock's approach to line combos.



    http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/?player1=Tom+Pyatt&flag=y
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:42 pm

    spader wrote:
    wprager wrote:You could have replied "Don't rely on Roster Resource because this time they were wrong".

    I like Leftwinglock's approach to line combos.



    http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/?player1=Tom+Pyatt&flag=y
    Never heard of that site. Good to know.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:52 pm

    I've heard of left wing lock but never looked it up. I found roster resource a few months ago. At the time I lurked how they were very quick on updating to account for injuries, suspensions and call-ups.

    Taking a look at left wing lock, Pyatt spent a little time with Kelly, and looking at the 3 and 5 game risks it looks like he is spending increasingly more time with Pageau. So, working his way up from the 4th line. Good site.

    Still maintain that both are best suited to 4th line roles right now, and we'd be a better team with only one of them in the lineup at any given time (or maybe if we were a better team we'd only have one of them in the lineup). Entering the playoffs, assuming only one is playing and on the 4th line, is still go with Kelly for the experience and versatility, but Pyatt would be right there ready to jump in.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:58 pm

    If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:10 pm

    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.

    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.
    But we need slightly more production. We need a guy that can either bring between 20 and 30 goals and then some other intangibles. Lando, duchenes are good examples. Probably would do much better in Ottawa too compared to where they are.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:43 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.
    But we need slightly more production. We need a guy that can either bring between 20 and 30 goals and then some other intangibles. Lando, duchenes are good examples. Probably would do much better in Ottawa too compared to where they are.

    They'll cost a lot more. I dunno, adding Palat would be a massive thing.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:56 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.

    But we need slightly more production. We need a guy that can either bring between 20 and 30 goals and then some other intangibles. Lando, duchenes are good examples. Probably would do much better in Ottawa too compared to where they are.

    They'll cost a lot more. I dunno, adding Palat would be a massive thing.
    Yup. But maybe that's where we are at.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:06 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.

    But we need slightly more production. We need a guy that can either bring between 20 and 30 goals and then some other intangibles. Lando, duchenes are good examples. Probably would do much better in Ottawa too compared to where they are.

    They'll cost a lot more. I dunno, adding Palat would be a massive thing.
    Yup. But maybe that's where we are at.

    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122662

    Look at that production though. 59 points, 63, pro-rated 53. This is Mark Stone all over again - and also, hitting 60 points is the new 80 IMO, not many players can really do it anymore. I'd be surprised if there was 25 players in the whole league last year that hit 60 points.

    He's close to Landeskog production-wise, all that's separating him are slightly more goal production.

    Duchene is where it's at if we don't want Palat, but man...Palat is great.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47948
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by wprager on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:13 pm

    Palat has 5+3 in 8 games since coming back after missing 5 games. The injury itself was not disclosed but I wonder if it was something nagging that affected his production earlier?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16329
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by tim1_2 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 pm

    I don't see us adding any forward until Mac comes back and we see where his game is at. That right there could be the top 9 forward we're looking for.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:29 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:I don't see us adding any forward until Mac comes back and we see where his game is at. That right there could be the top 9 forward we're looking for.
    After missing almost 2 years of playing hockey? You'll excuse me if I have my doubts on top of if how long his return will be for.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13120
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:31 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:If Yzerman is selling any forward for a D-man, we should be all over Palat for Ceci+
    Really? A guy that hasn't hit the 20 goal plateau more than once and that in his first season in the NHL?

    I'd rather pay a big price to get a much better winger. I've had enough of just looking to trade for average. We need a star on the wing or someone very close to it.


    He's so good though...like a Mark Stone with slightly lesser production. Love this player.

    But we need slightly more production. We need a guy that can either bring between 20 and 30 goals and then some other intangibles. Lando, duchenes are good examples. Probably would do much better in Ottawa too compared to where they are.

    They'll cost a lot more. I dunno, adding Palat would be a massive thing.
    Yup. But maybe that's where we are at.

    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122662

    Look at that production though. 59 points, 63, pro-rated 53. This is Mark Stone all over again - and also, hitting 60 points is the new 80 IMO, not many players can really do it anymore. I'd be surprised if there was 25 players in the whole league last year that hit 60 points.

    He's close to Landeskog production-wise, all that's separating him are slightly more goal production.

    Duchene is where it's at if we don't want Palat, but man...Palat is great.
    I look at how well palat did on a team that had some fairly good level of success and then Landon and duch and think there's a much better deal there.
    Not that I wouldn't take palat but Ceci + ? I don't know about that.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54423
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:14 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I don't see us adding any forward until Mac comes back and we see where his game is at. That right there could be the top 9 forward we're looking for.
    After missing almost 2 years of playing hockey? You'll excuse me if I have my doubts on top of if how long his return will be for.
    There's plenty of time for ottawa to asses him before the deadline though

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 am