GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » GDT - Game #4: Coyotes @ Sens, Oct 18, 2016, 7:30pm

GDT - Game #4: Coyotes @ Sens, Oct 18, 2016, 7:30pm

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Right back at it tonight.  Chabot will be in the lineup, and I think Varone will be back in with Puempel coming out.  Puempel and Varone could both sit out if Boucher decides to go with 7 D.  Anderson will start.

Arizona has only played one game so far, so they're pretty rested.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Rust vs. non-rest. Ev guarantees a win.

Anderson back in goal. Puempel back in the press-box, Chabot gets to try and earn his keep.

I disagree about Hoffman playing badly. He is just not scoring, but he is getting chances. He will never be a Selke finalist but if he's getting 6-5 shots in a game eventually some of those will start going in.

I also don't think Ceci has been that bad. Sure, there was that one turnover last night, but his -3 is as much on Hammond being bad as anything else. He also needs Phaneuf to be better. Dion has not been good. Another penalty taken last night. Not talking about coincidental minors or coincidental fighting majors, I'm talking about penalties that result in a PK situation. Phaneuf is our #1 PK defenseman and he has take a penalty in each of the first three games. He has looked slow.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
High of 23 and humidex of 29. This is like playoff weather. Second round if not the ECF.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Right back at it tonight.  Chabot will be in the lineup, and I think Varone will be back in with Puempel coming out.  Puempel and Varone could both sit out if Boucher decides to go with 7 D.  Anderson will start.

Arizona has only played one game so far, so they're pretty rested.

TONIGHT?!?!??!??! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie
This is an easy win and it was very predictable that we would lose last night and win tonight.

I have liked Phaneuf's game. He gives us an edge we need.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Rust vs. non-rest.  Ev guarantees a win.

Anderson back in goal.  Puempel back in the press-box, Chabot gets to try and earn his keep.  

I disagree about Hoffman playing badly.  He is just not scoring, but he is getting chances.  He will never be a Selke finalist but if he's getting 6-5 shots in a game eventually some of those will start going in.

I also don't think Ceci has been that bad.  Sure, there was that one turnover last night, but his -3 is as much on Hammond being bad as anything else.  He also needs Phaneuf to be better.  Dion has not been good.  Another penalty taken last night.  Not talking about coincidental minors or coincidental fighting majors, I'm talking about penalties that result in a PK situation.  Phaneuf is our #1 PK defenseman and he has take a penalty in each of the first three games.  He has looked slow.

The only problem with an Ev-guaranteed win is that it's contingent on Daniel Briere signing with the Sens.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
It's early in the season, but there won't be any excuses if we don't come out firing on all cylinders tonight. Ryan and Hoffman need to get going, Brassard too. We'll need a huge effort from the top 6.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ceci has to shape up as well to be honest. He's making some pretty bad decisions. Again, I realize it's early, but still...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star
I was just talking to a buddy about the game. The way I see it, this is the adjustment phase. Expect to see some slower decision making right now. The players are learning a new system. It'll take time. I saw a bunch of people talking about how Ceci looks lost right now. I'd agree, but I'd wait until 10 or 15 games in before drawing any conclusions. Let them adjust and learn.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:I was just talking to a buddy about the game. The way I see it, this is the adjustment phase. Expect to see some slower decision making right now. The players are learning a new system. It'll take time. I saw a bunch of people talking about how Ceci looks lost right now. I'd agree, but I'd wait until 10 or 15 games in before drawing any conclusions. Let them adjust and learn.
no no no... blow it up.

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:I was just talking to a buddy about the game. The way I see it, this is the adjustment phase. Expect to see some slower decision making right now. The players are learning a new system. It'll take time. I saw a bunch of people talking about how Ceci looks lost right now. I'd agree, but I'd wait until 10 or 15 games in before drawing any conclusions. Let them adjust and learn.
no no no... blow it up.

Ceci for Trouba? Do it.... haha

Tonight should be a good test. A winnable game coming off of a loss. Will be interesting to see if Boucher can get the team behind him and have them rally for a win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Ceci has to shape up as well to be honest.  He's making some pretty bad decisions.  Again, I realize it's early, but still...

Just as I've been saying for months.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci has to shape up as well to be honest.  He's making some pretty bad decisions.  Again, I realize it's early, but still...

Just as I've been saying for months.

Years.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci has to shape up as well to be honest.  He's making some pretty bad decisions.  Again, I realize it's early, but still...

Just as I've been saying for months.

Years.

Modesty is my greatest quality.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci has to shape up as well to be honest.  He's making some pretty bad decisions.  Again, I realize it's early, but still...

Just as I've been saying for months.

Years.

Modesty is my greatest quality.

O lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
'Cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
O lord it's hard to be humble
But I'm doing the best that I can
- Mac Davis -


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum