You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Phaneuf is looking unreal, he's really getting his legs under him. Ceci's looking pretty damn good too. Horrible 1st, but solid after that. Andy's in the zone right now.

spader

All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:OK, that was the toughest game to win.  Puempel trying to pump them up with a fight was cute.

Andy has stopped a ridiculous number of shots last three games. They need to tighten up a little and get back to the 20s.

He was really throwing out there! I also loved that he said he's a 4th liner and needs to play his role.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Yep, just a couple of fourth lines doing their job.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
This W feels good. 2nd in the Atlantic. Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:This W feels good.  2nd in the Atlantic.  Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

Sure does. We will be a pretty overrated 8-3 team. If we keep winning the winnables and come up with a few upset wins we should be able to sustain a playoff record.

Any news on the Stone injury? I suspect this will signal a Varone or Lazar call-up? Can Lazar be returned to the minors or is he down there now on a conditioning stint?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:Phaneuf is looking unreal, he's really getting his legs under him.  Ceci's looking pretty damn good too.  Horrible 1st, but solid after that.  Andy's in the zone right now.

Don't even know what happened on that first goal. One of Phaneuf or Ceci (I think it was Ceci) was way out of position. Pageau was actually in the right position but took himself out of the play chasing the puck. He's not a defenseman, I get that, but he was skating backwards and in the place where Ceci should have been (was it a change?) so he should have just stayed there.

No matter, it's still a win.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:This W feels good.  2nd in the Atlantic.  Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

Sure does. We will be a pretty overrated 8-3 team. If we keep winning the winnables and come up with a few upset wins we should be able to sustain a playoff record.

Any news on the Stone injury? I suspect this will signal a Varone or Lazar call-up? Can Lazar be returned to the minors or is he down there now on a conditioning stint?

I think Boucher said the Stone thing wasn't serious. TSN showed a clip from a previous game where Stone went crashing into the net, so it's possible he's been nursing an injury and this just aggravated it.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Man, I really hope Boucher can continue to have success over long periods of time. I love the way he coaches the neutral zone and I love that he's changed the thought process in the defensive zone too.

So far so good, but in Ottawa you never get excited about coaches.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Man, I really hope Boucher can continue to have success over long periods of time.  I love the way he coaches the neutral zone and I love that he's changed the thought process in the defensive zone too.  

So far so good, but in Ottawa you never get excited about coaches.

So far so good, but it's really early. Reclamation projects, whether it's a player (Turris, Pyatt) or a coach (Boucher, Crawford) come with the added benefit of highly motivated individuals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum