GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: GDT - Game #9: Hurricanes @ Sens, Nov 1, 2016, 7:30pm

Post by PTFlea on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Phaneuf is looking unreal, he's really getting his legs under him. Ceci's looking pretty damn good too. Horrible 1st, but solid after that. Andy's in the zone right now.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:49 pm

wprager wrote:OK, that was the toughest game to win.  Puempel trying to pump them up with a fight was cute.

Andy has stopped a ridiculous number of shots last three games. They need to tighten up a little and get back to the 20s.

He was really throwing out there! I also loved that he said he's a 4th liner and needs to play his role.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48296
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:21 am

Yep, just a couple of fourth lines doing their job.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16490
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:49 am

This W feels good. 2nd in the Atlantic. Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

DefenceWinsChampionships
    Veteran
    Veteran

Number of posts : 2032
    Registration date : 2011-05-23

Post by DefenceWinsChampionships on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:25 am

tim1_2 wrote:This W feels good.  2nd in the Atlantic.  Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

Sure does. We will be a pretty overrated 8-3 team. If we keep winning the winnables and come up with a few upset wins we should be able to sustain a playoff record.

Any news on the Stone injury? I suspect this will signal a Varone or Lazar call-up? Can Lazar be returned to the minors or is he down there now on a conditioning stint?
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48296
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:44 am

PTFlea wrote:Phaneuf is looking unreal, he's really getting his legs under him.  Ceci's looking pretty damn good too.  Horrible 1st, but solid after that.  Andy's in the zone right now.

Don't even know what happened on that first goal. One of Phaneuf or Ceci (I think it was Ceci) was way out of position. Pageau was actually in the right position but took himself out of the play chasing the puck. He's not a defenseman, I get that, but he was skating backwards and in the place where Ceci should have been (was it a change?) so he should have just stayed there.

No matter, it's still a win.

tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 am

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:This W feels good.  2nd in the Atlantic.  Vancouver and Buffalo are next, and both are quite winnable....

Sure does. We will be a pretty overrated 8-3 team. If we keep winning the winnables and come up with a few upset wins we should be able to sustain a playoff record.

Any news on the Stone injury? I suspect this will signal a Varone or Lazar call-up? Can Lazar be returned to the minors or is he down there now on a conditioning stint?

I think Boucher said the Stone thing wasn't serious. TSN showed a clip from a previous game where Stone went crashing into the net, so it's possible he's been nursing an injury and this just aggravated it.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54629
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:22 am

Man, I really hope Boucher can continue to have success over long periods of time. I love the way he coaches the neutral zone and I love that he's changed the thought process in the defensive zone too.

So far so good, but in Ottawa you never get excited about coaches.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:38 am

PTFlea wrote:Man, I really hope Boucher can continue to have success over long periods of time.  I love the way he coaches the neutral zone and I love that he's changed the thought process in the defensive zone too.  

So far so good, but in Ottawa you never get excited about coaches.

So far so good, but it's really early. Reclamation projects, whether it's a player (Turris, Pyatt) or a coach (Boucher, Crawford) come with the added benefit of highly motivated individuals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:06 am