You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #12: Sens @ Press, Nov 8, 2016, 8:00pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah... I think I'm gonna watch the last episode of America, land of the lost tonight instead. I expect the season final to play itself out with the bad guy being shown the door.

I know he won't win, but could you imagine if Trump actually somehow won?  

Dude.... time to panic.

tim1_2


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah... I think I'm gonna watch the last episode of America, land of the lost tonight instead. I expect the season final to play itself out with the bad guy being shown the door.

I know he won't win, but could you imagine if Trump actually somehow won?  

Dude.... time to panic.

I often say "Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American." But I sure did not think that this would happen. I knew it'd be close, but it looks like the white, backwater, racist, homophobic, idiotic rednecks really came out in force this time.

Anyway, back to the hockey game....

Yeah, we need Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, and Brassard to start actually burying chances. It's as simple as that. But me (and others here) have been issuing words of warning about Hoffman and Ryan for a year now.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah... I think I'm gonna watch the last episode of America, land of the lost tonight instead. I expect the season final to play itself out with the bad guy being shown the door.

I know he won't win, but could you imagine if Trump actually somehow won?  

Dude.... time to panic.

I often say "Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American."  But I sure did not think that this would happen.  I knew it'd be close, but it looks like the white, backwater, racist, homophobic, idiotic rednecks really came out in force this time.  

Anyway, back to the hockey game....

Yeah, we need Ryan, Hoffman, Stone, and Brassard to start actually burying chances.  It's as simple as that.  But me (and others here) have been issuing words of warning about Hoffman and Ryan for a year now.

It's pretty insulting and unfair to suggest you are any of those things if you like trump.

His presidicent will be the same as any other republican.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Y'know, I shouldn't have said those things. They are true, but the last thing I want is to start a political discussion. My bad. Let's keep this thread about the hockey game. If someone wants to start an election thread to discuss Trump, do that, and I'll steer clear.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah... I think I'm gonna watch the last episode of America, land of the lost tonight instead. I expect the season final to play itself out with the bad guy being shown the door.

I know he won't win, but could you imagine if Trump actually somehow won?  

(Only) Four more years.

Dude.... time to panic.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:Y'know, I shouldn't have said those things.  They are true, but the last thing I want is to start a political discussion.  My bad.  Let's keep this thread about the hockey game.  If someone wants to start an election thread to discuss Trump, do that, and I'll steer clear.

I'm not a political person whatsoever but you sound like all the other people who irrationally think this will cause any harm in the world.

It's just wrong to say if you vote trump you are any of those things when Hillary was a corrupt person who overstayed her welcome in Washington

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
I often say "Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American."  But I sure did not think that this would happen.  I knew it'd be close, but it looks like the white, backwater, racist, homophobic, idiotic rednecks really came out in force this time.

I think that's distilling it a little too far. Of course there was an element of that, but I think what typed there election was the anti-Washington vote. Anything but the old guard. Trump was not supported by the Republican old guard, but that made him more attractive to those Republicans dissatisfied with their party.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's literally the same as people voting for Trudeau

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
At least Brassard, Ryan and Stone looked good from what I saw last night (I turned it off after 3-0).

The Sens need to wake up though and bury those chances. Stop making goalies look good, that's what happens every single year against Ottawa. Goalies come in, make a statement even though they've been poor, Ottawa loses and we all say 'but they had chances!'. So what? A long fly out in baseball isn't 'almost' a home run, it's a fly out.

Very frustrating. The only reason I'll watch tonight is because I think they're pissed off too and will do anything to score against Lehner.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I'm less worried with his presidency resulting in a world war than I am in the fact that his opinions and what he is preching is legitimizing people to attack minority and blame problems internally on non-white populations. You just watch whenever his policies fail he'll be out there blaming immigrants and Muslims. America is at war, with itself. I didn't care Much either for Hillary as she would have been just another president supporting the imperialistic tendency of America. But in those respects, I don't think trump will be any different.
Back to hockey

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:It's literally the same as people voting for Trudeau

Yes, very similar (but not the same). In Trudeau's case they just wanted Harper out. Here's it's a vote against the establishment.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:At least Brassard, Ryan and Stone looked good from what I saw last night (I turned it off after 3-0).

The Sens need to wake up though and bury those chances.  Stop making goalies look good, that's what happens every single year against Ottawa.  Goalies come in, make a statement even though they've been poor, Ottawa loses and we all say 'but they had chances!'.  So what?  A long fly out in baseball isn't 'almost' a home run, it's a fly out.

Very frustrating.  The only reason I'll watch tonight is because I think they're pissed off too and will do anything to score against Lehner.

I found Hoffman and Ryan's performances to be particularly poor. I'm willing to cut Stoner a bit of slack since he's hurting.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Kane returns from his broken ribs. O'Reilly is questionable.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:At least Brassard, Ryan and Stone looked good from what I saw last night (I turned it off after 3-0).

The Sens need to wake up though and bury those chances.  Stop making goalies look good, that's what happens every single year against Ottawa.  Goalies come in, make a statement even though they've been poor, Ottawa loses and we all say 'but they had chances!'.  So what?  A long fly out in baseball isn't 'almost' a home run, it's a fly out.

Very frustrating.  The only reason I'll watch tonight is because I think they're pissed off too and will do anything to score against Lehner.

I found Hoffman and Ryan's performances to be particularly poor.  I'm willing to cut Stoner a bit of slack since he's hurting.  

Last night? They were buzzing, the only ones. What did I miss lol?

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
That line generated 9 shots on goal and should have had at least one. When Ryan is getting 4 shots you can generally say two things: 1 - he's getting involved, 2 - it's coming. He started on the left-side the game before and Boucher liked how he played there. That line is getting a goal tonight, maybe two. Also Karlsson is due for a couple.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum