Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Share
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by spader on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:15 pm

    Hey folks,

    Let's keep the hockey threads focused on hockey. I know this is a big event, but let's keep it separate for the sake of the boards.

    So, I heard there was an election or something? Did the States elect a new Prime Minister? I hope it was that Sanders fellow. He seems nice.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:37 pm



    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13350
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm

    I personally have nothing more to debate. You either see this election of a guy that is accused of rape on a minor, multitude sexual assault charge, the segregation and or deportation of Muslims and immigrants and the repealing of happy rights (not to mention one of the shakiest economical platforms in Presidential history)a terrible move for America or if you support him I think I would think there is no reasons to debate it with you as you have little to no comprehension on social justice, white male privilege and any responsible economic back bone. You can support republicans if you want but this has crossed multiple lines. When even traditional hard line republicans denounce him and the only people proping him up are the idiots, the ignorant privileged and the crazy extremist, you know he's the fucktard. This is going to end badly and not only in the states. If he repeal or even amends nafta even we will suffer
    I've said my piece. I don't care to discuss any objections as it will only prove to me you don't get it. Can't think of any political issue that in my mind has created a more divisive gap.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:56 pm

    He can't simply repeal NAFTA. Just like the UK couldn't simply leave the EU. The guy is a pig, no denying it, but Bill Clinton was just much more polished about it. And smarter of course. Ted Kennedy was worse than both of them, of some of those stories are true. JFK was a terrible womanizer. Trump isn't the worst of the bunch, he's just the least intelligent and the most narcissistic. And only one with a Twitter account.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13350
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 pm

    wprager wrote:He can't simply repeal NAFTA. Just like the UK couldn't simply leave the EU. The guy is a pig, no denying it, but Bill Clinton was just much more polished about it. And smarter of course. Ted Kennedy was worse than both of them, of some of those stories are true. JFK was a terrible womanizer. Trump isn't the worst of the bunch, he's just the least intelligent and the most narcissistic. And only one with a Twitter account.
    Its Much more than just about making mysogynist comments, its his plan to have all Muslim tags, build walls between the US and Mexico, to stop immigration, to deport immigrants, to promote violence. The guy built his whole campaign on hate. He didn't even answer the questions asked of him in the debate! He has no clue what he's doing and he people that voted for him are even more ignorant or arrogant! I will admit this. This finally paints the picture of what the American underbelly looks like. It'S intolerant, racist, sexist and self centered. I seriously wonder if this doesn't lead to a mini civil war. The black lives matter movement is bound to come to confrontations with this and I'm sure all the other oppressed voice will join in this. This will end badly. Mark my words.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13350
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:14 pm

    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Ev on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 am

    You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

    You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.

    Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

    I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by spader on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 am

    Flo The Action wrote:I personally have nothing more to debate. You either see this election of a guy that is accused of rape on a minor, multitude sexual assault charge, the segregation and or deportation of Muslims and immigrants and the repealing of happy rights (not to mention one of the shakiest economical platforms in Presidential history)a terrible move for America or if you support him I think I would think there is no reasons to debate it with you as you have little to no comprehension on social justice, white male privilege and any responsible economic back bone. You can support republicans if you want but this has crossed multiple lines. When even traditional hard line republicans denounce him and the only people proping him up are the idiots, the ignorant privileged and the crazy extremist, you know he's the fucktard. This is going to end badly and not only in the states. If he repeal or even amends nafta even we will suffer
    I've said my piece. I don't care to discuss any objections as it will only prove to me you don't get it. Can't think of any political issue that in my mind has created a more divisive gap.

    Did you read the article prags posted above? It's worth a read. It helped me understand how this could happen. Give it a shot.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10071
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by spader on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:12 am

    Ev wrote:You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

    You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.

    Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

    I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.

    FWIW, you're doing much the same thing.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by wprager on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 am

    I may cringe a little at Ev's presentation, but what he's actually saying is pretty much bang on. I also wonder how much of "Trump" is real and how much is showbusiness. With all the deals he has done in the Middle East, he has no problem dealing with Muslims. And while he certainly does act like a bully I would tend to think much of it is an act that he only plays to those that would be affected by it (to his benefit). Certainly be would not get where he got in business if he always acted this way with everybody. So I really have no idea what he will be like on the international stage. I don't think he will start a war the way I'm sure HTC would have done (read the Moore article) and I'm sure with all the people around him he will get plenty of good advice. While the Senate and House may be controlled by the GOP, the party itself barely tolerates Trump (many openly opposed him) so he will not get carte blanche to do whatever he wants.

    We'll be fine. America will survive and will be the better for it. In the meantime, Canada comes off great with Justin, where a few months ago most of the world thought (correctly) that he's only here because of his last name.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Ev on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am

    spader wrote:
    Ev wrote:You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

    You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.

    Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

    I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.

    FWIW, you're doing much the same thing.

    I'm not. I don't have a hard side in this fight. I'm open to anybody liking either side. It's the hypocritical trashing of the trump side and the wide generalizations that I am sick of.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13350
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 pm

    Ev wrote:You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

    You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.

    Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

    I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.
    You don't even listen to what I'm saying. I'm saying these attacks are from people that feel legitimized by trump having been elected. They happened before but they'll happen again because there's a president out there that has come out and been an outright bigot. Ev did I dream it or not that trump openly said he was gonna force Muslims to where identifyiers So people would know who they are? Guess who was the last politician to do that.
    How would you put it ev. What kind of people vote someone in that has condoned sexual assault on woman, said he would label a religious minority and he did say he would deport Cussing
    People that were American citizen ev. He Cussing said that anyone that was affiliated with a terrorist would be deported. Their entire family. Most of which never supported an extremist view. So you get your Cussing facts straight and quit playing Cussing the ostrich about what is going on. Just the fact that you say black lives matter is a sham is showing your true colours. Have you not seen the countless videos of police officers shooting black people that were in no way threatening situation? Diddle ev, there's a huge problem out there in America. Wake up Diddle! White people are afraid of everyone and people like trump have blamed everything under the sun on people coming after them and driving their fear. They're after their jobs, the freedom, their way of life. Seriously. I seriously don't get you, its right there for anyone to see how he won the vote. Drumming up fear. You don't think racism and white insecurity didn't play a huge part in his election? Look at the goddamn polls on who voted for him. It's majority whites and a percentage of Latinos that feel obligated to vote for the pro-life candidate.
    Seriously you're devils advocate Dung blaming this on us being paranoid new hippy Dung is getting a little old. Everyone internationally is taking this position. It's freaking obvious! This is why I hate arguing with you, you have some serious freaking issues. I'm sick of people like you. It's all me me me first and if something isn't straight up bothering you then it doesn't exist. Black lives is a sham. Diddle YOU!


    Last edited by Flo The Action on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54629
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:53 pm

    Too many people are arguing against Trump when they don't bother to read up on his agendas. I'm personally for a stricter vetting of immigrants - my mother was an immigrant, but she cam into the country and assimilated and worked hard. The same can't be said for everyone they're letting in and that's a legit problem. Ask Denmark about that.

    And the illegals in the US is already a massive problem - and did it really take Donald Trump to point it out? Come on..

    And the people who have bumper stickers saying death to Muslims are picking this time to crawl out from under their rocks because they have the IQs of peanuts and see this as an opportunity to have their idiotic views legitimized when it's absolutely not what Trump or anyone is saying.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54629
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:53 pm

    Anyway....it's too much idiocy to even bother with, let's see how he does, what choice do we have?
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13350
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Flo The Action on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:55 pm

    spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I personally have nothing more to debate. You either see this election of a guy that is accused of rape on a minor, multitude sexual assault charge, the segregation and or deportation of Muslims and immigrants and the repealing of happy rights (not to mention one of the shakiest economical platforms in Presidential history)a terrible move for America or if you support him I think I would think there is no reasons to debate it with you as you have little to no comprehension on social justice, white male privilege and any responsible economic back bone. You can support republicans if you want but this has crossed multiple lines. When even traditional hard line republicans denounce him and the only people proping him up are the idiots, the ignorant privileged and the crazy extremist, you know he's the fucktard. This is going to end badly and not only in the states. If he repeal or even amends nafta even we will suffer
    I've said my piece. I don't care to discuss any objections as it will only prove to me you don't get it. Can't think of any political issue that in my mind has created a more divisive gap.

    Did you read the article prags posted above? It's worth a read. It helped me understand how this could happen. Give it a shot.
    Oh I had read it. I honk there are a lot of disanframchised people. I didn't like Hilary ever but enything was better than this Buffon. If anything Bernie might have provided a better chance to win. That country is split but they just invested in the wrong guy. No experience, failure to understand politics and economics.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm