Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Re: Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:10 am

He started with what his dad gave him, true, but he went pretty far ahead of that.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:00 pm

tim1_2 wrote:
    Ev wrote:If I was voting in the us, I would have voted trump because of his business background,

FYI, it was his dad who created the real estate business and made the money. Donald just inherited it and kept doing the same thing. It's one of this things where once you have millions of dollars it's easy to just pile on.

Giving Trump credit for making money is pretty dumb.

Anyway, you guys get back to it.

Well said.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:13 pm

wprager wrote:He started with what his dad gave him, true, but he went pretty far ahead of that.
    Actually if he would have invested his dad's money into the S&P 500 index fun he'd be richer than he is now. He did not beat the market, if anything he's not been very successful.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 20775
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

Post by Ev on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:He started with what his dad gave him, true, but he went pretty far ahead of that.
    Actually if he would have invested his dad's money into the S&P 500 index fun he'd be richer than he is now. He did not beat the market, if anything he's not been very successful.

Lol
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Ev wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:

Lol

Sure he made money but anyone that has wealth can make money. The fact that he didn't make more money than he did and the fact that he's gone bankrupt shows he's not good at it either.

And before you just laugh it up ev read about it.
    http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:19 pm

I find it comical that people build this cult of following because some wealthy people make money therefore they must be good at it. Anyone that already has money can make money if they have half a brain.
    In two seconds you knew that if you wanted to invest in a stock before the election that would ultimately grow no mattter who won the elections you could have put it all down on lockhead and Martin. You should instead success for these people at how much "more" wealth you can generate.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 pm

I don't think anyone here likes, respects or worships Trump.

Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:07 am

wprager wrote:I don't think anyone here likes, respects or worships Trump.

I like the guy. dont worship anybody though

I have liked him for years
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 am

I think there is definitely a culture of worshiping rich business men in America. I don't think a career politician could have won the presidency with all the things he said and done if they hadn't.

I never liked trump before this election though. Not to say that I actually watched his TV shows but he always came off as arrogant and full of himself from what I saw and that's nothing I respect in a human. Everything he said during the elections and all that came out about his actions kind of solidified my opinion of him.

Apparently he reiterated that he's going to go through with a bunch of deportations. It's gonna get ugly in America.
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by Ev on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:43 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    I think there is definitely a culture of worshiping rich business men in America. I don't think a career politician could have won the presidency with all the things he said and done if they hadn't.

I never liked trump before this election though. Not to say that I actually watched his TV shows but he always came off as arrogant and full of himself from what I saw and that's nothing I respect in a human. Everything he said during the elections and all that came out about his actions kind of solidified my opinion of him.

Apparently he reiterated that he's going to go through with a bunch of deportations. It's gonna get ugly in America.

Yeah Diddle trump for wanting to deport illegals

It's not gonna get ugly at all. It's gonna be hilarious to look back and see that not much happened.

All politicians especially presidents are full of themselves. Obama is no different. He gets a pass for lots of stuff because he's black.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:45 am

Obama gets a pass because he's an excellent speaker. Trump, not to much.

Democrats should have gone with another first lady.

MarkStone
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2016-09-27

Post by MarkStone on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:27 am

pretty much. Voting a woman in would be great, but not that woman.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 am

Yeah. Not a fan of Hilary either. Elizabeth warren would have been my choice.

Obama gets a pass because... Obama care. Numerous opposition and forced revision to environmentally sketchy projects and invested more than any other in renewable energy, bailed out the US out of the last us recession, the Wall Street reforms (although they weren't enough), was responsible for implementing a change in the kind of food allowed to be sold in schools, allowed for numerous happy rights to be passed, also expanded the hate crimes act to further include protection, forced car manufacturers to become more fuel efficient when he provided the (profitable for the US govt) bailout package, increased protection on a number of unprotected habitats, cut military spending, restarted the stem cell research programs that bush had eliminated because pressure from the religious crazies... I guess that's all I can come up with without doing some digging.

Oh and all that under pressure of having to deal with a republican house.

but sure ev what you notice is that he's black and that's why you think he should get a pass. Very telling about who you are and how you think.
    MarkStone
    Rookie
    Rookie

Number of posts : 138
    Registration date : 2016-09-27

Post by MarkStone on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:04 am

ObamaCare sucks. They need a system like we have. Not that phony health care.

He got a phony Nobel Prize award and people like him because he's "cool". Cool isn't necessary to run a government.

And he was absolutely voted in the first time because of race. People who have no idea about anything voted for him because of this. Don't be naive. Your comment doesn't make sense, I didn't say he should get a pass, I said he is popular amongst a lot of people because of his race and at the time because of his youth. Which is 100% true. The youths ate him up, blindly. I was there. I was 18.

don't try to tell me who I am. I am just spitting facts. He was 100% voted for in the first place because of race.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:19 am

MarkStone wrote:ObamaCare sucks. They need a system like we have. Not that phony health care.

He got a phony Nobel Prize award and people like him because he's "cool". Cool isn't necessary to run a government.

And he was absolutely voted in the first time because of race. People who have no idea about anything voted for him because of this. Don't be naive. Your comment doesn't make sense, I didn't say he should get a pass, I said he is popular amongst a lot of people because of his race and at the time because of his youth. Which is 100% true. The youths ate him up, blindly. I was there. I was 18.

don't try to tell me who I am. I am just spitting facts. He was 100% voted for in the first place because of race.

Yes part of the vote was because people wanted a black president but I'd say that was likely the voters that might have voted republican, the others would have voted democrats anyways.. I remember it quite well too. I think there was a lot to be hopeful for when he first ran. His platform was inspiring. And if you don't like Obama care you might want to blame the republicans that didn't allow the first versions of it to pass that would have made it better. I'd say it's not perfect but it's still better for those that didn't have anything up till now.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:22 am

And if he was just so cool and that's not a reason to be president he wouldn't have gotten two terms.
    Probably the best president America had since carter.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah. Not a fan of Hilary either. Elizabeth warren would have been my choice.

Obama gets a pass because... Obama care. Numerous opposition and forced revision to environmentally sketchy projects and invested more than any other in renewable energy, bailed out the US out of the last us recession, the Wall Street reforms (although they weren't enough), was responsible for implementing a change in the kind of food allowed to be sold in schools, allowed for numerous happy rights to be passed, also expanded the hate crimes act to further include protection, forced car manufacturers to become more fuel efficient when he provided the (profitable for the US govt) bailout package, increased protection on a number of unprotected habitats, cut military spending, restarted the stem cell research programs that bush had eliminated because pressure from the religious crazies... I guess that's all I can come up with without doing some digging.

Oh and all that under pressure of having to deal with a republican house.

but sure ev what you notice is that he's black and that's why you think he should get a pass. Very telling about who you are and how you think.

You should have left Obamacare off the list. I saw that as your lead-in item and that pretty much made me biased about the rest of the post.

I have not hear of a single positive about Obamacare from any of my US friends/family members. Well-to-do, doctors, lower-middle-class, mother of three special-needs children. Nobody says anything positive about Obamacare.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:59 pm

MarkStone wrote:pretty much. Voting a woman in would be great, but not that woman.

Are you using two profiles?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:06 pm