GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Share
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:12 pm

    So I believe Matrix will start again. I have no idea if they'll go with 6 or 7 D, as Methot has an injury, and Wideman is just coming back from one...so maybe 7 D again in case someone can't finish the game?

    No changes up front, unless Puempel gets back in if they only dress 6 D.

    Philly has given up the most goals in the league.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 pm

    I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way. This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47669
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:29 pm

    With Methot out they can't go 7D unless someone is called up. Bingo to Philly is just a 3 hour drive down the I-81. So we may not hear of a call up until tomorrow.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47669
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:33 pm

    PTFlea wrote:I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way. This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.

    Well, Philly are tied with Calgary for the league "lead" in goals allowed. 3.63 goals against per game. That's worse than the Leafs' 3.60. We may just bust out.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:43 pm

    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I'd love to have a game where we score 6 goals in the first and coast the rest of the way. This no-scoring nonsense is dry as a bone.

    Well, Philly are tied with Calgary for the league "lead" in goals allowed. 3.63 goals against per game. That's worse than the Leafs' 3.60. We may just bust out.

    No sir, we'll make Mason or whoever look like Hasek. That's the Sens 2016/17 for better or worse.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:43 pm

    I mean...Darcy Keumper or whatever his name is looked pretty amazing for Minny last night. And he isn't anything of the sort.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by Ev on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:58 pm

    he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:25 pm

    Ev wrote:he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.

    I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 20773
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by Ev on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:36 pm

    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.

    I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?

    how about being correct about us being a great team this season?

    It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54243
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by PTFlea on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:43 pm

    Stats say we'll start scoring soon, but it's painful so far.
    avatar
    Hoff-Machine
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 8461
    Age : 32
    Location : Orange County, CA
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-06-22

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by Hoff-Machine on Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:53 pm

    Ev wrote:
    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.

    I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?

    how about being correct about us being a great team this season?

    It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.

    I hope you're right. I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year. I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles. I would say goaltending and PK have been great. 5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL. Scoring speaks for itself.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10037
    Age : 37
    Location : La Loche, Saskatchewan
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by spader on Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:56 pm

    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.

    I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?

    how about being correct about us being a great team this season?

    It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.

    I hope you're right. I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year. I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles. I would say goaltending and PK have been great. 5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL. Scoring speaks for itself.

    I'd agree. I think that one encouraging bit of info is that Boucher apparently said last week (or thereabout) that the team has focused on defense and PK in practice so far and hasn't really touched the PP or offensive side much yet. If the coaching staff can make a impact on O the way they have on D, this team'll be fine.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47669
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:52 pm

    PTFlea wrote:I mean...Darcy Keumper or whatever his name is looked pretty amazing for Minny last night. And he isn't anything of the sort.

    He made one fantasticfantastic save, and Hoffman made one fantastic miss. Minny is a really good defensive team.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47669
    Age : 55
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by wprager on Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:56 pm

    spader wrote:
    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    Hoff-Machine wrote:
    Ev wrote:he's still good.

    We will start scoring soon.

    I love the optimism but when was the last time you were correct?

    how about being correct about us being a great team this season?

    It's not even my opinion that we will start scoring soon. It's basic fact. It's pretty well impossible for the team not to score more goals soon.

    I hope you're right. I don't agree that the sens have been 'great' this year. I'd say they've benefited from a very generous schedule and overcome some offensive obstacles. I would say goaltending and PK have been great. 5-on-5 play is OK and power-play is a big FAIL. Scoring speaks for itself.

    I'd agree. I think that one encouraging bit of info is that Boucher apparently said last week (or thereabout) that the team has focused on defense and PK in practice so far and hasn't really touched the PP or offensive side much yet. If the coaching staff can make a impact on O the way they have on D, this team'll be fine.

    This team was top ten in the league in scoring last season. PP wasn't very good. Now the PP is downright awful. But it should take less time to fix the offense because they are better at it to start with.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16254
    Age : 34
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:01 am


    Sponsored content

    Re: GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 am