You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #16: Sens @ Flyers, Nov 15, 2016, 7:00pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Then there's a win like that and I want to keep watching

Yeah, I have to say I really like the OT format. Much more than The shootout. I'd do double OT just so we get more chances of ending it in OT.

I really hope the Dorion figured out how to acquire a top6 guy. We could use some more offence at this point and I'm skeptical whether Mac will ever be effective or whether he's got any long term future playing hockey.
I love dzingel but I think he'd be great on the third line with Pageau going forward in the next few years. I think smith won't be resigned.
I think of him as a perfect 3rd liner, yeah.  still, one acquisition won't change the offensive woes I don't think.
Well who knows. When you don't have all parts to an model working well you have all part overcompensating to try and make it work. And therefore not working effectively.
I'm not gonna pretend I know exactly what's wrong with our lack of scoring but I don't feel like we have a proper top 6. Smith isn't working as a top 6, dzingel has been good but maybe expecting too much from him, Ryan needs to get going, brassard isn't clicking yet but since we don't have a full top 6 Boucher is playing with the line-ups in an effort to get something clicking when really it might be we lack the scoring depth to really solidify the lines.
That may be oversimplistic but I think there's something to it. Was nice to see stone have a really good game. Could be a start for him.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
I'll take the two points though.
And Montreal lost in OT to the panthers.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Those pathetic doctors not clearing him for contact for their pathetic reasons.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

Remember his last concussion? It took him out for a full season. Maybe you need to change your thinking on brain damage and realize that it's actually pretty serious.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

Remember his last concussion?  It took him out for a full season.  Maybe you need to change your thinking on brain damage and realize that it's actually pretty serious.

He's out in the ice and has no symptoms. Completely different.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

Remember his last concussion?  It took him out for a full season.  Maybe you need to change your thinking on brain damage and realize that it's actually pretty serious.

He's out in the ice and has no symptoms. Completely different.

So they take it slow and ensure he remains symptom free for a certain period of time before progressing to the next step. As we've all (except you) stated here before, he's one more good hit from his career being over. If Dorion is smart (and I think he is), he's has a contingency plan ready for Mac being gone forever. The plan might be "status quo", but we'll see.

MarkStone

avatar
Rookie
Rookie
you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
MarkStone wrote:you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

Strange times...

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Mac should come back soon. It's pathetic that he's not even Oracticing wing contact

Remember his last concussion?  It took him out for a full season.  Maybe you need to change your thinking on brain damage and realize that it's actually pretty serious.

He's out in the ice and has no symptoms. Completely different.

So they take it slow and ensure he remains symptom free for a certain period of time before progressing to the next step.  As we've all (except you) stated here before, he's one more good hit from his career being over.  If Dorion is smart (and I think he is), he's has a contingency plan ready for Mac being gone forever. The plan might be "status quo", but we'll see.
Career being over. More about life long lasting side effects.
Not a price you definetely want to pay.

I hope dorion has a plan because this win now plan with an average team(even where we stand in the standing, we got lucky to win and we're relying on our goalies to limit the scores far too much) isn't very convincing.

I know this is dream land but trading for a Saad against a team that wants cap relief is more than perfect. Sens fan pessimism makes me believe it won't happen but what a dream.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Thing is, what would it take to get Saad? I see their combined budget for their top-three centers is under $8M (Dubinsky the only one over $1M). They will want Brown or White.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Thing is, what would it take to get Saad?  I see their combined budget for their top-three centers is under $8M (Dubinsky the only one over $1M).   They will want Brown or White.

Yeah they probably would. "Here's our two firsts, draft your own!"

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
MarkStone wrote:you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

I do NOT understand Washington this year. Core is intact. Basically they're rolling the same team as last year, but all of a sudden their attack seems impotent. 

SJ too. I drafted Thornton this year and so far he's been a complete bust.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:
MarkStone wrote:you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

I do NOT understand Washington this year. Core is intact. Basically they're rolling the same team as last year, but all of a sudden their attack seems impotent. 

SJ too. I drafted Thornton this year and so far he's been a complete bust.

Thornton has 11 points in 16 games...hardly "bust" territory.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
MarkStone wrote:you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

I do NOT understand Washington this year. Core is intact. Basically they're rolling the same team as last year, but all of a sudden their attack seems impotent. 

SJ too. I drafted Thornton this year and so far he's been a complete bust.

Thornton has 11 points in 16 games...hardly "bust" territory.

Not a bust, but 55 points for one of the premiere setup men in recent history is...troubling, I would imagine. Especially when he's 108 years old or whatever he is.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
MarkStone wrote:you know what's funny? Sens have scored more goals the San Jose and have same number of goals as Caps

I do NOT understand Washington this year. Core is intact. Basically they're rolling the same team as last year, but all of a sudden their attack seems impotent. 

SJ too. I drafted Thornton this year and so far he's been a complete bust.

Thornton has 11 points in 16 games...hardly "bust" territory.

I was expecting better. He just seems mediocre. I have lots of 11 point guys, but I was hoping he'd keep up with last year's pace. When I say "bust" I'm saying that just in terms of my expectations.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum