GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Share

    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13351
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:48 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Alrighty...let's see what a faster team can do tonight.  It'll be interesting to see the lines.  I don't think we'll miss Bobby one bit (how can you miss nothing?).

    You can have much worse players take his place. If Ryan was paid only 2 million would there be ground for such complaints? He might not be scoring but for the most part he played well. He might have lapses but I think most players do. The fact that he's still a threat on the ice makes opponents react differently. Having any guy in his place that isn't known for finding the back of the net changes the dynamic of opponents coverage drastically and may help them successfully shut down the guys who do manage to score for us.

    I'm not debating that Ryan isn't providing us what he needs to but to say we'are better off without him is missing what he actually brings.

    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:15 pm

    Tims opinion on Ryan is pretty bad.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by wprager on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:35 pm

    I think Tim wanted a puppy and Bobby had not delivered.
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:42 pm

    Completely dominating the panthers and they get Dung fluke goals. Anderson not good tonight
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 pm

    Yeah, I'm overly harsh on Ryan. I guess my beef is really with Murray for giving him $7.5M. 

    Is it time to give up on this game and watch something else?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I'm overly harsh on Ryan. I guess my beef is really with Murray for giving him $7.5M. 

    Is it time to give up on this game and watch something else?

    Sorry but nobody can bash Ryan's deal. Nobody, if he wasn't signed, the same hypocrites would come out of the closet to blame the budget and the sens being a farm team for other teams.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:53 pm

    We had to sign Ryan, especially considering what we gave up for him. That said, it looks like our evaluation of him was faulty.  Imagine if he keeps declining throughout this deal?
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:We had to sign Ryan, especially considering what we gave up for him. That said, it looks like our evaluation of him was faulty.  Imagine if he keeps declining throughout this deal?

    What was faulty? He has been a consistent top line rw the whole time here.

    Anyway if I'm sens I trade Karlsson for multiple players in the next few years. Stack the team, don't focus on one guy. It's not like he makes us cup contenders.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm

    The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract
    avatar
    Ev
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 21012
    Age : 26
    Location : We The North
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-02-09

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Ev on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:17 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

    We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

    The package he would get would be massiv.e
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16493
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:32 pm

    The "great talent" hasn't been enough yet.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13351
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:43 am

    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

    We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

    The package he would get would be massiv.e
    The days of the lindros deals are dine and over with. Unless it's a McDavid coming the other way we will never win a trade. You look at the last 10 years and it's nearly always been best player in deal that tilts who wins this deal. We would lose. It might be time to deal a high pick and a high prospect for an impact forward. As much as I hate it.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:44 am

    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

    We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

    The package he would get would be massiv.e
    The days of the lindros deals are dine and over with. Unless it's a McDavid coming the other way we will never win a trade. You look at the last 10 years and it's nearly always been best player in deal that tilts who wins this deal. We would lose. It might be time to deal a high pick and a high prospect for an impact forward. As much as I hate it.

    Remember when Lazar was untouchable?
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by wprager on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:53 am

    No, actually.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48302
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by wprager on Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:57 am

    Feels bad. I ended up switching over to the Habs game after reading a tweet how the Habs were barely holding on. Ho hum, another win for Price.

    The Redbacks better win today, so I have something to watch tonight. Driving down to Montreal, hoping to get back before there's to much snow.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Oglethorpe
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Number of posts : 1909
    Age : 49
    Location : Charleston
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2010-08-31

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Oglethorpe on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:36 am

    I realize Brassard hasn't been producing the points expected, but I still love the deal. Brassard is a big upgrade on Z-Bad IMO. Hopefully White or Brown can play the wing next year because I am very comfortable with Brassard/Turris/Pageau as our top 3 centres.

    With Hoffman, Ryan and Stone we still need one more top winger. I wonder if Tampa would still do a Ceci for Drouin deal.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13351
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:56 am

    Oglethorpe wrote:I realize Brassard hasn't been producing the points expected, but I still love the deal.  Brassard is a big upgrade on Z-Bad IMO.  Hopefully White or Brown can play the wing next year because I am very comfortable with Brassard/Turris/Pageau as our top 3 centres.

    With Hoffman, Ryan and Stone we still need one more top winger.  I wonder if Tampa would still do a Ceci for Drouin deal.

    I really doubt that they would. I don't think it ever was a one for one either. I think they wanted a top prospect also.

    Yeah we definetely need another scoring threat up on the left. A JVR/Saad type of player. Sadly I don't see it happening.
    If it did it would likely cost us our 1st, one of our 3 top prospect and a player. Which... I flip flop on wether we should or not.
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13351
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:57 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    Ev wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:The thing about Karlsson is that we are wasting the years we have him under a great contract

    We have given him a lot of talent to work with. We don't need him to win the cup IMO.

    The package he would get would be massiv.e
    The days of the lindros deals are dine and over with. Unless it's a McDavid coming the other way we will never win a trade. You look at the last 10 years and it's nearly always been best player in deal that tilts who wins this deal. We would lose. It might be time to deal a high pick and a high prospect for an impact forward. As much as I hate it.

    Remember when Lazar was untouchable?
    Did I ever say that? I can't remember thinking it. I never thought he'd be much more than a fringe top 6. I remember thinking the best he could be would be a 3rd line center with some scoring potential.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GDT - Game #18: Panthers @ Sens, Nov 19, 2016, 7:00 pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm