GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Share

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:09 pm

    Sens top pairing are both +5 (best on the team). Unfortunately our second pairing is -8/-9 (worst on the team).

    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:19 pm

    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

    1.57 GAA and .942 SV% -- I think he gives everyone a hard time.

    Holy crap. Just what we need lol.

    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:37 pm

    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:I'd like to beat this team, but I bet Rask gives us a hard time.

    1.57 GAA and .942 SV% -- I think he gives everyone a hard time.

    Holy crap. Just what we need lol.

    He gave up 4 on Tuesday. Just like Price.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:48 pm

    Go SENS GO!!


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:13 pm

    Beauty goal by Stone on a nice pass from The Hoff.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:48 pm

    Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.
    avatar
    kyle turris
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 81
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2016-11-23

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by kyle turris on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:53 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.
    I was just coming in here to post that! Haha.

    Can we all say this is shaping up to be a career year for Turris?
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16331
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:01 pm

    The best part of this game has been how completely we are shutting them down. Less than 20 shots for the Bs with 5 to play now.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:49 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:Nice pass from Bobby on the Turris goal.
    Wow, great pass!
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 pm

    That is one unimpressive boston team lol
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 pm

    Two fantastic passes from two great shooters.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    kyle turris
    Prospect
    Prospect

    Number of posts : 81
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2016-11-23

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by kyle turris on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:10 pm

    PTFlea wrote:That is one unimpressive boston team lol
    Or is it that we're playing better?
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by spader on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:33 pm

    wprager wrote:Two fantastic passes from two great shooters.

    That play was lights out.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 am

    kyle turris wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:That is one unimpressive boston team lol
    Or is it that we're playing better?
    Both.

    Marc Methot is getting even better as he goes along. he looks excellent at both ends of the ice.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:02 am

    First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I. I mostly fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

    So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games? I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54435
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by PTFlea on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:22 am

    wprager wrote:First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I. I mostly fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

    So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games? I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.
    It might just come down to better luck. some of those were chances they'd had before that didnt go in.
    avatar
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 10065
    Age : 37
    Location : Toronto
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by spader on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:47 am

    PTFlea wrote:
    wprager wrote:First period they completely outplayed the Bruins and were down 1-I. I mostly fast forwarded the second but it looked like the majority of the time was spent in the Sens' end of the rink. So, naturally, they score to tie it up.

    So what does everyone think is the difference in offense the last 4-5 games? I think the passing had been much crisper, and the D activates more often. Especially noticeable in the way Boro has been playing. Very quick to pass it off to Wideman in his own zone, and very aggressive in the offensive zone. I guess when the forwards are expecting that they cover the point when the D pinch.
    It might just come down to better luck. some of those were chances they'd had before that didnt go in.

    Ha. The Wideman one certainly required some luck.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 47964
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by wprager on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:24 am

    The Pastrnak one was a shot going wide as well. Anderson put that in off his butt. And there was definitely contact made with him shortly before but they lost the challenge. But what really burns is that it looks like they let up for a second, because it appeared the puck was trapped in Phaneuf's equipment. I'm not saying the whistle should've been blown, but you don't let up *until* you hear the whistle.

    But, other than, once again, letting in the first goal, that one was largely inconsequential.

    If the Sens only allow one goal per game, does it really matter all that much if that's the first goal of the game?


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: GDT - Game #20 Bruins @ Sens, Nov 24, 2016, 7:30 pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:48 pm