who's next to go on the coaching carousel?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54632
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Re: who's next to go on the coaching carousel?

Post by PTFlea on Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:47 am

wprager wrote:According to what Dreger said this morning on 690, Capuano is not on the hot seat. He is safe. Of course that means little if Snow isn't safe, himself, and I don't think he is.

Seeing as how Capuano lives in Snow's basement, I think he might be right.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10071
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 pm

kyle turris wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:What's his face in Calgary could get Dung canned this year too...Gulutzan or whatever his name is.
    i though of him too but since he's new at the job he might get a longer leash to prove he can turn things around. i think they will likely go with a trade before they change the coaching staff.

Just like Bednar in Colorado, they'll give the new coach some latitude and time. I think both teams are more likely to start trading than they are to fire the HC.

Is it time to revisit the Duchene to Ottawa rumours? Sarcasm

On Snow and Cap, I really feel like they'll both be out the door soon. Snow first. That team is a dumpster fire right now.

kyle turris
    Prospect
    Prospect

Number of posts : 81
    Registration date : 2016-11-23

Post by kyle turris on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:35 pm

spader wrote:
    kyle turris wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:What's his face in Calgary could get Dung canned this year too...Gulutzan or whatever his name is.
    i though of him too but since he's new at the job he might get a longer leash to prove he can turn things around. i think they will likely go with a trade before they change the coaching staff.

Just like Bednar in Colorado, they'll give the new coach some latitude and time. I think both teams are more likely to start trading than they are to fire the HC.

On Snow and Cap, I really feel like they'll both be out the door soon. Snow first. That team is a dumpster fire right now.
    Yeah, I honk snow messed up not retaining a few free agents. I think he though a few of the kids were ready to step up.
    They have a few youngsters that should be quite good coming up but similar to what Ottawa is going through with their youngsters still not in the line-up. The only thing is we've managed to keep our guys for the most part or use them as trade.

If he can lock up Tavares long term he might be able to secure his job for a few more years but I don't ink he can do that until next summer. Might be gone by then.

dushene would be nice but again a pipe dream in my opinion. The return would likely be our first, chabot and another NHL player. They'd likely be asking for an NHL Dman. Which we can't really spare at this moment. We're gonna have to start drafting or developing more quality Dmen that can play in the top 4. Having one sure shot in our system isn't good enough. Englund is very debatable. More like crossed fingers on him
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 48305
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 pm

spader wrote:
    kyle turris wrote:

The dumpster fire was up 3-0 on the best player in the world.

Of course, then it was 3-3 in the third before they scored two goals in 3 seconds to win it (winning goal late, then empty-netter off the ensuing face off).

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 pm

wprager wrote:
    spader wrote:
    kyle turris wrote:

The dumpster fire was up 3-0 on the best player in the world.

Of course, then it was 3-3 in the third before they scored two goals in 3 seconds to win it (winning goal late, then empty-netter off the ensuing face off).

Even the worst teams win here and there.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16501
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:53 pm

Prags, the Isles are one of the worst teams in the league, there's no point being all "Pragsy" and trying to be contrarian.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Every team is one of the worst. One of the thirty worst.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:27 am

tim1_2 wrote:Prags, the Isles are one of the worst teams in the league, there's no point being all "Pragsy" and trying to be contrarian.

I believe that when he gets like that he prefers to be called W.P. Rager. Nod
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 am

You guys are just all jealous. That's what mom says.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:28 pm