GDT - Game #27: Sens @ Sharks, Dec 7, 2016, 10:30pm

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10038
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Re: GDT - Game #27: Sens @ Sharks, Dec 7, 2016, 10:30pm

Post by spader on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Flo The Action wrote:Carey price will save them and they will win 1-0 games... don't you know he's their saviour?

On another note I fully expect The habs to pull the trigger on a move soon. Hanzal could very well be the target. They could use him especially once they reach the playoffs. I just can't wait to see what price they wind up paying. All the talk around Montréal is that they are all in. I'm hoping they really are and wind up dealing sergachev and their firsts as long as othe rprospects just so they can fall short again and they will be facing a rebuild within 3 years. Make it so!

They'd have to make some adjustments to fit him in under their cap. Definitely have to send some salary back. The Habs have less than $2M available ($1.7M or so). Hanzal hits for $3.1. So any deal would have to see Zona take on a minimum of +$1.4, but Berg wouldn't leave himself $0 available for call ups. So I'd guess that the Yotes would have to take more like +$2-2.4M in the trade. Only problem? They don't have any space at all. They have some LTIR relief, but I don't know how that works in a deal like this.

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54245
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Hanzal will cost the Habs so much. It's an exciting prospect to think of what they'd give up - and then he'd probably walk when they get bounced in the 2nd round.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:44 pm

PTFlea wrote:Hanzal will cost the Habs so much.  It's an exciting prospect to think of what they'd give up - and then he'd probably walk when they get bounced in the 2nd round.

Oh, I hope so. Mortgage the future for the present. Then fail miserably. Yes, please!
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm

I think they will likely have to part with one of their current player in a deal. That's what the totes want. That might take care of some of that cap. The habs are also looking for another top 4 Dman to play with weber. No ide how they'll make that happen.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm late to the table today, but just wanted to give mad props to the Sens for finding a way to win. Condominator. Well done.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 47682
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:27 pm

From the way they talk on the radio Sergachev is untouchable. I'm sure they could make room for him through LTIR relief. Gally and Desharnais combine for $6.3M cap hit. 8 weeks is roughly 1/3 of the season, do around $2M potential cap relief. That's pretty close to 2/3 off Hanzal's cap hit. There's a little over 2/3 of the season left. Assuming it takes a couple weeks for them to pull the trigger, it would be very, very close.

wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:43 pm

So they move out PK, bring in Weber, Radulov, Shaw, Byron, a few other moves over the last two seasons. A lot of churn. Gotta think the chemistry could suffer. When Price went down they crumbled, and I think that's partially because of the chemistry. And I don't think it was all PK's fault.

I'm predicting the Habs will miss the playoffs next year, and very likely this year, if they don't fix the center position quickly.

spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by spader on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:52 pm

tim1_2 wrote:I'm late to the table today, but just wanted to give mad props to the Sens for finding a way to win.  Condominator.  Well done.  

How about Condonator? Condominator seems like a bit of a reach, and the "m" is clearly just for the sake of a joke.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:16 pm

It was an homage to Hasek, hence "dominator" had to be part of it.

Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12928
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:51 pm

wprager wrote:So they move out PK, bring in Weber, Radulov, Shaw, Byron, a few other moves over the last two seasons. A lot of churn.  Gotta think the chemistry could suffer.  When Price went down they crumbled, and I think that's partially because of the chemistry.  And I don't think it was all PK's fault.

I'm predicting the Habs will miss the playoffs next year, and very likely this year, if they don't fix the center position quickly.
    Unless they trade half their prospect pool for Tavares as it's been reported. Laughing3

Got to love Montreal media.
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by wprager on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:38 am

Speaking of Tavares, look up his goal from last night. Unreal. But then Bouwmeester is known to be soft.

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:53 am

Flo The Action wrote:
    wprager wrote:So they move out PK, bring in Weber, Radulov, Shaw, Byron, a few other moves over the last two seasons. A lot of churn.  Gotta think the chemistry could suffer.  When Price went down they crumbled, and I think that's partially because of the chemistry.  And I don't think it was all PK's fault.

Unless they trade half their prospect pool for Tavares as it's been reported. Laughing3

Got to love Montreal media.

I listened sporadically yesterday and I didn't catch any of that, unfortunately.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16256
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:24 am

You can bet Tavares wants to get the hell away from that team, that's for sure.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24760
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Post by SeawaySensFan on Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:47 am

tim1_2 wrote:You can bet Tavares wants to get the hell away from that team, that's for sure.

And join Your. Ottawa. Senatores. ?!
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13592

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:29 pm

wprager wrote:It was an homage to Hasek, hence "dominator" had to be part of it.

How about Mike THE conDON and use this for him instead of his name? The Don

- Unknown Author
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 13592

Post by Cap'n Clutch on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:32 pm

We just call him The DON or The Don

- Unknown Author