You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #1000 Sens @ Kings, Dec 10, 2016, 4:00 pm

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Yep, it's game #1,000 for NEIL=WIN. Celebrate it in style in Hollywood, Chris. Hope his team-mates give him something to celebrate.

Preview:
Both the Kings and the Sens are sporting a decent 6-3-1 record in their last 10 games. The Sens are -1 in goal-differential while the Quick-less Kings are a very similar -2. The Sens powerplay has ramped up in the last 10 or so games and sits 18th in the league. Feels like not so long ago it was 29th. How good has it been? Well, over their last 10 games they have gone 9 for 33, which is a very good 27.27% (NHL leading Columbus Bluejackets click at just 24.6%). Over their last 5 they are 7/22, or 31.8%. And that stretch includes the 0 for 7 against the Panthers (which they still won 2-0). Perhaps not-surprisingly, over that stretch Karlsson has caught and passed Weber and Burns in the defenseman scoring race. With 7 points in his last 2 games EK is back on the PPG pace he set last season, while increasing his SH TOI by a full minute, and also leading the league in blocked shots. So much for "Karlsson doesn't play defense". And while his +5 is far down the list (tied for 41st among D-men) you have to consider this in the context of his team's goal differential (in case anyone cares, Doughty is +3). In addition to the Karlsson vs. Doughty angle, this game will also feature Stone vs. Kopitar (last season's Selke winner). Last year Stone, again, led the league in takeaways, but his -4 on the year definitely ruled him out of the Selke discussion (Kopitar was +34 and also had 74 points to Stone's 61). Neither Kopitar nor Bergeron (who won the previous two years) are having great years, offensively, so it's wide-open for Stone to be in the conversation. He will need to improve his +1 -- not an easy task, given the Sens' goal differential.

Here's a nice write-up on Chris Neil:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jared-Crozier/Chris-Neil---1000-games-the-hard-way/215/81245

1,000 games, nearly 2,500 minutes and zero suspensions.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Neil = Win. The guy doesn't get enough credit for everything he's done, but it should be a great celebration for him on Wednesday back at the CTC.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
All hail Chris Neil.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Let's dominate them like we did San Jose!  Sarcasm

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Methot back in. Buddy status in. Varone still sits.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Yep, it's game #1,000 for NEIL=WIN.  Celebrate it in style in Hollywood, Chris.  Hope his team-mates give him something to celebrate.  

Preview:
Both the Kings and the Sens are sporting a decent 6-3-1 record in their last 10 games.  The Sens are -1 in goal-differential while the Quick-less Kings are a very similar -2.  The Sens powerplay has ramped up in the last 10 or so games and sits 18th in the league.  Feels like not so long ago it was 29th.  How good has it been?  Well, over their last 10 games they have gone 9 for 33, which is a very good 27.27% (NHL leading Columbus Bluejackets click at just 24.6%).  Over their last 5 they are 7/22, or 31.8%.  And that stretch includes the 0 for 7 against the Panthers (which they still won 2-0).  Perhaps not-surprisingly, over that stretch Karlsson has caught and passed Weber and Burns in the defenseman scoring race.  With 7 points in his last 2 games EK is back on the PPG pace he set last season, while increasing his SH TOI by a full minute, and also leading the league in blocked shots.  So much for "Karlsson doesn't play defense".  And while his +5 is far down the list (tied for 41st among D-men) you have to consider this in the context of his team's goal differential (in case anyone cares, Doughty is +3).  In addition to the Karlsson vs. Doughty angle, this game will also feature Stone vs. Kopitar (last season's Selke winner).  Last year Stone, again, led the league in takeaways, but his -4 on the year definitely ruled him out of the Selke discussion (Kopitar was +34 and also had 74 points to Stone's 61).  Neither Kopitar nor Bergeron (who won the previous two years) are having great years, offensively, so it's wide-open for Stone to be in the conversation.  He will need to improve his +1 -- not an easy task, given the Sens' goal differential.  

Here's a nice write-up on Chris Neil:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Jared-Crozier/Chris-Neil---1000-games-the-hard-way/215/81245

1,000 games, nearly 2,500 minutes and zero suspensions.  

I'd bet on him getting into 2 fights tonight to make it.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Well that was a sad game to watch. At least we played better than San Jose. I guess it's karma for winning the sjs game.

Ev

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I was at the games. We dominated the kings in the second. I felt we deserved at least a point.

San Jose is way better than LA as a hockey city. My god the LA fans behind me were dumb. They said Jeff carter was traded from Washington and they thought turris was a rookie

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:I was at the games. We dominated the kings in the second. I felt we deserved at least a point.

San Jose is way better than LA as a hockey city. My god the LA fans behind me were dumb. They said Jeff carter was traded from Washington and they thought turris was a rookie
Laugh1

Well at least they can get fans that know little about hockey to buy tickets?


Lucky you. LA sounds like a blast of a city.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Just my luck. I was in Montreal, so could only follow the game on Twitter. On the way back I could only listen to 690 and made it to Pacioretty's hattrick before switching it to the MLS championship game. Guess all the goals were used up in the semis.  What a sport. You can won a championship without a shot on goal through two hours.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:Just my luck. I was in Montreal, so could only follow the game on Twitter. On the way back I could only listen to 690 and made it to Pacioretty's hattrick before switching it to the MLS championship game. Guess all the goals were used up in the semis.  What a sport. You can won a championship without a shot on goal through two hours.
Hows your data plan?

I use the TSNGO app on my phone when I'm coming home from school late and I'm missing the first two periods to listen to them on the radio. Can't tell you exactly how much it eats data but not really much more than 50mgs for a game. I have 4 Gs of data and rarely go over 2 a month.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ev wrote:I was at the games. We dominated the kings in the second. I felt we deserved at least a point.

San Jose is way better than LA as a hockey city. My god the LA fans behind me were dumb. They said Jeff carter was traded from Washington and they thought turris was a rookie
Wow, really?

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I have a half gig, but WiFi at my mom's place. But when visiting I'm not going to listen to streaming radio. The gang was practically over by the time i was driving back.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum