You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #32: Sens @ Isles, Dec 18, 2016, 7:00pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
SeawaySensFan wrote:We're gonna have to go ahead and win this one. Young Smitty heating up...

Great post.

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I look forward to a MacArthur - Smith - Pageau line, or a Dzingel - Smith - Pageau line. Anything that completes our top 9 will please me greatly.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:I look forward to a MacArthur - Smith - Pageau line, or a Dzingel - Smith - Pageau line.  Anything that completes our top 9 will please me greatly.  
Who's playing right wing on that line? I don't ink we should move smith to center if that's what you are suggesting. He's much better when he's playing on he wing.

With mac coming back it makes me wonder about the lines next year. We really need to upgrade on that 2nd line LW. That said let's just wait and see if mac makes it the rest of the year.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It's nice to see Ryan finally getting a couple goals, but these last couple have been total flukes. I won't complain if he scores 30 that way, but time will tell....

Anyway, good W last night. Ya gotta beat up on the crap teams and stay competitive with the good teams. Nice to see Stone and Smith get hot. The poor Hamburglar...he looked good there briefly, and then hurt himself on a nothing play, probably because he's a little out of shape.

I feel so bad for Johnny T. That guy is going to be hopping on the first train out of there, whether it's a trade or via free agency.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
If we have a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup. But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.

As they noted on the broadcast last night, the Sens haven't had a full, healthy lineup at all this year. Between Mac, Anderson, etc etc, it's pretty impressive that they are where they are.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I look forward to a MacArthur - Smith - Pageau line, or a Dzingel - Smith - Pageau line.  Anything that completes our top 9 will please me greatly.  
Who's playing right wing on that line?  I don't ink we should move smith to center if that's what you are suggesting. He's much better when he's playing on he wing.

With mac coming back it makes me wonder about the lines next year. We really need to upgrade on that 2nd line LW. That said let's just wait and see if mac makes it the rest of the year.

Pageau would play wing because I don't see another option.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Everyone's hot and horny to get Smith out of the top 6 again, but I think he's proven over the last couple games (and last year) that maybe he should stick around there?

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:Everyone's hot and horny to get Smith out of the top 6 again, but I think he's proven over the last couple games (and last year) that maybe he should stick around there?  
It's all about a powerful top 9 though, right?

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.

As they noted on the broadcast last night, the Sens haven't had a full, healthy lineup at all this year.  Between Mac, Anderson, etc etc, it's pretty impressive that they are where they are.  
Even with a healthy line-up. Mac hasn't really played hockey in close to 2 years, the chance that he's gonna come on the ice and be a 20+ goal scorer aren't that good.
I would really be happy if he was our 3rd line winger. If he stayed healthy.
That said we still need a legit 2nd line LW

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.
See I don't know.
To me it's not so much about the fact that we can fill spots on the line-up with guys that can play in those spots but more of the quality of guys that are in those spots. I still think we need upgrades on some of our guys if we truly want to compete for a cup.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.

As they noted on the broadcast last night, the Sens haven't had a full, healthy lineup at all this year.  Between Mac, Anderson, etc etc, it's pretty impressive that they are where they are.  

Everyone looks at their goal differential and thinks that this team is not as good as their record indicates. But the other way to look at it is that they've had to deal with injuries/etc (don't forget Ryan, Lazar missing the first 20 because of mono, Stone missed most of the camp, Methot/Phaneuf have been less than 100%, Boro/Hoffman suspensions) and because of that are not winning by more than one goal very often. But they *are* winning. 6 points up on the Florida teams means they will still be top-three in the Division at the break. Chicago will be a tough one because they are just humming. Typically Anderson would get the start there (his home town) but this time around, not having practiced in over a week, even if he was back with the team you'd think Condon will get the start. Then we host what should be a pretty tired Ducks team before the Christmas break. Anaheim will be playing their 6th game in 9 nights on the road, 3rd game in four nights. With any luck we get 3 points out of those two games. Panthers play Buffalo and Boston -- could very well be 0 points for them, there. Lightning have Detroit and St. Louis, so not easy for them, either. We could, conceivably, hold a double-digit lead. That's pretty much insurmountable at any point in the season, but especially after 30 games.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.
See I don't know.
To me it's not so much about the fact that we can fill spots on the line-up with guys that can play in those spots but more of the quality of guys that are in those spots. I still think we need upgrades on some of our guys if we truly want to compete for a cup.

And what I'm saying is *because* he's getting paid like a top-six we won't be upgrading anytime soon.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote: If we have  a third line that looks something like Mac-Pageau-Smitj and it truly is our third line (meaning two other lines that are increasingly better) then we would definitely be competing for there Cup.  But then we would have a third line with a cap hit of around $7.5M (and going up when Pageau gets a raise from his $900K).

Mac is paid like a top six forward.
See I don't know.
To me it's not so much about the fact that we can fill spots on the line-up with guys that can play in those spots but more of the quality of guys that are in those spots. I still think we need upgrades on some of our guys if we truly want to compete for a cup.

And what I'm saying is *because* he's getting paid like a top-six we won't be upgrading anytime soon.
That could very well be true. Poor attendance won't convince Melnyk to spend more. Even though it should be the other way round.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I think you focus on defence this year.  Upgrade the 2nd pairing so Ceci can anchor the 3rd pairing.

Or go all in for Duchene.   Still love that guy and we don't have a game breaking forward.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:I think you focus on defence this year.  Upgrade the 2nd pairing so Ceci can anchor the 3rd pairing.

Or go all in for Duchene.   Still love that guy and we don't have a game breaking forward.

Ceci has had several games where he's had more five-on-five ice time than Karlsson. Last night he had the most ice time (total ice time) of all skaters for both teams. Doesn't sound like someone being groomed for the third pairing. Could be he's being showcased, or they just want to keep Karlsson fresher for the powerplays and the post-season. Regardless, you won't see him on the third pairing next year.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:I think you focus on defence this year.  Upgrade the 2nd pairing so Ceci can anchor the 3rd pairing.

Or go all in for Duchene.   Still love that guy and we don't have a game breaking forward.

Ceci is the golden boy. We (the fans) are stuck with him stinking it up for the next decade.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It does seem that Ceci's being showcased to increase trade value, but I have a hard time imagining Boucher would do that given the dogfight it's going to be to make the playoffs. The ice time thing is weird.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum