GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Share
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:41 am

    Since the Chris Neil shootout attempt that allegedly (according to Nilan and Melnick on 690) cost the Senators a point and possible playoff spot, the Senators are 3-0 (all in regulation) with wings over the best and worst teams on the league, as well as wins on consecutive nights with travel. I strongly believe that giving Neil a shot in the game where they celebrated his 1,000 games was a pretty significant team chemistry building event, and also went a long way to relieving the player/coach tension that was likely amped up after the video of a screaming, stick slamming Boucher went viral.

    The Ducks were embarrassed by the Habs 5-1 in their previous outing, so they will not be in a festive mood. On the other hand the Sens must still remember the "no show all around" comment from Boucher after their previous game against Anaheim, a similar 5-1 drubbing. What I'm trying to say is the players certainly won't be exchanging gifts and singing carols in four part harmony, tonight.

    As always, go Sens go!!!


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 am

    McGuire kind of dismissed any notion of the Sens wanting to get revenge for the recent 5 - 1 loss but cautioned that Ottawa should "watch out" for an angry Ducks team that lost against the Habs in their last game. Also he gushed about Datsyuk and Bowman, as usual.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:33 am

    I forgot to mention that I'll be in attendance with drunk friends and expect nothing but perfection from the home team.

    Watch out for Vermette in the faceoff circle...he's leading the league again.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:14 am

    tim1_2 wrote:I forgot to mention that I'll be in attendance with drunk friends and expect nothing but perfection from the home team.

    Watch out for Vermette in the faceoff circle...he's leading the league again.

    I wouldn't have minded that Vermette on our very own roster. Oh well.
    avatar
    Cap'n Clutch
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 13624
    Age : 44
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by Cap'n Clutch on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:McGuire kind of dismissed any notion of the Sens wanting to get revenge for the recent 5 - 1 loss but cautioned that Ottawa should "watch out" for an angry Ducks team that lost against the Habs in their last game. Also he gushed about Datsyuk and Bowman, as usual.

    The Ducks should guard against fatigue from their extended road trip. How will they do that you ask? I guess that anger McGuire spoke of will help LOL.


    _________________
    "A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world."

    - Unknown Author
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am

    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I forgot to mention that I'll be in attendance with drunk friends and expect nothing but perfection from the home team.

    Watch out for Vermette in the faceoff circle...he's leading the league again.

    I wouldn't have minded that Vermette on our very own roster. Oh well.

    I think I would take Vermette over Kelly, but what can ya do.
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:50 am

    Cap'n Clutch wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:McGuire kind of dismissed any notion of the Sens wanting to get revenge for the recent 5 - 1 loss but cautioned that Ottawa should "watch out" for an angry Ducks team that lost against the Habs in their last game. Also he gushed about Datsyuk and Bowman, as usual.

    The Ducks should guard against fatigue from their extended road trip. How will they do that you ask? I guess that anger McGuire spoke of will help LOL.

    Plus they are a "very professional" group.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 am

    Ah, perfect. Instead of the Mighty Ducks we get the Angry Birds.

    Of course the Senatores of the City Ottawa are top happy about the 4 game winning streak and 4 point lead to get very angry about the 5-1 loss 11 days ago.

    You know, pouring out like that, maybe Pierre has a point. The one thing going for them is Boucher's degree in psychology.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

    Number of posts : 13344
    Age : 41
    Location : montreal
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by Flo The Action on Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 am

    Won't be able to watch the game. Likely means a win. Usually does when I'm out.
    avatar
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

    Number of posts : 54629
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by PTFlea on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:24 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:I forgot to mention that I'll be in attendance with drunk friends and expect nothing but perfection from the home team.

    Watch out for Vermette in the faceoff circle...he's leading the league again.

    I wouldn't have minded that Vermette on our very own roster. Oh well.

    I think I would take Vermette over Kelly, but what can ya do.

    Ditto. I thought we had a real chance at him.
    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:40 pm

    Stone is a game-time decision.

    :rp:


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox
    avatar
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 24783
    Age : 46
    Location : Cornwall, ON
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by SeawaySensFan on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:42 pm

    Flo The Action wrote:Won't be able to watch the game. Likely means a win. Usually does when I'm out.

    See you in 2025?
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:33 pm

    If Stone can't go, the Sens will go with 11 F and 7 D. I sure hope Stone can play. Him and Turris are the two most important forwards in my opinion.
    avatar
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

    Number of posts : 16491
    Age : 35
    Location : Ottawa
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by tim1_2 on Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:21 pm

    Ripped shamelessly from the @Senators account:

    avatar
    wprager
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Number of posts : 48298
    Age : 56
    Location : Kanata
    Favorite Team : Ottawa
    Registration date : 2008-08-05

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by wprager on Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm

    tim1_2 wrote:I forgot to mention that I'll be in attendance with durunk friends and expect nothing but perfection from the home team.

    My brother in law has an office party so he's giving me his tickets. Bell Club Seats. Find out how the other half lives.


    _________________
    Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
    - Dicky Fox

    Sponsored content

    Re: GDT - Game #34: Ducks @ Sens, Dec 22, 2016, 7:30pm

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm