You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #40: Pens @ Sens, Jan 12, 2017, 7:30pm

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Well the EV hypothesis was broken tonight. Good showing by the Ottawa senators. Bobby ryan showing up is always a nice thing. Hopefully he's got a fire lit under his Donkey now

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
Stone really heating up, does he make it to 30 this year?

SeawaySensFan


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:That interview in between the 1st and second with Ryan. He looks ticked off, seems to have a chip on his back with the media.

He sure does.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:That interview in between the 1st and second with Ryan. He looks ticked off, seems to have a chip on his back with the media.

And rightfully so.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:Stone really heating up, does he make it to 30 this year?
Yeah, was wondering the same.  Maybe, either way, what a good player!

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
I thought Ryan was very strong, I just can't understand that guy with his indifferent play,  injuries aside,  he clearly can still be effective. 

Brassard heating up big as well.

And Condon. ..man...5th round pick,  how bout that.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:I thought Ryan was very strong, I just can't understand that guy with his indifferent play,  injuries aside,  he clearly can still be effective. 

Brassard heating up big as well.

And Condon. ..man...5th round pick,  how bout that.
I think the second half will be more telling. New system, a few new players, defined roles. We should really see what we have. IMO it's still not enough but we'all see what we really have.


A good takeaway from this game is that we can beat a really tired penguin team! Sarcasm

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Rusty Murray too, but ottawa played really well.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:Rusty Murray too, but ottawa played really well.
Im kidding, but I'll take any win at this point.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Rusty Murray too, but ottawa played really well.
Im kidding, but I'll take any win at this point.


We've lost more than our share against "tired" teams. Good to get the win tonight and will be even better to destroy the Leaves.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Tired or not, Crosby had something like one or two shots on goal and zero points. Boucher said that Hoffman is the kind of player who needs a challenge or he falls asleep. He checked McDavid and Crosby. Guess Hoffman was awake.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:Tired or not, Crosby had something like one or two shots on goal and zero points. Boucher said that Hoffman is the kind of player who needs a challenge or he falls asleep. He checked McDavid and Crosby. Guess Hoffman was awake.

I think we discussed Boucher's past relationship with Hoffman and he seems to know how to get the most out of him. Hoffman has some great assets that can make him effective on either side of the ice, we've seen glimpses before. If Boucher can get that complete game out of him, and it appears he can, we've got a real star in The Hoffer.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Yeah, this was one story line worth watching from game 1.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Great game. That was a fun one to watch. I wonder if there are still a host of people on HF who think that Condon for a 5th was poor asset management. Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
spader wrote:Great game. That was a fun one to watch. I wonder if there are still a host of people on HF who think that Condon for a 5th was poor asset management. Laugh1

People are incredibly misguided when it comes to assigning value to a draft pick.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
spader wrote:Great game. That was a fun one to watch. I wonder if there are still a host of people on HF who think that Condon for a 5th was poor asset management. Laugh1

It's easy being right hindsight. What were people saying here when Condon was signed!


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I was a condon doubtful, but only because of his body of work in Montreal. He gave a Dung ton of rebounds when there. Wasn't nearly as effective as he is here. We're also playing ba better defensive system than what was being played in Montreal

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Great W! Ottawa played VERY well outside of the first five minutes of the 3rd period. Very strong game, Condon was great.

I wouldn't heap praise on Bobby R just yet...he had one semi-weak PP goal and then wasn't overly noticeable the rest of the night. The one nice thing about his goal was he actually didn't think and just tried to shoot it. If he keeps scoring garbage goals, that's fine, we'll take it!

Stone was amazing, Hoffman was backchecking, even Lazar was in on a couple opportunities. Karlsson was great...just a really complete victory.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum