Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 24754
    Registration date : 2008-12-02

Re: Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 am

PTFlea wrote:Any word on Mac? I would imagine he's targeting Saturday, but all is quiet.

All I've seen lately are reports that scream "setback" to me. Not sure where you're getting a Saturday return?

PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Number of posts : 54243
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:12 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:Any word on Mac? I would imagine he's targeting Saturday, but all is quiet.

All I've seen lately are reports that scream "setback" to me. Not sure where you're getting a Saturday return?

It's right in line with what was predicted if he could pass the baselines. The setback stuff you're referring to is no news on the tests? Or Dorion and Boucher sitting down to talk about it? Not sure if that's setback stuff, or prepping for action. Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:18 am

PTFlea wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

It's right in line with what was predicted if he could pass the baselines. The setback stuff you're referring to is no news on the tests? Or Dorion and Boucher sitting down to talk about it? Not sure if that's setback stuff, or prepping for action. Ahhhhh!

You'll find the latest here:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/boucher-pleased-with-progress-as-senators-prime-for-playoff-push

Nothing conclusive but it looks like he's not going on the road trip, as originally planned. And "further examination" may be needed, according to Boucher.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Favorite Team : Ottawa

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:21 am

SeawaySensFan wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:
    SeawaySensFan wrote:

You'll find the latest here:

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/senatorsextra/boucher-pleased-with-progress-as-senators-prime-for-playoff-push

Nothing conclusive but it looks like he's not going on the road trip, as originally planned. And "further examination" may be needed, according to Boucher.

Ah, I thought he was going on the trip with no intention of playing. Yeah, that probably changes the timeline.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Number of posts : 16254
    Registration date : 2011-01-07

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:22 am

The chumps on TSN 1200 this morning were talking about how Mac would've retired if he didn't think he could come back. What they somehow fail to realize is that he would take a big financial hit if he retired. It's the same as why guys like Savard, Pronger, Horton, etc etc won't retire until after they're contracts are over.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 am

tim1_2 wrote:The chumps on TSN 1200 this morning were talking about how Mac would've retired if he didn't think he could come back. What they somehow fail to realize is that he would take a big financial hit if he retired. It's the same as why guys like Savard, Pronger, Horton, etc etc won't retire until after they're contracts are over.

Why would they think that? And how the heck are they paid for that kind of intel?
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 12918
    Registration date : 2008-12-18

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:52 am

I didn't watch the last game but I listened to the post game show and heard the guys talk about how one of Karlsson's shot hit the cross bar. So.... how does he not have a shot on goal in four games? Flaud statistics.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:54 am

So the sens have more regulation wins than the leafs but even amount of points. How the hell are they ahead of us in the standings? Ok, so they have more goals for but since when is that the barometer to gauge who is ahead in a tie? Ridiculous.
    SeawaySensFan
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by SeawaySensFan on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 am

tim1_2 wrote:The chumps on TSN 1200 this morning were talking about how Mac would've retired if he didn't think he could come back. What they somehow fail to realize is that he would take a big financial hit if he retired. It's the same as why guys like Savard, Pronger, Horton, etc etc won't retire until after they're contracts are over.

They should stick to dazzling us with their awareness of US American football.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:17 am

Flo The Action wrote:I didn't watch the last game but I listened to the post game show and heard the guys talk about how one of Karlsson's shot hit the cross bar. So.... how does he not have a shot on goal in four games? Flaud statistics.

A shot that hits a post and doesn't go in is not counted as a shot on goal.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:35 am

tim1_2 wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:I didn't watch the last game but I listened to the post game show and heard the guys talk about how one of Karlsson's shot hit the cross bar. So.... how does he not have a shot on goal in four games? Flaud statistics.

That's a bit odd isn't it? I mean "goal post". The words themselves indicate a shot on goal.
    tim1_2
    Franchise Player
    Franchise Player

Post by tim1_2 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

A shot should be a shot on goal that would have gone in if the goalie didn't stop it. A shot on goal should not include a shot that hit the post and didn't go in. They have it right.
    PTFlea
    Co-Founder
    Co-Founder

Post by PTFlea on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Flo The Action wrote:So the sens have more regulation wins than the leafs but even amount of points. How the hell are they ahead of us in the standings? Ok, so they have more goals for but since when is that the barometer to gauge who is ahead in a tie? Ridiculous.

That's wrong unless they have less games played. It's regulation wins and OT wins that determine standings, followed by head to head records.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:00 pm

PTFlea wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:So the sens have more regulation wins than the leafs but even amount of points. How the hell are they ahead of us in the standings? Ok, so they have more goals for but since when is that the barometer to gauge who is ahead in a tie? Ridiculous.

That's wrong unless they have less games played. It's regulation wins and OT wins that determine standings, followed by head to head records.
    Same amount of games played. Look it up for yourself on tsn.
    Again, putting the nations darling ahead of us, without any regards towards the rules.
    Soon they'll just give them an automatic playoff spot because they're the leafs.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    tim1_2 wrote:

That's a bit odd isn't it? I mean "goal post". The words themselves indicate a shot on goal.

Shots on goal minus goals should equal saves. Just like how a shot that hits the goal post isn't a save, it isn't a shot. If it hits the post it's the same as missing by 10 feet. It wasn't going in the net.
    spader
    All-Star
    All-Star

Number of posts : 10037
    Registration date : 2009-07-09

Post by spader on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

Again, putting the nations darling ahead of us, without any regards towards the rules.
    Soon they'll just give them an automatic playoff spot because they're the leafs.

They each have 19 ROWs. Where are you guys getting your info from? Also, I believe the season series is tied at 1 win each (right?), but since the Sens win came in OT, the Leafs have gotten 3 points to the Sens 2 in the season series and therefore are correctly slotted ahead of the Sens.

The tie breaking procedure goes like this:
    1. Points percentage (or fewer games played)
    2. Most ROW
    3. Season series point
    4. Best goal differential
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Lazard makes it to 12th on the list of players that could be moved leading up to the deadline (tsn)
    One could only hope. Although I doubt Lazard is delt in any deal for a rental. I'm sure his name is out there.
    Flo The Action
    All-Star
    All-Star

Post by Flo The Action on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:45 pm

spader wrote:
    Flo The Action wrote:
    PTFlea wrote:

They each have 19 ROWs. Where are you guys getting your info from? Also, I believe the season series is tied at 1 win each (right?), but since the Sens win came in OT, the Leafs have gotten 3 points to the Sens 2 in the season series and therefore are correctly slotted ahead of the Sens.

The tie breaking procedure goes like this:
    1. Points percentage (or fewer games played)
    2. Most ROW
    3. Season series point
    4. Best goal differential

The sens have 22 regular wins with 4 OTL
    The leafs have 20 regular wins with 8 OTL, how are they ahead of us. It makes no sense that they should be ahead of us. We've won more games and played the same amount of games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 am