You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships


Veteran
Veteran
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Lazard makes it to 12th on the list of players that could be moved leading up to the deadline (tsn)
One could only hope. Although I doubt Lazard is delt in any deal for a rental. I'm sure his name is out there.

It should have been out there when he had value.  

We all thought we had a stud on our hands with Lazar. This isn't the first time it has happened with a Sens prospect (see: Cowen, Daigle, etc)

The only way we get value for Lazar is in a package deal. I also think Ceci is grossly over-rated. Lots of ice-time but he's -11 with 5 points on the season. That's not counting all of the times opponents have scored while the Sens are on the PK with Ceci on the ice. Wideman is a +5 with 9 points on the season playing with Boro. Phaneuf with 18 points and a -3.

I think Wideman can handle a few extra minutes if needed. Chabot will likely be in the NHL next year. Michael Stone is a UFA. Arizona likely looking to off-load.

Package our 1st, Ceci, and Lazar for Duchene.
Trade a mid-round pick for Stone

Go Sens Go

PTFlea


Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Lazard makes it to 12th on the list of players that could be moved leading up to the deadline (tsn)
One could only hope. Although I doubt Lazard is delt in any deal for a rental. I'm sure his name is out there.

It should have been out there when he had value.  

We all thought we had a stud on our hands with Lazar. This isn't the first time it has happened with a Sens prospect (see: Cowen, Daigle, etc)

The only way we get value for Lazar is in a package deal. I also think Ceci is grossly over-rated. Lots of ice-time but he's -11 with 5 points on the season. That's not counting all of the times opponents have scored while the Sens are on the PK with Ceci on the ice. Wideman is a +5 with 9 points on the season playing with Boro. Phaneuf with 18 points and a -3.

I think Wideman can handle a few extra minutes if needed. Chabot will likely be in the NHL next year. Michael Stone is a UFA. Arizona likely looking to off-load.

Package our 1st, Ceci, and Lazar for Duchene.
Trade a mid-round pick for Stone

Go Sens Go

First, I think Colorado would want Chabot + 1, Lazar doesn't matter to them. 2nd, Ceci plays heavy, hard minutes against opponent's top lines. You put little Wideman in that position and you're asking for disaster.

The only way I think we can make it with trading Ceci is moving Claesson into the 4th D-man position and moving Phaneuf over to the right, but even then...

Mid round pick for Stone would be nice, but he's the type of player than can net a 3rd or even a 2nd come the trade deadline.

Flo The Action


All-Star
All-Star
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Lazard makes it to 12th on the list of players that could be moved leading up to the deadline (tsn)
One could only hope. Although I doubt Lazard is delt in any deal for a rental. I'm sure his name is out there.

It should have been out there when he had value.  

We all thought we had a stud on our hands with Lazar. This isn't the first time it has happened with a Sens prospect (see: Cowen, Daigle, etc)

The only way we get value for Lazar is in a package deal. I also think Ceci is grossly over-rated. Lots of ice-time but he's -11 with 5 points on the season. That's not counting all of the times opponents have scored while the Sens are on the PK with Ceci on the ice. Wideman is a +5 with 9 points on the season playing with Boro. Phaneuf with 18 points and a -3.

I think Wideman can handle a few extra minutes if needed. Chabot will likely be in the NHL next year. Michael Stone is a UFA. Arizona likely looking to off-load.

Package our 1st, Ceci, and Lazar for Duchene.
Trade a mid-round pick for Stone



Go Sens Go
I would jump on that offer in a heartbeat. Unfortunately if that's the offer we send to Colorado now I think they pass and revisit it in the off season when more teams get on the bidding. My guess is then they might get a better offer. But who knows, maybe they really like ceci and lazar. Of course they would ask for chabot. But that's not happening.

Personally in terms of going into the playoffs we might be better served by keeping ceci. This is a deal that takes place before the expansion draft so we can retain Methot.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Lazard makes it to 12th on the list of players that could be moved leading up to the deadline (tsn)
One could only hope. Although I doubt Lazard is delt in any deal for a rental. I'm sure his name is out there.

It should have been out there when he had value.  

We all thought we had a stud on our hands with Lazar. This isn't the first time it has happened with a Sens prospect (see: Cowen, Daigle, etc)

The only way we get value for Lazar is in a package deal. I also think Ceci is grossly over-rated. Lots of ice-time but he's -11 with 5 points on the season. That's not counting all of the times opponents have scored while the Sens are on the PK with Ceci on the ice. Wideman is a +5 with 9 points on the season playing with Boro. Phaneuf with 18 points and a -3.

I think Wideman can handle a few extra minutes if needed. Chabot will likely be in the NHL next year. Michael Stone is a UFA. Arizona likely looking to off-load.

Package our 1st, Ceci, and Lazar for Duchene.
Trade a mid-round pick for Stone

Go Sens Go

This will work. Please proceed. Before too many people wise up to what a mediocre player The Cecer really is.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I don't think Ceci is mediocre, but I think he is given more ice time and against harder competition than he can handle. Good news is the Sens are still winning and Ceci is gaining valuable experience. And Karlsson will be nice and fresh when the playoffs begin.

P.S. Also with the stats he has, the extension will be very reasonable.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
wprager wrote:I don't think Ceci is mediocre,  but I think he is given more ice time and against harder competition than he can handle. Good news is the Sens are still winning and Ceci is gaining valuable experience. And Karlsson will be nice and fresh when the playoffs begin.

P.S. Also with the stats he has,  the extension will be very reasonable.

That's clearly been the plan thus far. The games are getting more and more important so it will be interesting to see what happens as we now are fighting to stay in the playoff picture.

wprager

avatar
Administrator
Administrator
I'm not sure anything is clear as far as Ceci is concerned. It could also be possible that he's being showcased, as we have discussed here. If so, the showcasing has not gone all that well, but it's still a possibility.

All I knows is that it's too early to give up on the player and that his performance -- in light of his age and experience level -- is, at least, understandable.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on. I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that. Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run. He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late. I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that. That's his problem. Everything else about his game is good.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on.  I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that.  Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run.  He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late.  I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that.  That's his problem.  Everything else about his game is good.

Keep stubbornly insisting that Ceci is a good player, like you did with young Lazar. Until you realize I was right all along about this player too. As usual. I see you're headed that way having finally realized the low hockey IQ problem.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on.  I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that.  Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run.  He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late.  I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that.  That's his problem.  Everything else about his game is good.

Keep stubbornly insisting that Ceci is a good player, like you did with young Lazar. Until you realize I was right all along about this player too. As usual. I see you're headed that way having finally realized the low hockey IQ problem.

How can you watch the games and not think Ceci is a good player? He's fine, but his low hockey IQ will stop him from ever being more than that.

SensHulk

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
I've actually come around to accept that I could live without Ceci. I think he's good, but I'd be willing to part ways with him if the piece coming back was significant. In hindsight, if that Ceci for Drouin deal was legit.....I think that would have helped us big time.

My rationale is also based on the fact that Phaneuf can play the right side and he's not going anywhere with that contract

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on.  I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that.  Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run.  He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late.  I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that.  That's his problem.  Everything else about his game is good.

Keep stubbornly insisting that Ceci is a good player, like you did with young Lazar. Until you realize I was right all along about this player too. As usual. I see you're headed that way having finally realized the low hockey IQ problem.

How can you watch the games and not think Ceci is a good player?  He's fine, but his low hockey IQ will stop him from ever being more than that.

I'll take my assessment of players over yours any time Mr. Lazar is Fantastic.

tim1_2

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
The thing with defencemen toois that there always seems to be a bunch of 2nd pairing guys available every year via free agency, so Ceci wouldn't be that hard to replace.

PTFlea

avatar
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on.  I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that.  Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run.  He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late.  I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that.  That's his problem.  Everything else about his game is good.

Keep stubbornly insisting that Ceci is a good player, like you did with young Lazar. Until you realize I was right all along about this player too. As usual. I see you're headed that way having finally realized the low hockey IQ problem.

How can you watch the games and not think Ceci is a good player?  He's fine, but his low hockey IQ will stop him from ever being more than that.

I'll take my assessment of players over yours any time Mr. Lazar is Fantastic.  

Laugh1 Okay.

Flo The Action

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:The thing with defencemen toois that there always seems to be a bunch of 2nd pairing guys available every year via free agency, so Ceci wouldn't be that hard to replace.

When was the last time we made a worthy addition to the top 4? Gonchar, when Melnyk still had delusions about us winning a cup (going far into the playoffs)

I wouldn't put much stock into us doing anything significant in the FA market. Mostly depth at a cheap price.

SeawaySensFan

avatar
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ceci's been pretty good from about game 15 on.  I wouldn't mind at all keeping him around, not sure how we can do that.  Can we do a 4 forward/4 defence/1 goalie expansion thing?

If so, do you protect Pageau or Dzingel over Ceci, or do you let Vegas pick one of them?

Anyway...in my eyes, Ceci's on ice hockey IQ is a step below most and that's gonna cost him in the long run.  He's very slow to react sometimes and makes his decision an instant too late.  I've noticed this for the last year or so, I guess I wasn't really noticing it before, but I doubt you can fix that.  That's his problem.  Everything else about his game is good.

Keep stubbornly insisting that Ceci is a good player, like you did with young Lazar. Until you realize I was right all along about this player too. As usual. I see you're headed that way having finally realized the low hockey IQ problem.

How can you watch the games and not think Ceci is a good player?  He's fine, but his low hockey IQ will stop him from ever being more than that.

I'll take my assessment of players over yours any time Mr. Lazar is Fantastic.  

Laugh1 Okay.

spader

avatar
All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The thing with defencemen toois that there always seems to be a bunch of 2nd pairing guys available every year via free agency, so Ceci wouldn't be that hard to replace.

When was the last time we made a worthy addition to the top 4? Gonchar, when Melnyk still had delusions about us winning a cup (going far into the playoffs)

I wouldn't put much stock into us doing anything significant in the FA market. Mostly depth at a cheap price.

You can't really go by the past. This off-season will be different. The expansion draft will have an impact.

Oglethorpe

avatar
Veteran
Veteran
Ceci turned 23 last week and is improving. If we moved him out we would have a brutal 2nd pair. Go through some other teams and look at their second pair and then you will be thankful we have Ceci.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum